Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotors

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

Rotors

okay well my SS needs some new rotors and breaks.... I would like to have some drilled and sloted ones but haven't found any for SS at a good price... all would would be appreciated

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

thanks for that not a bad price.. but I'm looking for dirlled and slotted ones... and quick question.... if I find some rotors that are drilled and slotted for a C5 will it fit my SS?

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

okay well I have found some in a old magazine I have from Eckler's Camaro.. but only for the front??? just wondering why they don't have any for the rear in the magazine?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Drilled rotors will crack.
    Brembo doesn't recommend them (but will sell them).

I will be putting Brembo blanks on my car.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Brembo doesn't recommend them (but will sell them).

I will be putting Brembo blanks on my car.
    What the heck is a Brembo blank? A fake rotor?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    What the heck is a Brembo blank? A fake rotor?
    OEM replacement.

No drilling, no slots.
    High performance rotors that look like the stockers.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

OEM replacement.

No drilling, no slots.
    High performance rotors that look like the stockers.
    Oh, cool! What do they run?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Oh, cool! What do they run?
    Tirerack has them.
    I haven't ordered yet, but will price check the shit out of them.

$75 each rotor from what I have seen.

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

LPM
    2000 Camaro SS

Thumbs up

Thanks for the tip, guys.

My rotors were replaced under warranty at 35K miles. Now, at 62 K, I'm getting that vibration when I step on the brakes at high speed.

Hopefully, these will last longer than the factory units.

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Quote Originally Posted by najaf4life View Post
    okay well I have found some in a old magazine I have from Eckler's Camaro.. but only for the front??? just wondering why they don't have any for the rear in the magazine?

Rear C-5 rotors will not fit on a F-body without changing the whole parking brake assem. Do a search on C-5 conversion kit...
    Last edited by WARP211; 10-22-2008 at 08:47 AM.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

Well at least a little bit I am Well I am in need of some new brake rotors and brake pads... well I have been looking online for some rotors and found some I wanted.... well called the local shop to have order them for me (since they owe me some money because I returned the chip for my car) but any who... I was looking at this rotors... http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...ar=&perfCode=P wanted something nice but yet not to expensive well after work today I went and picked up my Brembo rotors... got home and wanted to look at them for the heck of it.. well the first box I opened (had two cause two in one box) and it was the front rotors.... WOW I didn't order this.. well went and opened the other box... same thing didn't order this either... grabbed my recipt and looked to make sure they didn't order something I didn't want and nope it says Replacement rotors well..... I got something a heck of alot better for the price of a replacement rotor... here is what I got.. http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...ar=&perfCode=S
    Now that is a big price difference

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by najaf4life View Post
    Well at least a little bit I am Well I am in need of some new brake rotors and brake pads... well I have been looking online for some rotors and found some I wanted.... well called the local shop to have order them for me (since they owe me some money because I returned the chip for my car) but any who... I was looking at this rotors... http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...ar=&perfCode=P wanted something nice but yet not to expensive well after work today I went and picked up my Brembo rotors... got home and wanted to look at them for the heck of it.. well the first box I opened (had two cause two in one box) and it was the front rotors.... WOW I didn't order this.. well went and opened the other box... same thing didn't order this either... grabbed my recipt and looked to make sure they didn't order something I didn't want and nope it says Replacement rotors well..... I got something a heck of alot better for the price of a replacement rotor... here is what I got.. http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...ar=&perfCode=S
    Now that is a big price difference
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Hell yes that's a big price difference-you just got some Brembos that cost about $560 more than the cost of the Brembo blanks!

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

yeah I'm really excited that I got them.... can't wait to get these bad boys put on....

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

If I were you though, I'd sell those & get the Brembo blanks, leaving you some extra cash in your pocket.....the blanks will hold up MUCH better than those drilled Brembos! Plus, Brembo & TireRack both make a point to say NOT to use drilled rotors on the street if you have race compound brake pads. And if you plan on going to the track, forget about those drilled rotors (disclaimer from Brembo/TireRack):

"IMPORTANT REMINDER: Slotted, drilled or dimpled rotors offered as OEM replacements should not be considered appropriate for high-speed track use.

While grooved, drilled and slotted rotors offer an enhanced appearance and add some resistance to the boundary layer of gasses that can build up between the pad and rotor, they are not designed to withstand the extreme temperatures that are produced on the racetrack. If they are used on the track, it is very important that the rotors be carefully inspected and should not be driven on if even minor signs of deterioration are seen. Note, too, that if any products are used on the track they are not warrantable."

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

those brembos you got only cost 210-220 for a pair. And you should have nothing to worry about damage to the rotors. They should be fine for the street use, and unless you are auto crossin I wouldn't worry about cracking the rotors.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by jujofields View Post
    If I were you though, I'd sell those & get the Brembo blanks, leaving you some extra cash in your pocket.....the blanks will hold up MUCH better than those drilled Brembos! Plus, Brembo & TireRack both make a point to say NOT to use drilled rotors on the street if you have race compound brake pads. And if you plan on going to the track, forget about those drilled rotors (disclaimer from Brembo/TireRack):

"IMPORTANT REMINDER: Slotted, drilled or dimpled rotors offered as OEM replacements should not be considered appropriate for high-speed track use.

While grooved, drilled and slotted rotors offer an enhanced appearance and add some resistance to the boundary layer of gasses that can build up between the pad and rotor, they are not designed to withstand the extreme temperatures that are produced on the racetrack. If they are used on the track, it is very important that the rotors be carefully inspected and should not be driven on if even minor signs of deterioration are seen. Note, too, that if any products are used on the track they are not warrantable."

Sell them, make a profit. Or do the right thing, and contact whomever you ordered them from.

From Brembo...not exactly their words....
    Brembo's drilled rotors come with specific warnings about not being for racing applications. Basically, they are for looks on the street only. They will crack at the holes and fail under hard use. If Brembo's will do this, what do you think ebay cheapies will do? If you want good rotors that actually can handle some abuse and look a bit better, get the Brembo slotted and coated rotors. They aren't cheap, but like you said, you get what you pay for. Tire rack sells them for a decent price.

black
    2000 camaro ss

i bought the 169$ drilled and sloted ones from the ws6 store and i hate em. they make all kinds of noise and i think they are warped allready with only a few thousand miles on them. i also added hawk brake pads but i swear the stock brakes worked better.

SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

Thumbs down

HOGWASH!!!!, maybe CHEAP drilled rotors will, for the price you guys are quoteing, that's what you are getting.

I have Baer Eradespeed (sp) rotors (drilled and slotted) both front and rear, and I have had no problems with them whatsoever, I paid $735 at the time and they came with sets of Hawk HPS pads.

SteveC

Thread Information