SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    did they forget about the GTO?
    my thoughts exactly

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

The chicks dig the V6. That is all.
    Last edited by SiggyZ; 03-17-2008 at 08:07 AM.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

There is some crazy shit going on in this thread, How can anyone compare a GT mustang to a GTO or anything else that COSTS MORE. And don't compare a new car to a used car.

A mustang is not bad and I don't see how any real car enthusiast can talk down about one. its AMERICAN and its a V8 that drives the rear wheels. thats good enough for me

And the only reason the Camaro is being brought back is because the mustang sold and kept the fucking pony car market ALIVE! face the facts, love it or hate... the Mustang did us all a favor

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzed View Post
    There is some crazy shit going on in this thread, How can anyone compare a GT mustang to a GTO or anything else that COSTS MORE. And don't compare a new car to a used car.

A mustang is not bad and I don't see how any real car enthusiast can talk down about one. its AMERICAN and its a V8 that drives the rear wheels. thats good enough for me

And the only reason the Camaro is being brought back is because the mustang sold and kept the fucking pony car market ALIVE! face the facts, love it or hate... the Mustang did us all a favor
    I agree

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzed View Post

agreed. i used to hate mustangs just because it was the f-body's competitor but all in all the pony car market would be dead without the mustang. even when the fbods were around it was the mustang that sold the most, helping to keep the growing sport compacts sales down a lil bit, and kept the interest. they aren't bad cars, slower but they didnt carry as bad a price tag as the fbods did either. dont get me wrong tho, i love the maro's and birds but they werent built as sturdy as mustangs and people recognized that. i love the cobras and gt500's, and even the 05 and up gt's are growing on me more and more when i really look at their potential. gm couldve done a better job at keeping the fbods around but failed to market or offer better overall quality cars. great drivetrains but fell short in too many other areas of the vehicle. the sport compact market, i still dont get the fad or interest. they can be made fast but they lack the cool factor and true fun factor and cost way too much to make fast for the most part. i've even thought about a fox body project in the future and i never thought i'd consider that.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by bandit95 View Post
    agreed. i used to hate mustangs just because it was the f-body's competitor but all in all the pony car market would be dead without the mustang. even when the fbods were around it was the mustang that sold the most, helping to keep the growing sport compacts sales down a lil bit, and kept the interest. they aren't bad cars, slower but they didnt carry as bad a price tag as the fbods did either. dont get me wrong tho, i love the maro's and birds but they werent built as sturdy as mustangs and people recognized that. i love the cobras and gt500's, and even the 05 and up gt's are growing on me more and more when i really look at their potential. gm couldve done a better job at keeping the fbods around but failed to market or offer better overall quality cars. great drivetrains but fell short in too many other areas of the vehicle. the sport compact market, i still dont get the fad or interest. they can be made fast but they lack the cool factor and true fun factor and cost way too much to make fast for the most part. i've even thought about a fox body project in the future and i never thought i'd consider that.

Exactly, I couldnt of said that better myself. Yea mustangs are a little slower stock but they were a much better studier car. GM failed on that part but hopefully they learned from their mistakes. We shall see soon.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information