Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    40mph in 6th gear gotta be a bogged down 800rpm. I bearly feel comfortable using 6th gear below 60mph. And honestly 36mpg, come on?!
    6th gear at 40MPH is 900 RPM's. Don't want to go WOT from that RPM, but it won't be bogging it out.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Better being going down hill unless you enjoy the 'ping ping ping'

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

I know this is old but...

Quote Originally Posted by fil131 View Post
    I also seemed to get high 20's to low 30's in my 2002 Z28 with 60k miles.

My new 2002 WS6 does not have as good mileage yet, but it still has some time as it only has 8000 miles.

All vehicles should start to get better gas milage as all the seals and gaskets settle in and break in.

That is damn good gas mileage if you ask me, for a 3600lb vehicle with some balls.

If you purchase my LS1-Edit listed in my sig below you can even run a bit leaner to save more. Or tune for E-85 and save there. LOL JUST THOUGHT I'D MIGHT AS WELL THROW THIS IN THE MIX.
    This is an ancient post I know. I was just looking up MPG as I have never know or cared.

I was curious about your mods. The cost and what mods to support that HP. 610 rwhp just had a nice ring to it.
    I have a 98 WS6 just a A4 with minor motor mods 214R cam and dyno tune, all else stronger parts but no power gain.
    I am curious about costs as I am now at 77K miles and not yet sure if I want to sink more $ in to the bird or spend it on a newer car or another Vette to mod. Amazing how well these TAs can grip the road with quality tires. The body style is awesome of course. Am hoping a new TA will come out as is rumored. That would have to look better than a camaro and with a.badass,motor and IRS....So love the TA but.....
    Comp Cams 242R, beehive springs, LS7 lifters, LS2 lifter trays, Comp Cam steel caged trunion bearing upgrade, Moly pushrods, Ported LS6 oil pump. Dyno tune...So far.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

No new Trans Am's unless Pontiac is open back up again.

Trans Am Depot makes "Trans Am's", GTO's, and some others that are 5th Gen Camaro's that have been converted over to look what many believe are the new version.

If money was no object yes I would have them make one for me. Depending on what you want their mods go form $20-$50 over the cost of a 5th Gen.

Yellow
    2002 Trans Am

Return of the zombie stock WS6 thread...

My CETA with a T56 just rolled over 45k miles and the engine has been running poorly. I pulled the air box to look at the throttle body and it was all gummed up, cleaned it up a bit and the car is running a bit better. I suspect the plugs/plug wires are OEM and while the mileage is low the age is high so I will be replacing the plugs and putting on a set of MSD wires I got a deal on. The transmission was just worked on, put in a McLeod clutch kit and drained and filled the transmission/rear end. Other then that the car is 100% stock. My mileage is all city as I am breaking in the clutch (212 miles to go) and my mileage is 12.2 mpg for in city. I know this is low and I have been keeping the rpms low due to breaking in the clutch.

After cleaning the throttle body I got just 11.6 mpg! I am not sure the wires and plugs will make that much of a difference? Fuel filter and air filter were replaced about 300 miles ago and while the oil is around 5k miles it is 3 years old and will be changed soon. I should be seeing closer to 15. The only mixed mileage figures I have were at 18mpg which is what I was expecting, still it seems the car isn't performing right to be going through that much gas. I have been using super unleaded and recently put in some fuel system and injector cleaner when I was down to 1/4 tank 3 weeks back.
    2002 Pontiac CETA #1315

Stock Engine, McLeod clutch kit/Tick MC in T56, stock suspension

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information