Comments on Electromotive Tec 3R

A friend on mine is looking into buying a Electromotive Tec3R stand alone ECU (it looks pretty bad ass). I was just curious if anyone else has used one before and what they thought of it.

www.electromotive-inc.com

grey
    tatum spider sandrail

I've been fighting the Tec3r for the past two months. I'm using it on a sandrail with an ls6 with all the nice inernal goodies and a single PT88 turbocharger. The Tec3r has been problematic, especially the crank trigger. The air idle adjustment is also trickey and the unit is supper sensative to any rf noise. The tech support is marginal. I've researched the topic on other forums and there is a lot of negative attitudes about the Tec3r. After wasting thousands of dollars on the dyno and replacing the starter (per tech's suggestion) with a tilton$$$ and tossing the meziere water pump$$ for stock replacement (tech suggestion) with no help to my problem, I'm ready to 86 the Tec3r and replace it with something else. Anyone tried the Fast XFI?

We do a bunch of stand alones. All the different name brands. We have an older electromotive in the shop now (tec3). Not real crazy about it. Not near as user friendly as FAST or DFI. Not to mention the price. Everything is sold separately so they cost significantly more when you add up everything it takes to make a complete 'kit'. For the difference in cost alone, I would go either FAST or DFI.

Thread Information