Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Quarter Mile time?

I have a 1998 Trans Am A4 with 47,000 original miles. I was curious about what it would run in the 1/4 mile. heres the list of stuff i have done. P.S. i have nos and i wanna know what id run with and without the NOS.

100 Shot NOS ( I want time estimates w/ and w/o nos)
    3.73 gears
    NGK plugs/ MSD wires
    160 degree thermostat
    hypertech tuned
    ZR1 rims (285 all around)
    MAC midlength headers/exhaust (cat delete)
    Eibach springs
    Raptor ram air hood (cold air intake w/ heat extractors)
    Subfram connectors/ 4 point roll cage/ strut tower brace
    B&M shift kit

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I WOULD RUN IN THE 1/4!!

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Varies on way too many factors, no one can accurately tell you what YOU would run in the quarter.
    Elevation would need to be known as well but my questions would be..

Tuned as in shift points altered as well?
    New gears but do you have a stall?
    What kind of rubber on the rims?

I've never sprayed so I can't really let you know on that. I have an srt8 300 buddy who ran 12.8 NA and 11 something on the bottle but I believe it was more than 100. Perhaps not though, idk.

Regardless, stock times alter from 13.6 to 12.9 in extreme cases, with a huge favor in the mid 13 region so, without spray I could say like high 12's-low 13's depending. All about the 60 ft. Perfect scenario I could see a 12.6-7?

Others who are a lot more experienced may chime in though, I could be way off

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post
    Varies on way too many factors, no one can accurately tell you what YOU would run in the quarter.
    Elevation would need to be known as well but my questions would be..

Tuned as in shift points altered as well?
    New gears but do you have a stall?
    What kind of rubber on the rims?

I've never sprayed so I can't really let you know on that. I have an srt8 300 buddy who ran 12.8 NA and 11 something on the bottle but I believe it was more than 100. Perhaps not though, idk.

Regardless, stock times alter from 13.6 to 12.9 in extreme cases, with a huge favor in the mid 13 region so, without spray I could say like high 12's-low 13's depending. All about the 60 ft. Perfect scenario I could see a 12.6-7?

Others who are a lot more experienced may chime in though, I could be way off
    yes shift point altered but no stall and i have 285/40/zr17 khumo cheap tires....but i have my computer programmed for 4.56 wen i really have 3.73 to save miles....i also live in sterlng heights, MI which is north of detroit.. and its funny u say 300 srt8 my boy has 1 and we raced and i smoked him from a roll and dig all he has is a intake lol my brother said he ran 11.7 without spray back in like 2001

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

The car is capable of high 12's without spray, with mid to low 12's on it. Possibly high 11's. Much will depend on the driver. Cut a good 60' time, have decent weather, and let the car shift itself, and your 1/4 times should be at those numbers. With bad tires, a stock stall, and an inexperienced driver, you'll more likely see 13's or even 14's.

That said, I'd recommend a stall, and tranny cooler, get rid of the mid length headers for LT's, get rid of the Hypertech tune and get a Frost tune - with the correct gear programmed to ensure proper shifting, and get a set of good slicks for racing. You'll hit low 12's and 11's on the spray. Watch getting traction if you have the stock 10 bolt rear though. They don't hold up well. A 12 bolt or 9" would ensure you won't be stuck with a busted differential.
    Last edited by Knight; 10-05-2011 at 07:08 AM.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ This. The combination of intake and exhaust mods, along with the Hypertech tune, probably have you running lean.

Thread Information