Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

where/what is this harness you're talking about then?

black
    01 ws6

goto ebay and look up HID conversion kit and you will find it it comes w/ harness to convert the sealed beam we have w/ normal h4 HID bulbs

Awaiting Activation

Blue
    2000 TA

Do those Matrix 09-130 fit a TA?

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Killa View Post
    ive been looking at all these universal 4x6 h4 conversion kits for the headlights and i know id have to buy the h4 female harness and do some wiring myself but i think the only obstacle that would be an issue is the bulb its self...its a hi/low bulb...so this detail has stumped me i would love to be able to buy bulbs and quit buying the H4703 housing, and i dont really wanna do an HID kit...input anyone?

If i'm readin it right, and you want the h4 bulbs to have both high/low i did it. I had bought 2 sets of eurolamps and at first i had h7 for low and high but i love the look of em all lit up so i swapped the high for an h4 high/low so id have em all on. i had to do my own wiring, but it worked for a while. the only set back is that the h4 bulbs don't fit onto the housing without some cutting of the excess metal. i used wire snips and made it fit which worked fine except i forgot to seal it with the proper rubber washer so when it rained the bulb blew. i think it looked better than 1 lit til you turned on high beams. i'll post up some pics if i can find them

black
    01 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by BirdCountry02 View Post
    If i'm readin it right, and you want the h4 bulbs to have both high/low i did it. I had bought 2 sets of eurolamps and at first i had h7 for low and high but i love the look of em all lit up so i swapped the high for an h4 high/low so id have em all on. i had to do my own wiring, but it worked for a while. the only set back is that the h4 bulbs don't fit onto the housing without some cutting of the excess metal. i used wire snips and made it fit which worked fine except i forgot to seal it with the proper rubber washer so when it rained the bulb blew. i think it looked better than 1 lit til you turned on high beams. i'll post up some pics if i can find them
    that sounds like an awesome idea ! So both your high and low beam lenses are on at the same time but only low beam bulbs in both right ?

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

well i wanted all h4's but at the time i only did h7s for lows and h4 for high/lows cause i didn't wanna spend alot on an h4 kit that wouldn't fit. and i now know it will, but you gotta do some trimming for it to fit properly. i found the pics too. heres what it looked like

this is with the xenon bulbs that came with the eurolamps. i didn't have the money for hids, but once i do i'll be converting them to it. can't wait to see what it looks like with all lit hids

Black
    2002 Trans Am Convertible

I know this is an old thread but....

Where did you get the H4 and H7 housings that fit the TA? I have Hella H4s in my GN, but the only website I found that sells them specifically say that they will not fit the Trans Ams. Both my sealed beam low beams have water in them (I guess technically they're not 'sealed' beams anymore)

Thanks,
    Jim

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am WS6 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Kalepsis View Post
    If you can find some lens housings that will accept an aftermarket bulb, there's an ebay store that sells the bulb/ballast/wiring conversion kit for 140 shipped or less, in any size, any color temperature. You'll need 2 kits for all 4 lights, and if you get one hi and one low-beam, it'll cost less than 150 (in H4 bulb size). And they've got a 1-year warranty on all the parts. I've been using a 10,000K H3 bulb kit in my low beams that I got from them for $90 shipped, and it's been good for a long time.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/justpl...iQ2floQQsofpZ0
    Do you got more pics of your car I would like to see more about your headlight kit

red
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    I have them in my car and my truck. My mom runs them in her car, and as soon as my work van or my dads truck blow a bulb, they'll be going in them too. I've had them in nearly every vehicle I've owned. I also read on here other peoples opinions confirming mine, they are about the best drop-in replacement out there.
    I agree...I ran the xtra vision bulbs in my regular firebird...extremely bright. When I purchased my T/A though I couldn't find the xtra vision bulbs anywhere...silverstars are almost as bright but adequate.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Coversion on 1998 trans AM

Ok I have done the H7 sealed bead conversion from EUROLAMPS.COM. They are glass not some cheap plastic crap like most H4 LT1 coversions sold on EBAY. Plastic dicolors and doen't like hid or high wattage bulbs. They sell the replacement housings with a higher wattage buld included. You can get both high and low beam housings. You don't need to waste money on a harness just a package of female crimps from any Walmart or auto store. Silverstars and those type of bulbs are ok. better than stock. I have HID's on my Trailblazer and my GF's Tiburon and won't wast money on anything else, regular bulbs just don't compare.
    After getting the low beam housing I them a 35w 6000k HID kit. They have 55w not but haven't tried them yet. I payed $75 shipped, anything more is too much. The difference was night and day. So Next I bought a 6000K slim ballast HID kit for $90 for the fog lights. I was going to do the high beams but honestly I don't think i'd use them. I normally just run the lows and if it's a dark backroad i click the fog lights on and it all good from there. The sealed coversion is well worth the money especially with HID's. It's like driving a new car at night instead of the same headlights used in the 60's.

The H4 bulbs are for LT1 light conversions.
    Last edited by RyanJM; 04-14-2009 at 03:25 PM.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

BLACK
    1998 Trans-Am

ledgauges.com, or eurolights.com, gives you the empty plastic housings to replace your exsisting sealed beam units. Then just insert H4 bulbs such as xenon or blue bulbs but do not waste your money on Sylvania Silverstar, go to HOENUSA.com order the titanium or other bulbs they are truely a cut above PIAA or other bulbs on the market.

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by lcd680 View Post
    ledgauges.com, or eurolights.com, gives you the empty plastic housings to replace your exsisting sealed beam units. Then just insert H4 bulbs such as xenon or blue bulbs but do not waste your money on Sylvania Silverstar, go to HOENUSA.com order the titanium or other bulbs they are truely a cut above PIAA or other bulbs on the market.
    eurolamps aren't plastic, they're glass. not sure bout ledgauges. but you can't just buy an h4 bulb and install. h7's are smaller and you need to trim the plate at the back of the bulb to make it fit

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by lcd680 View Post
    Those titanium bulbs are only about 5 dollars less then I paid for a real HID kit. Why not just go with the best for a $5 difference.
    Just get the normal H7 bulb in a HID for the lens and it will be bright. If you want more get hid's for the fogs. I have HID's in all my cars.

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Those titanium bulbs are only about 5 dollars less then I paid for a real HID kit. Why not just go with the best for a $5 difference.
    Just get the normal H7 bulb in a HID for the lens and it will be bright. If you want more get hid's for the fogs. I have HID's in all my cars.
    thats what i'm doin when i have the money. i've heard hid's make a world of difference. i'd just go that route

White
    1998 Trans Am

There a huge difference from stock and those supposed super white bulbs and if you get a head and fog light set some people will discount the set, but you have to ask.

black
    1998 transam ws6

hids all the way dont waste your time or money on any thing else

Thread Information