Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    01 WS6

Code to reset radio

Ok, I'm new as a member to this site, and I don't see this answer anywhere.
    I store my ws6 in the winter time, and the battery sometimes goes lower than expected. I had the code to unlock my radio but my son misplaced it.
    I'm in need for this code again. Can anyone help?

Bright Red, Victory Red
    00 Camaro SS, 07 Corvette

Radio Unlock Code Instructions

Here are some instructions that were posted a while back that I saved to a Word document for future reference. One suggestion for a stored vehicle is to use a Deltran Battery Tender Plus to keep your battery preserved and at full charge. I use one on each of my stored cars and the last battery I replace was 10 years old! I hope this info helps.

The following procedure will give you a new code that you can use instead of your personal code. Using this new code, you can “unlock” your radio and then “re-lock” it with a new code if you wish. Prerequisites: The radio must be in LOC mode NOT in INOP mode. Let me explain. If you have activated the Theft-Deterrent feature of your radio and loose power, the radio goes into LOC (theftlock) mode. With the ignition on, you must use the MN and HR buttons to enter you personal code in order to unlock it (The instructions are on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual). If you fail to enter the correct code eight (8) times, the radio goes into INOP mode. You have to wait an hour with the ignition on before the radio returns to LOC mode (go for a long drive somewhere). Procedure:
    1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
    2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
    3. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.
    4. Press the AM/FM button
    5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
    6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
    7. Call 1 800 537 5140
    8. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try again”
    9. Press 139010 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (start)
    10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)
    11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
    12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
    13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
    14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable. The Theft-Deterrent feature is STILL active! If you want to disable it, use the instruction on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual. Use the code from STEP 11 instead of your personal code.

damn where in the heck you learn that !

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731
    damn where in the heck you learn that !
    It's old information actually. If we hadn't lost the electronics FAQ thread I started (I_EAT_Z28 back then) on the old LS1.com site it would have been the 1st thread on this forum. That thread was filled with useful info.

Black
    01 WS6

Thanks for the info.
    I'll let you know how it comes out.

philsls1
    i was reading these posts and i got concerned. i stored my t/a this year and i disconnected the battery for the winter. will this loc my radio? i bought the car used and dont have code to unlock. Just thought of something, i wonder if previous owner wrote down in manual. i'll have to check.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

My battery died once and it went into lock mode. Got the code off ebay for $5.
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, Strano Springs, Koni Sport Shocks, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD wires,, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT - 303 RWHP and 308 RWTQ

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

Quote Originally Posted by philsls1
    i was reading these posts and i got concerned. i stored my t/a this year and i disconnected the battery for the winter. will this loc my radio? i bought the car used and dont have code to unlock. Just thought of something, i wonder if previous owner wrote down in manual. i'll have to check.
    It will if the Theft Lock system had a code entered. Hopefully the previous owner remembered to un-lock the radio when he sold the car. I would recommend re-connecting your battery to check and see ASAP
    The White Rascal SOLD
    Crank up the drums, crank up the bass,
    Crank up my Les Paul in your face!

philsls1
    i will have to do that. it seems to me when i hooked the battery up and started car i would remember seeing LOC on the radio but maybe not.

Black
    01 WS6

Yes, you will have to unlock your radio.
    It's not a big deal, it takes about 10 minutes.
    Let me know if you need the directions.

Black
    01 WS6

I guess you don't need it because I see it's posted above.

philsls1
    yes appredciate you putting that info up there. it will be a big help when i get car out in spring.

Mystic Teal Metallic 79U
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Heres a link to other useful stuff including that bypass it also answers alot of questions about F-body car audio:http://mods.firebirdv6.com/stereo.html#FBAQ_2
    It's almost as good as White rascals FAQ page that used to be on this website. Not quite though!!

JPNNH
    Dealer once told me you use the last 3 digits of the VIN # (unless it was changed by previous owner)

200ss4273
    Is that phone number still good (Call 1 800 537 5140)Did not work Sunday or is Sunday the problem.

NOTE I changed my battery today this is how it started. I called the guy who sold me the car and he claims he never set the lock code so the is no combo to unlock WHAT GIVES>

two tone
    2003 harley davidson f150

when mine did that.. i never called anywhere... i cant remember exactly what i did but i remember resetting the #'s to "000" so all i had to do was hold two buttons down and enter 000 or something.... didn't take no time but i forget where i found the information at

I called the number Monday it worked fine radio now unlocked.
    Thanks

does this work with Impala's as well, my friend just bought a CD player off of Ebay and needs to get it unlocked.

1 BAD ASS BOWTIE StangKiller615's Avatar

Black on Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2000SS4273 View Post
    Here are some instructions that were posted a while back that I saved to a Word document for future reference. One suggestion for a stored vehicle is to use a Deltran Battery Tender Plus to keep your battery preserved and at full charge. I use one on each of my stored cars and the last battery I replace was 10 years old! I hope this info helps.

The following procedure will give you a new code that you can use instead of your personal code. Using this new code, you can “unlock” your radio and then “re-lock” it with a new code if you wish. Prerequisites: The radio must be in LOC mode NOT in INOP mode. Let me explain. If you have activated the Theft-Deterrent feature of your radio and loose power, the radio goes into LOC (theftlock) mode. With the ignition on, you must use the MN and HR buttons to enter you personal code in order to unlock it (The instructions are on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual). If you fail to enter the correct code eight (8) times, the radio goes into INOP mode. You have to wait an hour with the ignition on before the radio returns to LOC mode (go for a long drive somewhere). Procedure:
    1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
    2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
    3. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.
    4. Press the AM/FM button
    5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
    6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
    7. Call 1 800 537 5140
    8. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try again”
    9. Press 139010 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (start)
    10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)
    11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
    12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
    13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
    14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable. The Theft-Deterrent feature is STILL active! If you want to disable it, use the instruction on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual. Use the code from STEP 11 instead of your personal code.
    Did you get this over at LS1tech? I posted it there a while back.

red
    98 corvette

Question, electrical problem 98 corvette

Maybe somebody out there can help me. My battery was draining after the car was parked for a couple of days. I thought the battery went bad so I bought a new one. The new battery drained just the same. In troubleshooting I removed a few of the fuses trying to isolate the problem. I gave up and decided to put the fuses back in place and take the car in for repairs. Now, for some reason I have no courtesy lights, power windows, radio, instruments and ignition and of course it won't start. The battery is fully charged, I have headlights and other systems. All the fuses are good and in place. Something in common with those things listed went out. Possibly in the theft deterrent system? Any ideas out there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information