Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Horrible Steering after bushing install

I hope some one out there as the easy answer, like all you need is a new front end alignment.

Well I finally got knew bushings on my car, front upper and lower control arm bushings. I went with rubber Moogs. In the course of this I had to replace an upper ball joint on one side.

Prior to this a few weeks back I had new upper and lower ball joints put end, and an alignment. The tie rod ends were done about a year and a half ago. I haven't had time to put the car back up and wiggle any of the wheels.

I didn't hear any noises, but then again I only stayed in the neighborhood at about 20 MPH.

The car felt real loose, and in the turns it felt like it wanted to flop over to one side and kind of stay there. It felt so horrible almost like the wheel would fall off.

I torqued all the bolts down one at a time. I would pick a bolt or nut and torque it for both sides, and then move on to the next one.

All the bolts that were touched are the upper and lower ball joint nuts, the upper and lower shock bolts and nuts, the outer tie rod end ball joint nut, the sway bar end links, and the caliber bolts.

Does any one have any idea what would cause the steering to be so sloppy? I have to take it in for an alignment, but is that all it will be? I won't be able to put the car up and wiggle wheels until tomorrow after work. So for now its all guessing.

Thanks

kool-aide

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

alignment should do it.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

yes thank you, it did.

I had no idea the alignment could make such a huge difference. It felt like I was riding on flat tires flopping all over the place. Anything above 25 MPH you could here the tires squeal. It was horrible.

The alignment brought everything in and tighten her up just right. I was seriously panicking this morning.

Thread Information