red
    1998 z28

2010 Chevy Camaro V6 LT vs 2010 Hyundai Genesis Co

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

very cool . . . both do seem like good bargains. the Hyundai doesnt do much for me aesthetically tho, but the interior is better than the camaros.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

the genesis coupe really is a nice little car. that rear port window is really an interesting new design feature that i haven't seen on any cars before. the front end is a little awkward as it looks like it's smiling or gaping at you and the fotlights are oddly placed. i do like the headlights however. brembo brakes are a nice touch.

interesting that hyundai's top line coupe compares to the bottom line camaro.

Black
    2022 SS Camaro

Kind of a wierd comparison if you ask me. Two totally different classes of cars. Now a G8 vs Genesis would make a better comparison to me.

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
    Kind of a wierd comparison if you ask me. Two totally different classes of cars. Now a G8 vs Genesis would make a better comparison to me.
    how is it a weird comparison??

both N/A / v6 / RWD / 2 door / 4 seat / 6speed cars for around the same money. Sounds like a dead on comparison to me.

Black
    2022 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    how is it a weird comparison??

both N/A / v6 / RWD / 2 door / 4 seat / 6speed cars for around the same money. Sounds like a dead on comparison to me.

Well for one the Hundai genesis is a luxury sedan that was designed to compete with the BMW, Mercedes E-Class, Infiniti M, and Lexus GS. How do you compare an entry level camaro with a luxury sedan? Secondly the camaro is not a 4 dr car and hardly has the same seating accomodation that the Genesis is going to have. They may both be v6, NA and rwd but so what, thats about were the similarities stop. On top of that your talking about a difference in price to the tune of 10 grand.
    Do you honestly beleive that a family guy with a wife and two kids are really gonna go test drive a hundai genesis and then say hey lets go look at a V6 camaro next? I doubt it.

Black
    02 Z28 M6

Hmmmm shiftronic mode.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 SLP SS Convertible

Well for one the Hundai genesis is a luxury sedan that was designed to compete with the BMW, Mercedes E-Class, Infiniti M, and Lexus GS. How do you compare an entry level camaro with a luxury sedan? Secondly the camaro is not a 4 dr car and hardly has the same seating accomodation that the Genesis is going to have. They may both be v6, NA and rwd but so what, thats about were the similarities stop. On top of that your talking about a difference in price to the tune of 10 grand.
    Do you honestly beleive that a family guy with a wife and two kids are really gonna go test drive a hundai genesis and then say hey lets go look at a V6 camaro next? I doubt it.
    nah you got it all wrong, I'm actually thankful to Hyundai for making it. It's the first step for tuners in growing up from rice to a real sports car. Sure there have been a few others such as supra, rx7 etc, but none are affordable for the tuner crowd. This car will help bridge the gap between riced out 4 banger FWD tuners to a RWD higher powered sports car.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

we're talking about the genesis COUPE here...not the sedan.

a pure numbers game the base 3.8L genesis coupe and the lt camaro are very similar so why not put them up against each other.

Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Hyundai...Koreans that want to be Japanese .... I would never touch a Korean car...*cough cough Kia cough cough*.....

NBM
    99 TA

how about you read the original post and maybe actually watch the video and you will see they are not talking about the sedan, its the genesis COUPE which is priced in comparison with the camaro

reading > you

Black
    2022 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    how about you read the original post and maybe actually watch the video and you will see they are not talking about the sedan, its the genesis COUPE which is priced in comparison with the camaro

reading > you

My mistake I missed the coupe, no need to be a dick.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by chaosinfinite View Post
    Hyundai...Koreans that want to be Japanese .... I would never touch a Korean car...*cough cough Kia cough cough*.....
    my thoughts exactly

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by chaosinfinite View Post
    I would take the 2.0turbo over the v6 genesis. Its a design copied after the evo ralliart engines. In korea the car has been out for almost 2 years and there are already custom turbo setups on it.

Thread Information