Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Who's Terminated the Terminator (part 2)?

I love the old thread with the same name, but they closed it down on us, so I am opening a new one and we will try to stay on topic this time. The topic being a kill story about me beating a 02 LS1 SS Camaro with full exhaust (no cats) and a head/cam package and a tune and some new 275'40 17s MT DRs on the back. And I think he said he had gears, Honestly dont remeber, but He seemed to be shifting more often than me.

I just got my car broke in from a new Spec 3+ clutch install, anyway, I watched this SS (which sounds so good when it drives by) beat the hell out of a C6, a 00 Ram Air, a 02ish ZO6 and a new Stage 3 Roush. So I was a little hesitent to try him. My new clutch is a bit differant than my old one. So I didnt go and try to find him. Was I scarred? Maybe a little bit, because I have yet to lose a race in the Cobra.

Anyway he finally cought up to me on the road and reved it up. It sounds like he is running open headers, I mean my car sounds like a V6 next to it.
    He is running one passenger and I had 0 in my car, so I try him from a 30 roll, me in 2nd gear, I was even with him, then he missed a shift and I flew by. Then we catch a light. He tells me he wants to do a race from a dig, I accept. I get a great (Lucky) launch ( I also just got new 285/40 Kuhmos in the back, which hook up well) and stay with him in 1st and then I pull a little in 2nd, by end of third, I had only 1 car on him. I started pulling pretty good in fourth, and he shut it down around 125 or so.

I spoke with him and told him, all my friends thought his car would beat me. Thats when he told me what it had done to it. He told me he revs his car up to 4-5 grand and launches on these Mickey T DRs and he barely spins. To look at these MTs, they look alot wider than 275. Anyway he was a great guy and the closest race Ive had to date. If he didnt have the passenger it might have been a diffrant story.

So far I am still undefeated, except for a crotch rocket that pulled on me at 120 mph.

Anyone else have some good Terminator stories, or comments.

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

Both cars sound badass. I always enjoy the close races more than the blowouts. It is also a comfot knowing you won a race that some people thought you might have trouble with. I am 2 wins 1 loss vs the termi's. I am not really a mustang guy, but I do get that butterfly feeling whenever I see one. That must mean more horses are going to be in my future. LOL

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

in the end...the Moral of the story is... Stay away from Crotch Rockets...cause they are Hella Fast... LOL

I wish you would've video taped it!... would be really sweet to see that race...the Camaro so loud that it drowns out the Mic...and all... hehe!

I'm Le Stock...so... ....

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    in the end...the Moral of the story is... Stay away from Crotch Rockets...cause they are Hella Fast... LOL
    I wish you would've video taped it!... would be really sweet to see that race...the Camaro so loud that it drowns out the Mic...and all... hehe!

I'm Le Stock...so... ....
    MMMMMIve taught a few lessons, from time to time.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

my first termi kill, and it happened on sat near westfield on rt22. After we raced he follwed me into the gas station, and he got a nice long look of wuts under my hood. Cool kid, amazing car.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

story will come tommorow, im tired and gonna go to sleeeeeppp

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    BOOO!!!

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    Well its tomorrow, let's hear it??????????????

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Well I'm picking mine up from the tuners either today or tomorrow and I will be looking for them now . Got a friend of my brother's who has one but no telling when he will actually give it a go.
    My Toy 00 Z28 1SC A4 - MS3 cam with supporting valvetrain, Milled LS6 heads, LS7 lifters, , ARP rod and mains, All free mods, pacesetters, True duals, moser 9 with 4.11's and Detroit Locker, Vig 3600 tuned, tubular SFC,adj PHR, LCA, adj TA, PHR reloc, LCA reloc. all with poly bushings, ZR1's and Nitto DR's (315).

My other toy 05 GTO LS2 M6- Comp XR269HR cam, 918's, hardened pushrods, Dart Pro 1's, pacesetters, X-pipe, flowmaster 1 chambers, TSP oil pump, Tick master cylinder. Pedders RR bushings, end links, SB bushings, tie rods and strut mounts, total performance poly F&R bushings. Polk DVC 12", Infinity Kappa 6.5 component and 6x9's with corresponding amps.

Her toy 77 F100-6.6/c6. All original (for now)

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    Well its tomorrow, let's hear it??????????????
    Here it is..

Im on rt22 near the westfield area and as im pulling up at a red light theres a black stang in my left, he was the first car in the lane and so was I. I thought it was a V6 or a gt but noticed it didnt have a rear spoiler, and as i came closer i noticed "COBRA" on the rear bumper and what looked like a fucking 315 rear tire. Now i knew what i was up against and knew it was a terminator. I sat there for a few sec, trying to get a look at the driver (he had very very dark tints) and i guess he saw me and started reving up. I hold the revs at 4K and we both take off. It was even in 1st but when i hit 2nd he faded back half a car or so, then when he reved up u could hear that loud distinctive scream that sounded like a fire engine. This kept happening untill 4th, so the kid obviously couldnt drive. I put around a car or so on him, but im sure if he knew how to drive, he wood be right beside me if not kill me. Cool kid, we pulled over at a gas station and talked for a bit. After he saw wut was under my hood, he poped his and the first thing i noticed was the S/C cover taken off. As i looked closer i noticed a nice shiny billetflow pulley, catback and intake. He said he didnt dyno or track it yet, but if he couldnt shift and was keeping up with a 12sec LS1, picture what slicks, a tune and a good driver could do?

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Nice kill, its harder than one might think to drive a car with alot of horsepower. Once a car has more than 300 rwhp it becomes quite the challege. With great power comes great responsibility or something like that.

C6 H/C/N20

My brother in law had his 98 Z28 A4 /cam/LT's and bolt ons (ASP, SFC's, LID etc) and we were driving to pick up my car 99SS H/C full bolt on w/100 shot (121mph traps w/o nos) and we ran across a modded Yellow 2003 Cobra w/4 people in it. We drilled him off the line and then I heard this scream and he flew past us and scared the crap out of me. He put and easy 4 cars on us like we were not racing. Thats one reason I sold him my SS and bought a my Cobra.

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

I got spanked by a Sonic blue 03 Cobra in my 99 TA. He beat me like I was driving backwards, so I bought a Cobra myself, but I almost bought a Vette instead. Still thinking of getting one.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    I got spanked by a Sonic blue 03 Cobra in my 99 TA. He beat me like I was driving backwards, so I bought a Cobra myself, but I almost bought a Vette instead. Still thinking of getting one.
    I think im gonna hold onto the Cobra for a bit longer and then get a C6 Z06 (w/ some sort of FI) and listen to my wife bitch about the seating. Screw back seats, Id rather be alone!

Thread Information