Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

My new rifle build.

Finished this one up last week. Well for the most part I have a VTAC sling and QD mounts on the way and it will probably get an Eotech soon, but other than that it should stay as is. Lower end is a Tactical Machining lower w/ CMT/Stag lower parts kit, Mapul MOE stock and trigger guard, milspec buffer tube, Magpul PMAG. Upper is a BCM 16" M4 upper with M16 bolt and carrier group, standard charging handle, Magpul MOE handguard and vertical grip and Magpul MBUS back up sight.

Black
    F250

How much did that cost you to build? Im actually getting ready to build an AR. I found somewhere local that had good prices on lowers which is nice for the registration part. But im trying to find now some good deals on the rest of the parts (and figuring out what all the rest of the parts are lol)

Midnight Blue
    2001 WS6 TRANS AM

Man that looks nice... My next ar is going to have the foregrip to...

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

As pictured it cost me like $850 total. I think I did pretty damn well. S&W actually markets a rifle now that looks exactly the same except the upper on my rifle is far better and the S&W is over $1000. As for the upper Bravo Company has a big sale going on for complete uppers. You won't touch their quality and specs for less money. Also Spikes Tacical make some great stuff at great prices, actually a bit cheaper than BCM, but most regard BCM a bit higher. BCM stuff is the real deal. Guys are using it in the sandbox every day.
    Last edited by yellowv; 08-09-2010 at 06:56 AM.

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Got the sling and mounts today.

blue
    83 mustang 347

SBR or you're a bitch! j/k

Nice looking rifle. I was pleasantly surprised with how light S&W has made their rifles that include the Magpul components

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ztrouble View Post
    SBR or you're a bitch! j/k

Nice looking rifle. I was pleasantly surprised with how light S&W has made their rifles that include the Magpul components
    Mines not an S&W, but the Magpul components are all very durable and are light weight. They really don't add an extra weight to the rifle. Actually for my next build I may do a SBR. It's only a $200 tax stamp.

Red
    '72 Chevy C10 SWB

Magpul stuff is awesome. Nice choice on the tan, gun looks great. Where'd you get the sling, and how much was it? Is that a VTAC? Need one for mine.

SBR stamp is pretty easy to get, the wait sucks tho, but it's all worth it in the end

blue
    83 mustang 347

Quote Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
    Mines not an S&W, but the Magpul components are all very durable and are light weight. They really don't add an extra weight to the rifle. Actually for my next build I may do a SBR. It's only a $200 tax stamp.
    i was mainly commenting on the light weight of the magpul stuff

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Yeah it's a VTAC. Got it from Bravo Company. It was $40. The mounts were the expensive part. They ran like $90. The Eotech is on the way. Should have it sometime next week.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Nice looking weapon! I know next to nothing about firearms, but I know that looks pretty badass.

For us weapon noobs, what's that port behind the firing chamber on the right side?

long and strong Willfully Armed's Avatar

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Nice looking weapon! I know next to nothing about firearms, but I know that looks pretty badass.

For us weapon noobs, what's that port behind the firing chamber on the right side?
    If you're referring to the bottom pic. That's the forward assist to the bolt. In case the bolt does not go into battery completely you hammer that button with your palm ant it ratchets the bolt closed.

The reason lots of us soldiers died using the first Gen of colt m16s during Vietnam. The bolt wouldn't go into battery and then they were fucked with a jammed gun and no way to defend themselves
    Last edited by Willfully Armed; 08-15-2010 at 08:16 AM.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Willfully Armed View Post
    If you're referring to the bottom pic. That's the forward assist to the bolt. In case the bolt does not go into battery completely you hammer that button with your palm ant it ratchets the bolt closed.

The reason lots of us soldiers died using the first Gen of colt m16s during Vietnam. The bolt wouldn't go into battery and then they were fucked with a jammed gun and no way to defend themselves
    That's what I meant, yes. Thanks for the info!

91RS 99Z28 11GT 86Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Willfully Armed View Post

First generations where very reliable. Due to removing of the chrome chamber and ball ammunition change by the Army is what caused the malfunctions. (Guess that would be considered a second gen. m16)

Correction was then to add the foward assist and rechrome the chamber and barrel.

I have never had an M16 fail. Not trying to say your wrong just adding info.

Op: Nice to see a quality build. BCM all the way.

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Finished it off today. Only other thing I could possibly add is a weapon light, but I don't know if I will or not.

Just got the Eotech EXPS2-0 in the mail today, Seems awesome. Can't wait to get to the range.

Last edited by yellowv; 08-18-2010 at 12:41 PM.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

love it basic m4 style except for different hand guards still has the bottom rail system on it(ours in iraq had it all the way around. I'm not to fond of the butt stock cause I am more for the extendable one. But over all I like your color scheme on it. Very nice weapon to have, but very hard to keep clean love it man looks good you have some good taste.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Look into getting a bipod foreward hand grip, helps with zero'in it in its a bit larger than the one you have but very handy.

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

The stock has six positions. It does extend.

Thread Information