Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LIGHT PEWTER METALIC
    1999 SS CAMARO

my spec is taking a dump ! stage 3 it aint worth shit! the rating on it cant be right ? Imo the customer service there sucks too! clutch probably dont have 20k on it? 550hp on juice and dr it starting to slip bad?
    finally 551 RWHP!!!!

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

my opinion is a Diamond Clutch from Texas Drivetrain and Performance. I went through a Centerforce in 6 months with a H/C combo, a SPEC 3+ in less than a month with the same H/C combo. Put in a stage 3 Diamond clutch (3 years, 30,000 miles ago) and drove it hard with the H/C combo, then made it a H/C/I combo, broke a stock rear end with slicks on about 2 years ago dumping at 6K at the track, installed a 9" spun a cam bearing a year later, installed bigger cubes last year, and still no problems to date. So mine has withstood 470-650 flywheel HP and still grabs like no other at the track and on the street. And price wise, Jason has made this clutch very affordable. And he is a great guy to do business with.
    Last edited by Cutlass; 06-05-2010 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Removed nonsponsor direct link

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

And also, while you are in there, be extra safe and go ahead and change your slave cylinder. Especially if you have a 2000 or older model.

blue
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 1SSWFO View Post
    my spec is taking a dump ! stage 3 it aint worth shit! the rating on it cant be right ? Imo the customer service there sucks too! clutch probably dont have 20k on it? 550hp on juice and dr it starting to slip bad?

I feel your pain. I have heads, cam, exhaust, and tune and my stage two SPEC is slipping after a little over a year. I going with the LS7 and hope to have better luck

Junior Member 00blackfirebirdform's Avatar

black
    2000 firebird formula

yea my slave cylinder is leaking internally so I have to replace it

black
    2000 firebird formula

so you put a ford 9" rear end in yours? how hard was that to do? did you have to do much fabricating?

blue
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by innerchi89 View Post
    I would also like to know, subscribed.

I have a heads, cam, exhaust, and tune that makes 364 hp/370 trq (on a stingy dyno) to the wheels. Bought a stage two SPEC that is now slipping after a little over a year. Recently I have read bad things about SPEC, particularly in the customer service department. Contacted Scoggin Dickey who are always helpful and who recommended the cam profile (220/224 114 LSA) for my combo. Was pointed to the LS7 clutch even after I told them of plans to port my LS2 heads, install a more aggressive cam, and a 383 stroker kit that will hopefully make about 100 hp more to the wheels. Haven't heard anything negative about the LS7 so that's where I'm going...

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

Quote Originally Posted by 00blackfirebirdform View Post
    so you put a ford 9" rear end in yours? how hard was that to do? did you have to do much fabricating?
    install is not that bad. just remember to get longer wheel studs if you get the 9" as the standard studs only allow the lugnut to grab a few threads. No fabricating required.
    Last edited by TACE02; 07-03-2010 at 10:43 PM.

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ddmfla View Post
    I have a heads, cam, exhaust, and tune that makes 364 hp/370 trq (on a stingy dyno) to the wheels. Bought a stage two SPEC that is now slipping after a little over a year. Recently I have read bad things about SPEC, particularly in the customer service department. Contacted Scoggin Dickey who are always helpful and who recommended the cam profile (220/224 114 LSA) for my combo. Was pointed to the LS7 clutch even after I told them of plans to port my LS2 heads, install a more aggressive cam, and a 383 stroker kit that will hopefully make about 100 hp more to the wheels. Haven't heard anything negative about the LS7 so that's where I'm going...
    google Texas Drivetrain and Performance in Dallas, Texas and check out the Diamond Clutch. Do NOT buy a Monster clutch, as TDP is the original designer and actually made the Diamond clutch better than the Monster. I would post the website but TDP is not a sponsor and the admins will edit my post. I recommend the Diamond above all others unless you plan to go twin disk.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

i just bought a level 4 monster clutch and its really nice, at first its pretty grabby but it mellows out a little bit. Its been great so far.

blue
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TACE02 View Post
    google Texas Drivetrain and Performance in Dallas, Texas and check out the Diamond Clutch. Do NOT buy a Monster clutch, as TDP is the original designer and actually made the Diamond clutch better than the Monster. I would post the website but TDP is not a sponsor and the admins will edit my post. I recommend the Diamond above all others unless you plan to go twin disk.
    Might take your advice after all... Found a good deal on an 402 LS2 stroker. Probably can't get it 'til next year so might as well get a high quality clutch now.

black
    2000 firebird formula

ive been hearing alot of good stuff about diamond clutches so i think thats the direction that im gonna go, not bad prices either....

black
    2000 firebird formula

install is not that bad. just remember to get longer wheel studs if you get the 9" as the standard studs only allow the lugnut to grab a few threads. No fabricating required.
    you know a good place to look for a 9"? my rear end was rebuilt like 7k ago and it is already starting to whine again and its slowly getting louder so i might put a 9" in it cuz ive heard those things are nearly indestructable

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

you know a good place to look for a 9"? my rear end was rebuilt like 7k ago and it is already starting to whine again and its slowly getting louder so i might put a 9" in it cuz ive heard those things are nearly indestructable
    ditto

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I think Mark on this site (www.kyspeed.com) who is a sponsor is a Moser distributor now if Moser is what you were looking at. The Wavetrac is supposed to be a nice unit.

If you have the coin, I'd look at Midwest for a 9". Heard lots of good things about them.

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

I bought mine from Bob at Exotic Performance Plus. Can't remember what I paid, but it was a little over $3K. Of course I opted for 4 channel ABS, Powder coating, relocation brackets, and aluminum center section. Just remember those studs, don't get stock size-they are too short. O and if you get one, be sure and do a good break in, otherwise it will whine...experience :-(.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I bought mine from Bob at Exotic Performance Plus. Can't remember what I paid, but it was a little over $3K. Of course I opted for 4 channel ABS, Powder coating, relocation brackets, and aluminum center section. Just remember those studs, don't get stock size-they are too short. O and if you get one, be sure and do a good break in, otherwise it will whine...experience :-(.
    I bought mine from Bob at EPP also. Same options as you just about. Brett left to work at another company though and since then, Bob has become only a distributor. Last I checked though, he wasn't even receiving PMs on Tech. Not sure about them as this point. Bob is a great guy, but I would buy from someone else IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information