Thread: Zaino?

Black
    2005 GTO

Zaino?

Its been a long while since I have ordered any as a bottle last a long time with 1 car. I see they now have zcs clear seal and z-aio All in one. Not sure what to order now. I usually use pc fusion, z5, z2 with a couple coats each of z5 and z2. I'm kinda lost and or not sure if I should use either. The clear seal sounds good to use on top of z5 and z2 but the all in one seems like over kill if i'm going to use pc fusion. Anyone have any experience with these products?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

You are basically right, I would skip the Zaino PC and use the ZAIO in its place. The Zaino clear seal works well, but its not a substitute for Z2 or Z5.
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 04-28-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    You are basically right, I would skip the Zaino PC and use the ZAIO in its place. The Zaino clear seal works well, but its not a substitute for Z2 or Z5.
    Have you used the ZAIO? I know you've used the pc how do you like the ZAIO over the pc? I think Pc is more of what I need at the moment as it is more abrasive. I need to remove some imperfections in a few spots. ZAIO seems more like a regular basis type swirl/light scratch remover. Shoot I might just order both, I'll be dishing out some dough to zaino either way.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Have you used the ZAIO? I know you've used the pc how do you like the ZAIO over the pc? I think Pc is more of what I need at the moment as it is more abrasive. I need to remove some imperfections in a few spots. ZAIO seems more like a regular basis type swirl/light scratch remover. Shoot I might just order both, I'll be dishing out some dough to zaino either way.
    I have not personally used the ZAIO yet. I still have half a bottle of ZPC left. I will be getting ZAIO with my next order though. Goose has used it and really likes it though.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Its been a long while since I have ordered any as a bottle last a long time with 1 car. I see they now have zcs clear seal and z-aio All in one. Not sure what to order now. I usually use pc fusion, z5, z2 with a couple coats each of z5 and z2. I'm kinda lost and or not sure if I should use either. The clear seal sounds good to use on top of z5 and z2 but the all in one seems like over kill if i'm going to use pc fusion. Anyone have any experience with these products?
    This is the way 'I' would do it...
    In this order:

1- PC Fusion: It will eliminate minor swirls and blemishes, it is not a heavy compound type product per-se, but it will be useful if you have some issues to address.

2- ZAIO: This product will enhance your finish giving you a better DOI (Distinction of Image) and will lay down a good foundation for either the Z2 and/or the Z5. So you don't really have to use anything else to promote durability if you use ZAIO as a base; like the ZFX

3- Z2 and/or Z5: At this stage you can use either the Z2 or the Z5 or both as often Zaino users do

4- ZCS: This is a WOWA product (Wipe on-Walk away) just lay it down thin and let it dry, and you're done. No need to buff afterwards.

I have used all of these products at least twice at year. I have a customer that owns thses Zaino products and all I do is detail his car with it...

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I'll be getting ZAIO with my next Zaino purchase too. I wanna try it out on a few spots.

Black
    2005 GTO

I ended up passing on the Zaio but did get the zcs. Just was not to sure on it, although im sure its a good product just seems like an extra unnecessary step if im using pc,z5,z2 and zcs. Also ordered the glass polish, leather cleaner and leather in a bottle, which I have not used any of those three before but hear good things about so we will see.
    Last edited by JonB; 05-03-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

I ended up passing on the Zaio but did get the zcs. Just was not to sure on it, although im sure its a good product just seems like an extra unnecessary step if im using pc,z5,z2 and zcs. Also ordered the glass polish, leather cleaner and leather in a bottle, which I have not used any of those three before but hear good things about so we will see.
    It's a matter of preference, so going with what you believe is all good.

'I' still would've gotten the ZAIO and not ordered the Z2. The reason being, the Z5 is more suitable for darker colors, and the Z2 for lighter colors. At the end of the day, both are sealants and do the same thing.
    The ZAIO could yield a major benefit in that it would aid in the longevity of the Z5 or the Z2.
    That being said, Zaino should last longer than most products even without the ZAIO. So, no harm done...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I have never read or heard one bad comment about the Z9 or Z10, you will enjoy those.

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    It's a matter of preference, so going with what you believe is all good.

'I' still would've gotten the ZAIO and not ordered the Z2. The reason being, the Z5 is more suitable for darker colors, and the Z2 for lighter colors. At the end of the day, both are sealants and do the same thing.
    The ZAIO could yield a major benefit in that it would aid in the longevity of the Z5 or the Z2.
    That being said, Zaino should last longer than most products even without the ZAIO. So, no harm done...
    Won't the zcs on top of the z2,z5 help the longevity? I will probably eventually try the Zaio maybe I'll order it next time I order some soap.

Black
    2005 GTO

I have never read or heard one bad comment about the Z9 or Z10, you will enjoy those.
    Yeah I can't wait to try them. I've used a lot of the over the counter brands which do ok, but have heard rave reviews about these.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Won't the zcs on top of the z2,z5 help the longevity? I will probably eventually try the Zaio maybe I'll order it next time I order some soap.
    Yes, the ZCS will help with longevity.

Awaiting Activation superman4evr's Avatar

Red Jewell Tintcoat
    2008 Grand Prix GXP

I've been gone for awhile. But came here and saw the Zaino thread.
    I've used every product they have to offer. In my opinion, I would use a PC
    or Flex polisher to eliminate all swirls and fine scratches first before Zaino
    even touched it. Only reason I say that is because I'm not confident that it could eliminate swirls. Hide them? Yes. But I'm all about making them GONE. I used an orange pad and Meguiars 205. I then used 2 coats of Z5 with the fx accelerator. Then
    2 coats of Z2 with the FX.
    My results were beyond satisfaction. It lasted all fall and winter last year.

Awaiting Activation superman4evr's Avatar

Red Jewell Tintcoat
    2008 Grand Prix GXP

I'll also add that clear seal is not that great. If thats the kind of product
    you would like to try, I recommend Optimum Opti-Seal. That stuff
    is fantastic and easy to use.

Awaiting Activation

Blue
    2000 TA

ZPC is the best cleaning polish on the market hands down-no contest.
    ZAIO is great for a daily driven car but is less aggressive than ZPC.
    ZCS is a convenience product but has fairly good durability.
    Z2pro is a full fledged durable sealant.
    Z8 must have for that sex on wheels look.

Black
    2000 Firehawk.

All of the ZAINO products are Great!!! I have been using Zaino for at least 13 years, I have tried many other products, but keep coming back to the best.

Black
    2005 GTO

Got a chance to use these a week or so ago. Yum my seats smell so good, even after only using it once the seats feel much softer. Used the glass polish as well which worked awesome as well. I had a bunch of spots all over all my windows not sure from what(kinda looks like a bunch of dried up sap but its not), tried cleaning them off many times with no luck but the glass polish took 85% of them off with the first try. I will use it again soon to see if I can get the rest off.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Got a chance to use these a week or so ago. Yum my seats smell so good, even after only using it once the seats feel much softer. Used the glass polish as well which worked awesome as well. I had a bunch of spots all over all my windows not sure from what(kinda looks like a bunch of dried up sap but its not), tried cleaning them off many times with no luck but the glass polish took 85% of them off with the first try. I will use it again soon to see if I can get the rest off.
    Most Z9/Z10 users always praise the smell, myself included

The glass polish does work well. Its always cleaned all my glass on all my vehicles. My daily beater sets under a tree at work and gets a lot of crap on it, the glass polish always gets it off for me. Glad you are happy with your results

Thread Information