Thread: Red Dawn Remake

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Red Dawn Remake

Discuss.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234719/synopsis

I was a big fan of the original. I grew up with Ronald Reagan going on TV with charts and pointing at the number of missiles the "evil empire" had, and why we needed funding for the MX Missile System and later, Star Wars. Everyone thought at that time that the Soviets would someday, given the chance, try to invade.

I'm not sure this one could be as believable as the first one. An unexpected Chinese invasion would need a little more backdrop/explanation.

Any how, I believe this discussion belongs here. My first gun, a Ruger 10/22, was purchased shortly after I watched the original. I was a teenager at the time. Since then, I've seen the show about 6 times. The ending, where they reflect and show the victory monument built around the rock that the names are written on, is my favorite part.

They say Japan never tried to invade California during the opening of WW II because they knew we had an armed civilian population, and that it would be problematic for them.

The original Red Dawn is a testament to that, and our will to fight and never surrender if we are attacked on our home soil. I'm looking forward to this film, although I don't think it will be as popular this time around.

My personal opinion is that American civilians have access to better equipment, training, and support groups than the typical global citizen, and that indeed, our underground militia tactics would be quite effective against any type of foreign invader.

We would make roadside bombs, and suicide bombers look like child's play compared to the hell we would be able to devise as a resistance. Aside from already having the world's greatest military, I think we would also offer up the world's nastiest resistance, were we to ever be invaded.

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

Read Patriots: a Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse. I think that's a more likely scenario.

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Quote Originally Posted by Tobynine9 View Post
    Read Patriots: a Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse. I think that's a more likely scenario.
    Probably.

What I was saying though about foreign occupation (some folks think the United Nations will try to occupy America at some point), is that Americans, to be blunt, are more intelligent, ruthless, and stockpiled than the typical Iraqi, or Afghani.

Here in our own nation, we have had a white-supremacist organization blow up an entire government building with a fertilizer bomb (OKC bombing). We had a compound full of religious nuts in Waco defeat an ATF raid and hold the compound for weeks against the U.S. government.

And these are just a couple fringe cases. IF all the American survivalist mindset were to have a united goal of kicking out a foreign occupier, I'm just saying we would bring devastation to said occupier in ways not seen anywhere else in the global spectrum.

Red Dawn is just a fantasy. But it is backed by the fact that we could not be successfully occupied by 200 million Chinese soldiers, or anyone else.

And I'm looking forward to this flick.

--

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Remakes seem to keep coming out and keep sucking, on a side note I think any zombie movie is complete bullshit if it is set in the US. The gun owning population would completely own any zombies in the US. Jus sayin lol

dirty aka white
    2000 Z

+1

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

Hate to say this but - sorta a Repost

I post some months back about them making the remake of Red Dawn.

I think a "Jericho" (the CBS show that was canceled) scenario would be more believable/realistic.

Not a country music fan, but Hank, jr kicks ass!
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4s0nzsU1Wg[/ame]
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 01-29-2010 at 01:26 PM.

Thread Information