Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Best street/strip cam for A4 01 ls1 ss?!?

This is a discussion on Best street/strip cam for A4 01 ls1 ss?!? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Ya I'd like to run maybe in October when it cools off a bit right now it's just too humid ...

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Ya I'd like to run maybe in October when it cools off a bit right now it's just too humid and hot. If u all were down to go I'd be more than willing to go just have to let me know. Anyway to stay on topic the only reason I wouldn't do the ms3 is that the cam loves to rev and being an auto even with a stall I'd want a cam with a little more grunt down low and in the midrange for a car that's driven a lot

2002 CETA m6

I just had the MS3 put in my 02 ws6 and i couldn't be happier with it. I also had 4.10 gears put in to help get me in the powerband quicker. The car is not my daily driver, but i dont see anything wrong with daily driving a cam of that size, it does shake the car a little bit but thats one of my favorite aspects of getting a big cam, again it all comes down to what your "tolerance" is toward modifying a car.

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

Local shop for ya.....

Quote Originally Posted by 01SsRacing View Post
    ALL great info guys! I want to find a shop that does a lot of work on f-bodys and ls1's. Idk if you guys have heard of mike norris... his shop name mike norris motorsports but he use to be pretty close it was a lil drive but not bad untill he moved up north. So im trying to find a good ls1 shop local that know these car and could help me with a good setup

Just surprised you didnt know the work CorvetteMasters in your neck of the woods-no pun intended here (Longwood). They can do all necessary work you need. Mike Norris came from there. Good luck.

Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    Ya I'd like to run maybe in October when it cools off a bit right now it's just too humid and hot. If u all were down to go I'd be more than willing to go just have to let me know.
    let me know if you guys plan something, I'd be interested in attending also, mayby post up a plan in the southern f-body forum. I've run at Speed World a couple times and would love to go again especially if we can get a few fellow LSers together.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Same ol Situation View Post
    I just had the MS3 put in my 02 ws6 and i couldn't be happier with it. I also had 4.10 gears put in to help get me in the powerband quicker. The car is not my daily driver, but i dont see anything wrong with daily driving a cam of that size, it does shake the car a little bit but thats one of my favorite aspects of getting a big cam, again it all comes down to what your "tolerance" is toward modifying a car.
    I'm assuming you have an m6 being that you had 4.10 gears the ms3 cam works great there because of the ratios in the t56 gears but in a stock stalled auto that cam would be a dog I would reccommend atleast a 3600 stall if not a 4000 to run that cam.

Transamx2 ya I'd like to plan something in the fall I just think it would be a waste to go now because its still hot/humid out and the da will probably suck.

NBM
    1998Z28

Well nobody has asked so I got to. What is your rear gear ratio? Does it say GU2 on your drivers door? If so then I recommend you get a set of 3.73 thick gears from Yukon. I have found them to be the quietest I ever had installed. That along with a good stall convertor will help you keep whatever cam you pick out in its powerband quicker.
    TSP 347 SB, TSP Stage 2.5 PRC LS6, TSP MS4, Performabuilt Stage 2 4L60E, Yank PT4000, 4.11s, Fast 90/90, FTRA Cold air intake+all the free mods, Dynatech Supermaxx Exaust System, DMH Cutouts, Hooker Catback/FTRA Tips. Tuned by RPM/Garner NC. 11.28@119

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by PFM View Post
    Well nobody has asked so I got to. What is your rear gear ratio? Does it say GU2 on your drivers door? If so then I recommend you get a set of 3.73 thick gears from Yukon. I have found them to be the quietest I ever had installed. That along with a good stall convertor will help you keep whatever cam you pick out in its powerband quicker.
    ......He says he has an SS so that makes him automatically have 3.23's which is why we recommended the stall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information