Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    Hey Scott,

I am looking to replace my carpet in Gracie.

Do you remember what brand the carpet was?

Do you think that you would have been able to replace the carpet, without taking out the B pillar area trim? I would like to try to not pull as much out as I can, to minimize the risk of breaking parts.

I ordered mine from RockAuto IIRC. Yr1 and Jegs all use the same vendor (Auto Customs Carpet??), They just change the price.

You will need to remove the b pillar, It's not hard, hell easier than you think, easier than pulling the seats.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I ordered mine from RockAuto IIRC. Yr1 and Jegs all use the same vendor (Auto Customs Carpet??), They just change the price.

You will need to remove the b pillar, It's not hard, hell easier than you think, easier than pulling the seats.
    Sounds like I just need to be able to get off of my duff and ger'er done! Going to put the Fatmat in against the floor pan too.

My biggest fear is pulling the carper, and finding rust through in the floor pan.
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    L76 6.0L block, PRC Ported 243 heads, Texas Speed 224R cam.
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Sway Bar
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    UMI Welded-on Two Piece Subframe Connectors
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact Sports all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    415 rwhp

Navy Blue Metallic

Bird has a new rug...

I was too but surprisingly found none. even with my daughter's vert with a torn top she had no rust on floors

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

I was too but surprisingly found none. even with my daughter's vert with a torn top she had no rust on floors
    I opened the trunk yesterday, and found mouse droppings on the towel that was at the bottom of the trunk; it kind of did it in for me on the carpet. (calling the exterminator that I have a contract with to come back in and square that away).

I ordered an Auto Custom Carper floor carpet from Summit, last night. Ordered it with the Mass Backing for $370.00, plus tax.

I think once its installed, I will clean out the original carpet, and store it in the new box; I don't think its too bad, a few stains here and there; probably a good cleaning outside of the car may bring it back to decent shape.

It will be interesting to see how much muck is under the seats and nook-and-crannies after 221k miles. Will be cleaning the floor pan and laying down the Fatmat that I have as well. Hopefull it will be a quieter car, too.

Navy Blue Metallic

Bird has a new rug...

use a good mask and gloves. rat shit/piss has bad bugs that can fuck you up if you breath it in.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

use a good mask and gloves. rat shit/piss has bad bugs that can fuck you up if you breath it in.

I believe it, luckily, I don't think they have been in there much or for long, I think they came in around the first freeze, as the last few times that I was in the hatch area, there were no signs of mouse droppings then.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

I keep moth balls under the hood of my GN and my TA. Both of these cars sit for months at a time. Seems to be a good deterrent for the critters. You can also put them on top of the tires. That's 1 of the normal routes mice like to climb to get up into the cars. I get them from my local Home Depot.
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

Navy Blue Metallic

I'm trying to figure out how the mice got in. Shouldn't be an opening big enough.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

You would be pretty surprised the size of a hole those little critters can get into. The only spots I can think of off hand, would be somewhere along the firewall, where the wiring comes through. They might have chewed away some of the rubber grommets and slide right pass the wiring. Check up under the dash behind the gas and brake pedals. There is also a bulkhead of wiring going through the passenger side foot well. It starts under the hood where the PCM sits. Passenger side top left. You will probably have to disconnect the PCM ( disconnect battery 1st!! ) then look under there. There is also some rubber grommets inside the interior for letting water out if the car is flooded. Climb up under the car and see if any of those have been chewed away. After doing a brief research on the internet, a smaller mouse can fit through an opening the size of a dime !!!!
    Mind blown !!

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by RONS98TA View Post
    You would be pretty surprised the size of a hole those little critters can get into. The only spots I can think of off hand, would be somewhere along the firewall, where the wiring comes through. They might have chewed away some of the rubber grommets and slide right pass the wiring. Check up under the dash behind the gas and brake pedals. There is also a bulkhead of wiring going through the passenger side foot well. It starts under the hood where the PCM sits. Passenger side top left. You will probably have to disconnect the PCM ( disconnect battery 1st!! ) then look under there. There is also some rubber grommets inside the interior for letting water out if the car is flooded. Climb up under the car and see if any of those have been chewed away. After doing a brief research on the internet, a smaller mouse can fit through an opening the size of a dime !!!!
    Mind blown !!
    To be honest, if they are small enough, they could just push their way through the weatherstripping.

I plan to frequently drive the car, so moth balls on the tires might not be as good of a solution, although putting some in the engine bay may, I could put some in the driver side shock tower apron that has that dimple.

I could put some mothballs in the trunk area as well.

Thread Information