Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by cade75 View Post
    How much where you asking. Looks like I might get a few things from you for the build.
    Or you can tear it all apart and do this too.. Up to you.

RED
    1998 Camaro

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    The "T" creates 2 fuel lines in a looped fasion on the LS1 and the other line without the "T" is the evap.

Like I said you would need to modify the v6 line outlet (presure side) some by simply adding a "T" before the filter and connecting the v6 return to the "T" for your LS1.

Then you can connect the evap just like it was on the v6 to your evap solenoid on the LS1.
    Ok, so the line from the new T will go to the pump correct, and will the evap line just plug in like on my 6. Will I have to re-route the line to the evap canister or do I even have to disconnect the line in the rear?

Not trying to sound like to much of a noob but I want to do this correctly if I go that route.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Ok, so the line from the new T will go to the pump correct, and will the evap line just plug in like on my 6. Will I have to re-route the line to the evap canister or do I even have to disconnect the line in the rear?

Not trying to sound like to much of a noob but I want to do this correctly if I go that route.
    You don't sound like a noob man, I forget sh&t all the time.. It's age..lol

No,, the line from the filter and the line from the T you cut in will run to your LS1 fuel rail.

The lone evap line will simply connect to your LS1 evap solenoid the same as it did on the 3800.
    Last edited by Smittro; 01-16-2012 at 07:16 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

1. cut in your T before the filter.

2. cut the v6 return fuel line and connect it to your T. This gives you the 2 LS1 rail lines you need.

3. connect the v6 evap line to your LS1 evap solenoid.

4. simply cap the what's left of the v6 return line coming from the tank and abandon it.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

The 3800 cars don't have the T because the transition is made @ the rail instead.

The left over fuel simply dumps back into the tank through the return on the 3800 cars, it's open to the inside of the tank.

RED
    1998 Camaro

Cant wait for my return, seems like everyone has gone LS1 crazy most of the engines I was looking at are getting bought up. I am probably just getting anxious to get started on the build. I wanted to get some feed back if I have to go with a bare block would a LS1 stock crank and forged rods and pistons be a good direction to take with a set of heads cleaned up from a 98 vette or will it be to much of a transition to run with a 5.3 off of a truck, I am trying to keep it a budget build, Just have to be patient I guess.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Cant wait for my return, seems like everyone has gone LS1 crazy most of the engines I was looking at are getting bought up. I am probably just getting anxious to get started on the build. I wanted to get some feed back if I have to go with a bare block would a LS1 stock crank and forged rods and pistons be a good direction to take with a set of heads cleaned up from a 98 vette or will it be to much of a transition to run with a 5.3 off of a truck, I am trying to keep it a budget build, Just have to be patient I guess.
    The LS1 stock crank is good over 500-600 hp if I recall.

We have a member here putting up great numbers on all stock internals and a procharger, he's just over 500 to the road if I remember correctly.

As far as heads go, I am not familier with the various castings, but if you want, post up your question in the bolt-ons section you'll get an answer pretty quickly.

RED
    1998 Camaro

So I found a salvage yard with a bunch of 6.0 and 5.3 in stock so I a few options to pick from if I run a 6.0 will I have to change the oil pan and oil pick up? The motors they have in stock are 01-02 yr model engines is there a specific year bell housing that I will need to run on the 4L60E trans or will a stock V8 tranny setup off a camaro bolt up to this combo?

White
    2008 Hummer H3

So I found a salvage yard with a bunch of 6.0 and 5.3 in stock so I a few options to pick from if I run a 6.0 will I have to change the oil pan and oil pick up? The motors they have in stock are 01-02 yr model engines is there a specific year bell housing that I will need to run on the 4L60E trans or will a stock V8 tranny setup off a camaro bolt up to this combo?
    Here's a link featureing all the various oil pans GM uses.

It apears to me that the 6.0L oil pan is too deep and will need changed..

LS engine oil pans - all of them

White
    2008 Hummer H3

The 4l60e bell houseing will need to be an LS bell, the 3800, and 3.4L v6 uses the 60 degree v6 bell, and the small block chevy (LT1 style and back) bell is also different than the LS bells.
    Last edited by Smittro; 01-18-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

What junkyard? Crazy Rays?

RED
    1998 Camaro

The yard was Ripples Service, They have a few in stock they also have a 01 Corvette motor for 3200 but I dont have that kind of bread.
    Last edited by cade75; 01-19-2012 at 06:30 AM.

RED
    1998 Camaro

Any info on the oil pickup tube, from comparing the pans it looks like I would not have to change it but I am not sure.

RED
    1998 Camaro

Just a couple of weeks and the build starts!!!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Make sure to take (and post) lots of pics!

RED
    1998 Camaro

I will post them as soon as I start.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Ft. Meade and Laurel, I'm in Crofton. You guys are right around the corner from me. From what I remember guys wi LS1 cars used to swap in V6 springs for drag racing in the rears as they were softer or something. So I thought they were different..??

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Op, if you really want springs from a LSx powered car I believe I still have my stock springs left over from my Hotchkins upgrade that you can have. I'll check later tonight if they are still in my attic.

PM if you want.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Ft. Meade and Laurel, I'm in Crofton. You guys are right around the corner from me. From what I remember guys wi LS1 cars used to swap in V6 springs for drag racing in the rears as they were softer or something. So I thought they were different..??
    I've always told people to change them over to v8 springs, but the 3800 is a little heavier than the LS1.

I am also pretty sure there is some difference in rear springs also, but I believe they will work, the V6 cars just have different spring rates than the V8 cars... iirc.

I'd have to check load capacities, and GVW's between the two to be absolute on it..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

RED
    1998 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    $100 and it's yours.

Also, I just noticed you're on Ft. Meade, so you're right around the corner from me. If you need any help working on your car, just let me know.
    I wanted to ask if the drive shaft was still available I can pick it up on the 31st or feb 1 in the evening and how much for fuel lines you were going to get rid of, if not its cool I just wanted to ask.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information