Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

so far i have recieved my headers, ory, egr/air block off plates, and 3" lap band clamps

still waiting for my slp lm2, pcm to return from tune, and my bosch 13111 o2s probably wont get any of these until monday or tuesday no to worried about time because i just soaked my stock exhaust bolts with pb blaster i hope this will ease removal and not give me any broken bolts

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

damn wrong thread my bad

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by damianj03 View Post
    damn wrong thread my bad

Good to hear that you are making progress.

silver
    2000 formula

going to do my headers during spring break......but i made sure i got new motor mounts so there is no doubt in if it might be a factor with fit problems

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by sjsingle1 View Post
    going to do my headers during spring break......but i made sure i got new motor mounts so there is no doubt in if it might be a factor with fit problems
    Let us know how it goes and post some pics of the process if you are able to. What headers?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Talking

dang it jeff, why didn't you warn me that driver's side Kooks header was gonna be MOFO to install?
    Oh and I'm having Y-pipe issues too. I was shorted one clamp and for some reason there are 2 rear O2 sensor bungs on my no cat ORY pipe. No plugs for them either, so I guess I'll be shopping for some plugs and a 3 inch band clamp
    Man, I'm ticked

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    dang it jeff, why didn't you warn me that driver's side Kooks header was gonna be MOFO to install?
    Oh and I'm having Y-pipe issues too. I was shorted one clamp and for some reason there are 2 rear O2 sensor bungs on my no cat ORY pipe. No plugs for them either, so I guess I'll be shopping for some plugs and a 3 inch band clamp
    Man, I'm ticked

I feel your pain. I did have to shave my K-member flange just a bit to get the driver side header up in. I even put my trans jack under the engine and tried to nudge it up for more clearance before getting out the grinder. How is your clearance for the brake lines in the tunnel?

If I recall, the Y-pipe did not come with bung plugs, but there was one for the extra fitting in the header. I ordered stainless plugs from Jeg's. I could have this backwards, but I believe that is how it was. Bummer on the band clamp -- must have been yours was packaged late on a Friday afternoon.

I slipped the rest of my exhaust together tonight to see how things fit and it looks like I will be good to go so long as I can get it to clamp in place where I need it to be. The torque arm is out right now as I haven't modified the brackets yet.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

After figuring out I was shorted a clamp and didn't even try to install the y pipe. But when I do I'll let you know.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Curious as to how far you end up sliding the Y onto the collectors. I have mine backed off quite a bit from where I started as it gave me the best clearance.

silver
    2000 formula

I got the TSP 1 7/8 ceramic coat with the ORY....got some new GM gaskets and stage 8 bolts.....ready to roll in a week

silver
    2000 formula

I wish my under carraige was that clean........my motor leaks every where.......only solution is to drop it and change ALL the gaskets......my underside looks like a oil well

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by sjsingle1 View Post
    I wish my under carraige was that clean........my motor leaks every where.......only solution is to drop it and change ALL the gaskets......my underside looks like a oil well

At least it will not rust...

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Jeff I came across this niffy device to eliminate the Y pipe banging against the floor it you run into that problem.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Jeff I came across this niffy device to eliminate the Y pipe banging against the floor it you run into that problem.
    Click for full size

Nice find! Will have to see what happens once we get the car on the road in a few weeks. You have any pics of your install?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

No pics yet.

Just wanted to mention though that Mark at KYSpeed came across this thread saw that Kooks shorted me a clamp for the ypipe. Without me even asking him, he called Kooks and got them to send me a clamp!! Absolutely blew me away. I highly recommend KYSpeed.

As soon as I get my clamp, I'm gonna start piecing my ypipe together and install it in the car. With pics off course.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

No pics yet.

Just wanted to mention though that Mark at KYSpeed came across this thread saw that Kooks shorted me a clamp for the ypipe. Without me even asking him, he called Kooks and got them to send me a clamp!! Absolutely blew me away. I highly recommend KYSpeed.

As soon as I get my clamp, I'm gonna start piecing my ypipe together and install it in the car. With pics off course.

I caught that in the other thread -- we are so lucky to have Mark to help us out. Will await pics.

SOM
    2002 SS

Wow, I LOVE the fitment of that setup. Can you post up the cost or pm it to me please? I want my exhaust tucked up like that right now I have a COrsa and Hooker Y and the install was half assed and it hangs so low and looks stupid too.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

KY Speed has the Kooks headers for $821 and catted y for $594. total $1415

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I tightened up my band clamps tonight and am hoping that I will be "bang free" once I get the car on the road again. I wedged a piece of wood between the body and the top of the driver side Y to hold it down as I snugged everything up. I think that once I get my mid-pipe clamped in place there should be very little movement in the system.

The one area where I still had an issue was the brake lines. Despite modifying the front bracket in the tunnel (to move it up), there was very little clearance between the lower brake line and the top of the Y. I popped both brake lines out of the clip and moved the lower line to the top snap. The top line is now above the snap, so I used a zip tie to hold it in place. I think everything should be good now.

BLACK
    2001 FORMULA

Your Y pipe is to big 3" it will vibrate rattle and drive you crazy will rub the ground all the time. Kooks is top notch for headers but the slp system fits better
    Last edited by RANDY RUSSELL; 03-10-2010 at 12:19 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information