Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

I beat a new grand sport/ZO6 and a 2010 Shelby GT 500...How?

This is a discussion on I beat a new grand sport/ZO6 and a 2010 Shelby GT 500...How? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by pajeff02 Easy gents. I have to agree with the majority that the time simply does not comport ...

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Easy gents.

I have to agree with the majority that the time simply does not comport with the stated mods. However, arguing about this on the intrawebs, although entertaining, isn't going to do anything but cause an undue rise in blood pressure. It is what it is.
    I agree 100%.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Easy gents.

I have to agree with the majority that the time simply does not comport with the stated mods. However, arguing about this on the intrawebs, although entertaining, isn't going to do anything but cause an undue rise in blood pressure. It is what it is.
    my rise in blood pressure is a direct result of me laughing hysterically at this thread. well done everyone.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

I FOUND THIS KIDS VIDEO!!!!

Red
    99 SS

My buddy Tim's termi putting 748 to the ground was only mid to high 10's spinning a whole lot is what I was told, that's more that double your hp roughly, so I can't see your times being correct, but the best way to shut everybody up is to take your car to the track, let your brother drive it, record it trap that time, show us the video, then we will kindly tell you your car is modded a lot more than you originally thought lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

I think OP said he is going to the track tomorrow, i guess that will tell the tale.

Red
    99 SS

i was trying to find the dyno video of the first dyno pull before the it was all the way tuned, i have it on my phone, the first pull was only 695, then they found out his belt was slipping and he was losing 6lbs of boost in the upper rpm range

Red
    99 SS

sorry for the bad video, turn your speakers down, the sound is horrible, i took the video with my old phone, just posted it so you would not think i was just blowing smoke up everybodys ass

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

^^^That never occured to me before.

OP(90ARAPAJ), how long have you had your car? Are you sure there aren't any other mods done to it, other than the ones you're aware of? Have you ever dyno'd it?

I have seen several LS1 Fbodies at the track running different "sleeper cams" with a variety of different heads/intakes. Just by hearing them idle you'd never guess the car was cammed, let alone nearly built......Till they line up and put up an 11 sec pass. I've seen it happan many times.

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    I FOUND THIS KIDS VIDEO!!!!
    haha thats pretty funny i was getting worked up just watching the video!!!

atleast he has a girl friend that doesnt know anything and will stand behind him 100%.... LMAO

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by 90ARAPAJ View Post
    Please just answer this question. Why would i go through all this trouble of this post to lie to you guys and make all this up? I am not benefiting anything from this at all. On Pass Time a black Trans Am LS1 with a tune, 3.73s, and radials ran an 11.5 ,,,,simple as that. He said that was all that was done to it. As far as my car goes, maybe there is more done to it that i dont know of but im pretty knowledgeable about what my car has and doesnt have. Just because it was given to me im not stupid. The car has been in my family since May 17th, 1998.
    I'm not saying it's not possible the OP doesn't know, but it seems unlikely. Couple that with all the other statements he made, and the mods he did list, and things don't add up. My theory, and I could be wrong, is that the OP posted this story in hopes of gaining internet respect, got caught in a lie, and is trying to cover. Anyone with any actual knowledge of these cars would not make these statements. Again, I could be wrong, and for the OP's sake, I hope I am. I hope he can actually provide proof. I will gladly admit I'm wrong. I just don't like to see people stating things like a stock TA without even bolt ons would run an 11.5, and believing it. And expecting everyone else to believe it.

I guess the ball is ib the OP's court niw. Let's see if he can provide the proof.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I'm not saying it's not possible the OP doesn't know, but it seems unlikely. Couple that with all the other statements he made, and the mods he did list, and things don't add up. My theory, and I could be wrong, is that the OP posted this story in hopes of gaining internet respect, got caught in a lie, and is trying to cover. Anyone with any actual knowledge of these cars would not make these statements. Again, I could be wrong, and for the OP's sake, I hope I am. I hope he can actually provide proof. I will gladly admit I'm wrong. I just don't like to see people stating things like a stock TA without even bolt ons would run an 11.5, and believing it. And expecting everyone else to believe it.

I guess the ball is ib the OP's court niw. Let's see if he can provide the proof.

This plus....

We haven't been "mean" or have picked on the OP about his claim yet unlike other sites. If we were he would have quit the site or been ran off. So far it's been kept quite civil here in this thread. I hope the OP realizes this. We just want video proof of cars to back up claims.

Red
    99 SS

So then we can all say we got ripped off on our cars lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

That video just made my day. Shit talker and wont even race. I'd race even though i knew i was gonna lose just for the fun of it. In this thread someone asked how long ive had my car. My brother bought it brand new in 1998 and started tearing it apart to do stuff to it a month after lol and were Albanians so he had this need to make his car better/faster right away. He did do alot of stuff to it and he gave me the car a year ago because hes too old to handle the rough ride. Everyone knew not to fuck with Gjonny (my older brother) because they knew he always did secret stuff to his car. Even when i ask him what are the secret things now he'll say "he doesnt remember". I know 90% of the things done to it but that other 10% can make a difference like someone said "sleeper cams". I know you guys havnt been mean to me, i actually appreciate this talk, thats why i posted!!! Even now i see how interesting this got and how many people have joined in but you guys have to remember, I'm not that kid in the video lol i'm not lying to you guys!! What else do you think could be done to my car that i dont know about?

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

get it dynoed or make a video of it at the track. If those aren't possible at the moment, a video of the speedo/tach on a 0-100ish run would help us get an idea of what it's capable of.

Also there's one problem with my "sleeper motor" theory, those numbers still wouldn't be possible if it were not for many suspension mods(you did mention though that you're brother thought the car was too stiff, so those upgrades could exist), some drag radials/slicks, and almost definetly a stall. The presence of a stall would be easy to detect by getting a vid of your tach/speedo like i previously mentioned. The suspension mods would be a bit more difficult to spot, but if you know what you're looking for they're easy to discover if they exist, so some pics of the underside of the rear/rear fender wells would solve that mystery.

If you can post those, all the scepticism/accusations could be put aside, and better yet we could tell you what your car is ACTUALLY capable of.

Provided you aren't throwing a bunch of BS at us.
    Last edited by LeadFarmer; 10-22-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    get it dynoed or make a video of it at the track. If those aren't possible at the moment, a video of the speedo/tach on a 0-100ish run would help us get an idea of what it's capable of.

Also there's one problem with my "sleeper motor" theory, those numbers still wouldn't be possible if it were not for many suspension mods(you did mention though that you're brother thought the car was too stiff, so those upgrades could exist), some drag radials/slicks, and almost definetly a stall. The presence of a stall would be easy to detect by getting a vid of your tach/speedo like i previously mentioned. The suspension mods would be a bit more difficult to spot, but if you know what you're looking for they're easy to discover if they exist, so some pics of the underside of the rear/rear fender wells would solve that mystery.

If you can post those, all the scepticism/accusations could be put aside, and better yet we could tell you what your car is ACTUALLY capable of.

Provided you aren't throwing a bunch of BS at us.

I had it dynoed a very long time ago. It was stock but with the nos only no mods at the time. So they arnt even the final results. But it dynoed w/o the nos at 312HP with 320torque (not a WS6) and it made somehow 365HP with the 50 shot of NOS (i have 100 now)

As far as the suspension goes it was lowered with eibach kit. It has a really rough ride. How would i know forsure there was a stall in it? I will take a video today of the tach/speedo goin to about 80 maybe 100. But the thing is i have my gears setting to 4.56 even though my brother said i have 3.73 (read the thread i started about my gearing problem) so its going to be off a little i hope that doesnt ruin your judging results and i will also post pics i will do everything thats no problem.

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Wow, 4.56s in an A4.....do you daily drive this thing? I wanna say that with some bolt ons, a 100 shot, 4.56s, some sticky ass tires, and one helluva driver. It MIGHT, Just MIGHT be possible. IF you're sitting around 450rwhp mark with that shot. But that's still a heckuva stretch. I'm def. no expert on estimating these things, so hopefully others will chime in.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    Wow, 4.56s in an A4.....do you daily drive this thing? I wanna say that with some bolt ons, a 100 shot, 4.56s, some sticky ass tires, and one helluva driver. It MIGHT, Just MIGHT be possible. IF you're sitting around 450rwhp mark with that shot. But that's still a heckuva stretch. I'm def. no expert on estimating these things, so hopefully others will chime in.
    I only drive it on nice days or like tonight to church like tonight. I get a full 50 miles every half a tank LOL. I do 2100 RPM @ 50 and 3000@ 70 -__-... Also, im going to make it 150 shot of NOS but im scared my car cant handle it. Also while were talking about this i want to know what my car can handle RPM wise?

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

wow im so calling the flag on this one you just said in your Gearing calibration problem thread that you installed 3.73 gears and your computer was never calibrated so to make up for the lost miles you programmed it to think the car has 4.56 gears to get your miles back? so you dont have 4.56 gears you have 3.73 gears and if your only getting 50 miles to half tank then either there is a brick stuck on your shoe or your car is severely messed up....
    Last edited by My00Z28; 10-22-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

I live next to Sterling Heights.

I'll see your car, the GS and Z.

Hell, let me drive your car 100ft and let you know what it's capable of and we can end this.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information