Thread: fuel tank

phantom black
    2006 GTO

fuel tank

i need some info on fuel tank removal on a 2006 GTO. the fuel lines under the is where i'm stuck.

Carousel Red
    2005 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by pocket rocket View Post
    i need some info on fuel tank removal on a 2006 GTO. the fuel lines under the is where i'm stuck.
    Not sure how you're making out with this, but when I did it I had to have my brother wiggling the tank out of the trunk while I was underneath making sure the lines went where they needed to go. Be VERY careful when unclipping the fuel line, it's a PITA and easy to break the clip part. I don't have much more info than that, hopefully it helps a little bit.

When putting it all back together you'll also need help so you don't pinch the fuel line while re-installing the fuel tank (threading the fuel line back down through the floor of the trunk).

S.

phantom black
    2006 GTO

f/tank

hey Scauffiel thanks buddy. I did call a friend to help with lifting the tank out and reinstalling it. I noticed that if lean the tank towards the the rear and down and sliding it at the same time one person could manage w/o damage to the lines. Why take a chance. Lifting it out is another thing. It is best to have four eyes on the job. The lines probably cost enough to hurt my poor ass.

Carousel Red
    2005 Pontiac GTO

Glad you got it worked out man; when I called about replacing those lines (because I broke the clip on the connector) I was told you couldn't replace them - they only came with/on the fuel tank.

S.
    Steve
    2005 Carousel Red Twin Turbo GTO
    Click for full size
    My Garage

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

those lines are a pain, best to have a freind help,there are fittings out there you can make a new supply line,(Russel makes then as well as aeromotive)those are crap from the get go,I always replace them on my turbo setup as i go to the return style setups.

Carousel Red
    2005 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    those lines are a pain, best to have a freind help,there are fittings out there you can make a new supply line,(Russel makes then as well as aeromotive)those are crap from the get go,I always replace them on my turbo setup as i go to the return style setups.
    I'd LOVE to see pix and get some part numbers from ya!

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by scauffiel View Post
    I'd LOVE to see pix and get some part numbers from ya!
    the Aeromotive part # 15118 its a -6an or 3/8 line will need 2 of these they will have a -6an female fitting on one end and the other pushes up on the bottom of the tank and the other will go to the fuel line(metal one from the car) feed line stock.I also know a place who sells these on ebay,by the pair of them cheaper then you can one of the Aeromotives.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Retro...cessories,this place has lots of neat shit for our cars and priced right!
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Carousel Red
    2005 Pontiac GTO

Excellent - I'm going to check it out and probably spend far too much money. Is there going to be a difference between the 04's and 05-06's? Or does it matter back there at the tank? It's my natural inclination to guess "no" but this IS GM we're talking about.... lol

Thread Information