green, colorful
    93 SHO, 89 363ci stang

here's my mustang...

...so i built this car in about 6 or 7 months. it is a 1989 mustang lx 4cyl with a t-5 behind it. anywho, we took that engine out...i mean, come on, who keeps a 4 cylinder in a mustang?!?!? lol so that got yanked. and i decided to put a 351w in it. so i built the engine up. it's an 85 block, we had it bored 60 over, kb 11:1 pistons, tfs twisted wedge stage 3 heads(complete valve job-5angle), edelbrock rpm air gap intake, comp cams 518/518, 292/292 cam, comp cam hydraulic lifters, crane 1.6rr's, holley 750, msd 6al ignition, blaster coil, and pro-billet distributor, mac 351w-fox swap shorties, pypes o/r x-pipe, mac 2.5 all the way back, march u/d pulleys, 100amp alternator, ford racing 8.8 plug wires. backed up by a t-5(for now) with a hurst short shifter then on the interior, i got a 3 pod pillar, with autometer volt, oil pres, and water temp guages. i also got a summit 2 3/4" tach with shift light. exterior- i had to get a 2.5" cowl hood. but for my grad present i got cobra r wheels wrapped in dunlops, 17x8 in the front 17x9 in the back. suspension is still 4 cyl in the front, i upgraded the rear control arms to granatelly adjustables. and i have a suspension techniques rear sway bar. the engine makes 349hp and 384tq at the rear wheels.
    sorry for the long post lol

btw anyone want a 4cyl boat anchor? lol

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

We got a 4-cyl mustang but it got a snail on it!! Thats a nice car though!!!!

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Friggin sweet dude. With that much power in that car it must be a blast to drive. Post up when you get some 1/4 times, it should pull some nice numbers

red
    '90 5.0 LX

Nice setup dude, that thing should run really strong. Now all it needs is a little 200+ shot.

green, colorful
    93 SHO, 89 363ci stang

Quote Originally Posted by meanlx View Post
    Nice setup dude, that thing should run really strong. Now all it needs is a little 200+ shot.
    i'm thinkin more along the lines of 100shot lol. the guy that dynoed it said that with how it's set up he would reccomend not goin over 100, unless i wanted to rebuild lol. but my parents wont let me put that on until i turn 21(i'm 17 now), they won't sign the car over to me until then, so if i get into some trouble with it they can take it away from me lol.

red
    '90 5.0 LX

Quote Originally Posted by sit_back View Post
    i'm thinkin more along the lines of 100shot lol. the guy that dynoed it said that with how it's set up he would reccomend not goin over 100, unless i wanted to rebuild lol. but my parents wont let me put that on until i turn 21(i'm 17 now), they won't sign the car over to me until then, so if i get into some trouble with it they can take it away from me lol.
    100? No way, I know lots of guys running up to 150 on a basically stock 302 w/ stock pistons/rods and they're motors are running strong. With your setup, I think you could easily do 200. Just my .02.

green, colorful
    93 SHO, 89 363ci stang

Quote Originally Posted by meanlx View Post
    100? No way, I know lots of guys running up to 150 on a basically stock 302 w/ stock pistons/rods and they're motors are running strong. With your setup, I think you could easily do 200. Just my .02.
    well then! something else to think about for the next 4 years! lol i thin kthe most i would go with is 125 tho. otherwise, i wouldn't hook at all lol.

red
    '90 5.0 LX

With the right suspension setup and either soft DRs (MT ET Streets) or slicks you'd be alright, trust me.

green, colorful
    93 SHO, 89 363ci stang

new pics...

here's a vid. i let off at about 12 seconds i think it was. i looked down and saw it wrapped up. i'm guessin around 110 to 115. i'm thinkin it'll pull a high 12/ low 13.
    http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...Picture068.flv

goin to edgewater in 2 fridays, gotta replace my windshield, due to a rock lol.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Why not go with long tubes?
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, Strano Springs, Koni Sport Shocks, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD wires,, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT - 303 RWHP and 308 RWTQ

nightstalker50
    the Hp seems a little low with that combo also the cam is a little on the small side but other than that nice build

green, colorful
    93 SHO, 89 363ci stang

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1 View Post
    Why not go with long tubes?
    need special headers for clearance with the 351w swap in a fox. too much money for long tubes for me
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalker50 View Post
    the Hp seems a little low with that combo also the cam is a little on the small side but other than that nice build
    seems good to me...although this is my first build. the guy that dynoed it said that this is one of the better set-ups he has done in a while like this. he said it was one of the better numbers too. i don't race it much. so i went with a smaller cam. i think i would like a bigger one, but i'm not about to take it all apart again

nightstalker50
    Quote Originally Posted by sit_back View Post
    need special headers for clearance with the 351w swap in a fox. too much money for long tubes for me

seems good to me...although this is my first build. the guy that dynoed it said that this is one of the better set-ups he has done in a while like this. he said it was one of the better numbers too. i don't race it much. so i went with a smaller cam. i think i would like a bigger one, but i'm not about to take it all apart again
    my brother had a combo close to yours 351 10.1 comp box stock tfs tw heads and a custom cam and out down 387 rwhp@ 5700rpm his is fuel injected though which would make a little less hp than a carb car .He has a 347 stroker N/A with the same heads and intake from the 351 and is running
    4ths faster in the 1/8 mile

green, colorful
    93 SHO, 89 363ci stang

well huh lol. i'll have to get mines better then, eh? haha

but first! me and my dad will be building a 429 up to a 521 stroker lol and throwin it in a 70 mach1 hehe should be a good one

nightstalker50
    70 MAch =

green, colorful
    93 SHO, 89 363ci stang

70 MAch =
    my dad's mach...

nightstalker50
    a guy that lives down the road from me has a 70 Mach sitting in his back yard he is the orginal owner and the car still has factory paint no rust never been wrecked . I have been trying to buy that car for the last 5-6 years he will not get rid... which i think is fucked up because he aint going do anything with it but let it sit there

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Clean Mach!!! That looks like my stepdads SVO on side of it except his is white with green stripes!!

green, colorful
    93 SHO, 89 363ci stang

a guy that lives down the road from me has a 70 Mach sitting in his back yard he is the orginal owner and the car still has factory paint no rust never been wrecked . I have been trying to buy that car for the last 5-6 years he will not get rid... which i think is fucked up because he aint going do anything with it but let it sit there
    that kinda stuff drives my dad crazy! lol

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    Clean Mach!!! That looks like my stepdads SVO on side of it except his is white with green stripes!!
    he takes really good care of it. he's wantin to sell it though. me and him raced a week ago. he didn't like the results lol. so now he's wantin to sell it and use the money on the 521 project. and we have another mach in our garage that needs restored, so that's the one we'll use for that

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Sweet!! He should prolly get alot for a well maintained car like that!!

Thread Information