Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

So very sorry to hear that, John

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Sounds like your grandpa had a big effect on your life like mine did. My grandpa is the #1 reason I started hunting. My dad didn't hunt but my grandpa passed along everything I know about the woods.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

So sorry John. Sounds like he wanted to go on his own terms, and that's very respectable. My uncle suffered a lot of years in a nursing home after a few serious hospital stays because my aunt just couldn't let go, it was very sad and drawn out way too long.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Thank again guys.

He did indeed leave on his own terms. He had no doubt in his mind where he was going and who would be waiting there for him.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Me and my Grandpa had a falling out for a decade or so. It started when my Grandmother passed and I was the last to see her, he had let the family say their goodbyes before he died but just ran out of time. It took a while but later on we made amends about a year before he passed. Glad we were able to do so. One of the happiest days I've ever remembered was the day he met my son. He went in his sleep so it was peaceful.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Went to the woods with my little brother this weekend, but a wildfire pushed through right next to the primary stand. We split up and went to a couple other stands on the same property, but were pretty sure the fire had pushed the deer out, at least temporarily. Heard some footsteps behind me at one point, but turned out to be a large turtle commuting between ponds. Those buggers are pretty loud rustling in dead oak leaves

Hoping to have some better luck in the next couple weeks. Next weekend is the last for rifle, so I'll be on the bow again after that.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

shot a big doe today with the new muzzle loader. We've had a good year here....that's 3 in the freezer now. We may do one more and call the season done. I'll take Zach out a few more times and see if we can get him another one. He needs to shoot something with size to it.....this year made his 3rd deer and all 3 have been button bucks. I'm on the fence getting me another tag. I've already filled my buck tag so I can get one more doe tag for that county. On one hand if Zach can fill his tag we'll have enough meat to last the year and not have to skimp but I enjoy going out and just sitting there watching someone else hunt isn't my idea of fun. The weather will be turning soon so I can see lack of motivation being an issue. Tough to just go sit in a tree in single digit temps when you're not even hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I went out yesterday morning. All I saw were pheasants. Really thought about shooting one that kept running around me but with only a 300 win mag on hand I decided I probably wouldn't have much to eat after I shot it anyway.

Gun is over for most of the state and now it's muzzleloader/bow. But I have 2 properties I go to that are considered metro units which means you can use muzzleloader, gun or bow until the end of muzzle loader season. I have until next Sunday to shoot another buck. After that it's doe only for me since I shot a buck with my Archery tag.

As Orion said, soon it will get real cold and I lack motivation to sit in real cold knowing if a big buck walks out I can't shoot it.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Bought another tag today. I just want to be able to carry this weekend, bonus weekend, and take the muzzy out. Zach has a wrestling tournament all day Saturday so I'm taking a buddy of his out in the morning then we'll go watch Zach rassle after lunch. I'm gonna take the both of them out Sunday. That kinda depends on how my hunting buddy does Saturday. He gets one Saturday we may just get drunk as hell and sleep in Sunday.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Both of the kids bagged bucks on opening day here.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

It's Hunting season

going out again tomorrow morning for charity. we have one in the freezer which is all we need, but I have a buddy that could use the meat.

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Dropped a nice doe at 265 yds. Solid 24 inch blood trail to follow . Really love IN finally allowed rifles. She is in the freezer but could really use another good deer. Last weekend for firearm but still have muzzleloader if it does not work out in next two days.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

had a doe past us this morning but Zach's buddy was moving around and she busted him. I've put both those boys on deer in that spot and they couldn't make it happen. Little goofy ass mistakes too. I could've easily shot both deer because I was ready, facing the right direction, and quiet. It's like learning to hunt all over again with these 2 watching them make the simple mistakes. I have 1 more year of it after this one then I can send them on their way.....you can't legally hunt without an adult until 16 in Ohio. I can't wait to start doing my own hunting again for awhile until Pickle gets old enough then I get to go through all this again.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Neither of my parents hunted. We always ended up going out with the neighbors and they taught us what to do. Always started with the annual loading of shells, sighting in of the guns, obtaining our licenses and gearing up. Good memories.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Zach has some good memories......sprinkled in with memories of me cussing all the way back to camp

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The neighbors were very patient with us and taught us well. I do not recall any cussing, even when I accidentally dropped two deer with one shot.

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Fire arm season ended with only one big doe for the freezer so the muzzy comes out next weekend to try and fill the rest of the freezer. We do get a late doe only firearm season after muzzy though, so all hope is not lost.
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I'm trying to figure out if I can go back to TX for the last week of hunting in January. My Dad spotted another 8 point last week.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

We have a 2 day bonus gun weekend coming up in 2 weeks. Think I'm going to leave the boys at home and just take my daughter to sit with me. Tired of messing around with those boys for the year. I let them sleep in and miss the last day of gun Sunday because neither set an alarm. Their mom's aren't there and I have 2 deer in the freezer. If you want to hunt then get your ass out of bed.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information