Car Stereo is on LOC because battery died

This is a discussion on Car Stereo is on LOC because battery died within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I went to sebring to go see the 12 hours of sebring recently and while i was there my battery ...

WHITE
    1998 CAMARO

Car Stereo is on LOC because battery died

I went to sebring to go see the 12 hours of sebring recently and while i was there my battery died on me during the night and i guess reset the stereo. make a long story short, my stereo now say LOC and wont do a damn thing. the owners manual says it can only be taken off by the original code, and seeing as how im not the original owner i dont have that code...is there any way around this or am i sol?

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Go on ebay and pay $5 to get a code. My battery died when i was playing music and washing the car. Pontiac dealer told me they'd reset it for $42. F--- that, just search ebay for it.
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD, !AIR, !EGR, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT

www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14215 After calling the 1-800# if the code doesn't work try 202107.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1
    Go on ebay and pay $5 to get a code. My battery died when i was playing music and washing the car. Pontiac dealer told me they'd reset it for $42. F--- that, just search ebay for it.
    Why pay 5 bucks..it's free, just follow the directions. I can't believe someone out there is making $5 a pop for doing nothing but what 2001NMBZ28 posted

Just went to ebay and looked around - couldn't figure out how they could just give you a code. Sure nuf, you do the first part of the procedure, email them the numbers, (they call), email you the code back.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
    Just went to ebay and looked around - couldn't figure out how they could just give you a code. Sure nuf, you do the first part of the procedure, email them the numbers, (they call), email you the code back.

Thread Information