Results 1 to 14 of 14

Differences between 98-00 and 01/02

This is a discussion on Differences between 98-00 and 01/02 within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Guys I am looking for a Z28 I was looking at 01+ originally, however I don't see it happening. Is ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    93

    Black
    1999 Mustang GT

    Differences between 98-00 and 01/02

    Guys I am looking for a Z28 I was looking at 01+ originally, however I don't see it happening. Is there any reason I should wait until I get the money for a 01/02, or should I just buy a 98-00?

    Thanks ahead of time guys. You have been a great help. I am finally stuck on the LS1, Im not gonna get the Cobra. I like Mustang, but they're POS when it comes to modding. I hear the LS1 is almost like a FI (SRT-4, WRX, EVO...)car when it comes to mods, and they respond like "WOAH"

  2. #2
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Differences between the f-body years

    read this and it will answer all of your questions.....

  3. #3
    Senior Member Danger731's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    6,712
    Go 2002, even 98's with 500 + rwhp can't beat me. Cause it's an 02.
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red

    2009 CTS4 Ice Black

    2013 1500 Silverado Z71

    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    93

    Black
    1999 Mustang GT

    I found a 1999 Silver SS/SLP how much power is that making?

  5. #5
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by lvlustang View Post
    I found a 1999 Silver SS/SLP how much power is that making?
    read what i just edited man. it will tell you the differences. its a sticky. and the 99 is making 320hp

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    93

    Black
    1999 Mustang GT

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    read what i just edited man. it will tell you the differences. its a sticky. and the 99 is making 320hp
    O, I thought the SLP edition was special or something. I know the normal SS makes 320HP 335TQ.

  7. #7
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by lvlustang View Post
    O, I thought the SLP edition was special or something. I know the normal SS makes 320HP 335TQ.
    it all depends what slp options it has. its mostly appearance modifications. personally i dont think its worth the extra dough for an slp edition unless this car will be a garage queen.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    93

    Black
    1999 Mustang GT

    Alright Basically I found a 1999 SS with 48K on it for 13,800......

    Pictures......



  9. #9
    -S-howtime -S-teele (SS) showtimesteele99SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Haddon Heights NJ
    Age
    31
    Posts
    219

    Black
    1999 SS Camaro #4,510

    jump on that , i would anyway i just got myn for 11,8 wit 60,000 and they were asking 13,000 so i dunno its a sharp color and the grey brings out the lines and curvs

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    93

    Black
    1999 Mustang GT

    Quote Originally Posted by showtimesteele99SS View Post
    jump on that , i would anyway i just got myn for 11,8 wit 60,000 and they were asking 13,000 so i dunno its a sharp color and the grey brings out the lines and curvs
    I know this sounds gay, but that car would look SOOO damn sexy with my bike....


    Uploading huge freaking pics now.... Don't worry I will edit and post them... Trying to figure out how to resize.

    Edit-





    Edit #2- Gay, pics are small I apologize sorry. Thats my bike 2004 Triumph Daytona 600.

    Edit #3- Please don't take any offense to the word "Gay" it is a figure of speech, and I personally think its better then Fu**

  11. #11
    UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omar's Tittie Taverna & Grill, Deh Rawod
    Posts
    1,447

    18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

    Thumbs up Good Deal!!!

    You said gay...oh no...lol I'm KIDDING!!

    Anyway, I think that's a great deal. Jump on it! You may even talk them down some if they're dealers.

    Are you trading anything in? If so, sell your car off first. You'll get more for it.

    Here are a few pointers for buying a vehicle from a dealership FYI:

    1. Get pre-approved for a loan at your bank or credit union First (VERY IMPORTANT).
    2. Get them to lower their price for the car as low as possible. Act like you will get financing through the dealership. Dont worry about what monthly payments they come at you with or the interest rate. Just get them to drop the price of the car.
    3. When you have got them to bottom out on the price of the car. Get them to write the final price of the car down on paper and have the dealer rep sign it and you sign it. That is the FINAL price you'll pay.
    4. Now hit them with, "My credit union can get me a better percentage rate." Act like you're making a phone call. Then come back and say that your bank pre-approved you for the purchase amount. You have just screwed "th3 st3al3rship."

    The stealership thought that they would get you on the interest rate or term of loan or monthly amount or down payment. Not now...you took all of that away from under them. They will be pissed but the objective of buying the car for rock bottom price would be met!

    Good luck and I hope that this helps our members!!

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    93

    Black
    1999 Mustang GT

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis View Post
    You said gay...oh no...lol I'm KIDDING!!

    Anyway, I think that's a great deal. Jump on it! You may even talk them down some if they're dealers.

    Are you trading anything in? If so, sell your car off first. You'll get more for it.

    Here are a few pointers for buying a vehicle from a dealership FYI:

    1. Get pre-approved for a loan at your bank or credit union First (VERY IMPORTANT).
    2. Get them to lower their price for the car as low as possible. Act like you will get financing through the dealership. Dont worry about what monthly payments they come at you with or the interest rate. Just get them to drop the price of the car.
    3. When you have got them to bottom out on the price of the car. Get them to write the final price of the car down on paper and have the dealer rep sign it and you sign it. That is the FINAL price you'll pay.
    4. Now hit them with, "My credit union can get me a better percentage rate." Act like you're making a phone call. Then come back and say that your bank pre-approved you for the purchase amount. You have just screwed "th3 st3al3rship."

    The stealership thought that they would get you on the interest rate or term of loan or monthly amount or down payment. Not now...you took all of that away from under them. They will be pissed but the objective of buying the car for rock bottom price would be met!

    Good luck and I hope that this helps our members!!
    I won't need a loan, and yes I am trading in my 99 GT.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Danger731's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    6,712
    Thats a real nice SS !

  14. #14
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    Thats a real nice SS !
    looks suspect, i guess because of the little body kit to me....
    check the door jamb codes and verify that shit, if not for your own peace of mind, for mine.....

    and good luck man.....if it has an ls1 then youre 90% done with the hard part of looking

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Age Differences
    By 024mula in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2011, 08:31 AM
  2. differences
    By TA98 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 06:51 AM
  3. Differences?
    By Eric1987 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 06:01 PM
  4. 98-02 differences
    By anfking6908 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 11:52 AM
  5. Any differences at all?
    By ATCharming in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-27-2007, 01:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •