Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Unhappy Well, there goes my thanksgiving...

So for the last couple months my family has been planning on visiting my grandparents/family for thanksgiving. My parents left yesterday (two days before thanksgiving) and expected me and my two brothers to meet them at my grandparents' house 600 miles away. It's normally a 10 hour drive, seeing as we have to deal with So. Cal. and Sacramento traffic on the way up. I wanted to leave at the same time with my parents, but I had a college math test today that I couldn't miss or I would fail the class and have to retake it again next semester. So me and my brothers and one of my brother's girlfriends ended up leaving at 2 PM, the day before thanksgiving. Traffic was a fucking nightmare. We went 10 MPH for 4 hours and were still on the 405 heading towards the 5, a drive that usually takes an hour. I called my friend who was driving to San Francisco ahead of us how the traffic was, and he said that it was just as bad, 3 hours ahead of us. My brother who was driving was pretty much having a nervous breakdown since we were driving our '05 2500 diesel Silverado had lost ALL it's oil pressure from 4 hours of idling, and was freaking out that his truck was going to get wrecked, and my other brother was bitching about not being able to sit in the back of the truck for another 20 hours. We did the math and it would've taken us until 5 AM to get to where my grandparent's house is, which would've made us miserable during the thanksgiving meal. I wanted to keep going, seeing as my grandpa has terminal cancer, and I haven't seen him in 3 years, but my grandparents told us to turn around and not to put ourselves through the drive, seeing as we would probably all kill each other on the ride up. So we turned around and I'm at home..... with no thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I was also supposed to meet a few newborn cousins that have been born in the last few years as well. I'm fucking depressed. Luckily all my friends are home from college and will keep me some company. We're currently getting drunk and killing nazis via Xbox. I think me and my brothers are going to go out for dinner tomorrow night together to kind of make up for the lack of a more traditional thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. Oh well. Sorry for the essay.
    Last edited by bluefields88; 11-27-2008 at 01:33 AM.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

That sucks bro, go get a good meal and some beer and take it easy tommorow. Im sleeping all day. All of my family lives within a 1/2 mile radius.

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

If you want to put things in perspective, seek out a local soup kitchen and serve food to the homeless.

Yes it really sucks when things go badly on Thanksgiving or any other day... I remember spending one Thanksgiving pumping out a barge loaded with mud to keep it from sinking and I was salaried so I did not get paid for the work... However my efforts allowed my crew to have their dinners with their families.

I was pretty bitter about it for awhile but late in the day a security guard showed up with a hot turkey sandwich on a paer plate and said he had noticed I had been working alone all day in the cold and wet and just wanted me to have something warm to eat.

My whole attitude changed because of a random act of kindness from a fellow whose name I didn't even know.

As much as the rituals and details of the day seem important, it is the concept of being thankful that makes this day my favorite holiday.

Our power came back on last night about 8:00pm after being off for thirty hours. I pumped out my basement most of the night, and got up at 5:00am to put the turkey in the oven. We are only having my wife's sister come over for dinner so there will be way too much food and too few people, but my wife reminded me this morning that is isn't really about the details of tradition as it is truly about being thankful for all that we have.

I hope your day improves and I have found that finding a way to help someone else always puts a smile on my face.
    2002 Street ET Champion New England Dragway
    1999 Street ET Champion Oxford Dragway
    My Blog is here: http://www.downtime.com

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Get a turkey, (WalMart is Open) oil, beer. Deep fry it 45min later. Thanksgiving on a college budget.

Look at it this way, you could be at work like me.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

I am heading to work in about 10 minutes myself. i feel your pain

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    I am heading to work in about 10 minutes myself. i feel your pain

Atleast their are a few cute women here today. Something to keep me occupied.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

KFC Thanksgiving FTW.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

sorry to hear that bud...

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    So for the last couple months my family has been planning on visiting my grandparents/family for thanksgiving. My parents left yesterday (two days before thanksgiving) and expected me and my two brothers to meet them at my grandparents' house 600 miles away. It's normally a 10 hour drive, seeing as we have to deal with So. Cal. and Sacramento traffic on the way up. I wanted to leave at the same time with my parents, but I had a college math test today that I couldn't miss or I would fail the class and have to retake it again next semester. So me and my brothers and one of my brother's girlfriends ended up leaving at 2 PM, the day before thanksgiving. Traffic was a fucking nightmare. We went 10 MPH for 4 hours and were still on the 405 heading towards the 5, a drive that usually takes an hour. I called my friend who was driving to San Francisco ahead of us how the traffic was, and he said that it was just as bad, 3 hours ahead of us. My brother who was driving was pretty much having a nervous breakdown since we were driving our '05 2500 diesel Silverado had lost ALL it's oil pressure from 4 hours of idling, and was freaking out that his truck was going to get wrecked, and my other brother was bitching about not being able to sit in the back of the truck for another 20 hours. We did the math and it would've taken us until 5 AM to get to where my grandparent's house is, which would've made us miserable during the thanksgiving meal. I wanted to keep going, seeing as my grandpa has terminal cancer, and I haven't seen him in 3 years, but my grandparents told us to turn around and not to put ourselves through the drive, seeing as we would probably all kill each other on the ride up. So we turned around and I'm at home..... with no thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I was also supposed to meet a few newborn cousins that have been born in the last few years as well. I'm fucking depressed. Luckily all my friends are home from college and will keep me some company. We're currently getting drunk and killing nazis via Xbox. I think me and my brothers are going to go out for dinner tomorrow night together to kind of make up for the lack of a more traditional thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. Oh well. Sorry for the essay.
    You're better off....even up until late evening traffic was a bitch up here in nor cal.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

i'm on duty today, but i get off eventually. I am going home to be by myself, on one of the most important days to me. No family or friends because they are all gone. So alone at home i will be. Depressing.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

You're alive, you have some family you can be with, you have a job.....what's wrong??

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

my day actually turned out pretty well. My best friend's family invited me over to eat some stuffing and turkey and all that stuff, and now me and my brothers/friends are meeting up at my brother's house for steak and beer.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Well, I have to work, I was alone all day, my pregnant GF wouldn't have sex with me, been over 2 weeks since I was laid. Last night 7 .308 mag shots were fired across the block from me (less then 100 ft) in a attempted drive by at work. Have no clue if the baby is going to be fine with her condition or if were going to have to get rid of it. My anxiety has been flairing up, I may have to get rid of my car and other toys. All my friends are out drinking and having fun, my GF is out with family, my family is nowhere in site. My brother killed himself around this time 8 years ago. YES I AM HAVING THE WORST THANKSGIVING OF MY LIFE. Prolly going to call the Dr. tomorrow and set up a appt to get on anti-depressants, not been having good thoughts running through my head all day, very depressed.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

heres a beer

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

at least you're not in Afghanistan or Iraq without your family, but i can understand where you're coming from, we've all been there

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    at least you're not in Afghanistan or Iraq without your family, but i can understand where you're coming from, we've all been there
    Thats semi true, was in Afghanistan during 2003 Thanksgiving as a MP, 293rd MP Company, 3rd ID. This Thanksgiving murders that one for worst ever. I also turned 21 over there and still not as bad.

383/372 CMS tuned
    2000 z28

i was in iraq last year so this year im just happy to spend my thanksgiving in the states even if its just me and my 6 month pregnant wife

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by jsteele90 View Post
    i was in iraq last year so this year im just happy to spend my thanksgiving in the states even if its just me and my 6 month pregnant wife
    Thank you for your service.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    i'm on duty today, but i get off eventually. I am going home to be by myself, on one of the most important days to me. No family or friends because they are all gone. So alone at home i will be. Depressing.
    I am sorry I didn't see this sooner. You could have came by and at least had some Turkey.

Thread Information