Thread: need help

Drive it like its stolen gillahoon's Avatar

White
    1998 Trans Am

need help

98 firebird monsoon system, I want to put in my jvc cd deck, and change out the door and back 6.5 there all bother 4ohm. What do i need to hook up the deck, and should i just run new speaker wire for the 6.5 for my new deck. dont think i want to use the 4 wires in each door and back plane, should i go that way or use the amp that comes with the car, i been reading threads but i am still lost,

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

From what I have read if you use 4 ohm speakers with the factory monsoon you will lose a little bit of power. You could just hook up the new speakers. One set of wires is full range, one is either highs or lows. It is not that hard to run new wires. For the new headunit you will need a kit for the deck, a wire harness adaptor, and an antenna adaptor.

Drive it like its stolen gillahoon's Avatar

White
    1998 Trans Am

Is it worth useing the stock amp or just get rid of it, I know my jvc will have no problem pushing the 4 new 6.5s.

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

back 6.5s? those are 4" components my friend.also, if you use good speakers i have heard they are louder because even if the are 4 instead of 2 ohm, they are much more sensitive and efficient.

Thread Information