Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I'm not even gonna go another round with this one...

It's useless.

Go Canada

But, please do show us the respect of letting us grieve for our losses any way we seem fit without telling us to get used to it.

In other words Project, Next year when there is another thread showing respect for the terrorism suffered in this country ... please just keep your negative opinions to yourself.

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post

It's useless.

Go Canada

But, please do show us the respect of letting us grieve for our losses any way we seem fit without telling us to get used to it.

In other words Project, Next year when there is another thread showing respect for the terrorism suffered in this country ... please just keep your negative opinions to yourself.
    Very well put.

Gearhead

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

It's useless.

Go Canada

Here's an American opinion, then:

Leave the grieving to those who had family in the buildings and move on. Stop "media-cizing" something terrible and focus on what's to be happy for in life. How many times have we had planes go down? How many buildings have we watched get destroyed? How many past monstrosities have been dealt by the dishonorable and weak? But we don't make a media frenzy over those. We don't get out the ol' flag every time we remember the Oklahoma bombing, or Columbine, or any other awful event. We respect it, keep it to ourselves, and keep looking to better days.

/opinion

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Szalkerous View Post

Leave the grieving to those who had family in the buildings and move on. Stop "media-cizing" something terrible and focus on what's to be happy for in life. How many times have we had planes go down? How many buildings have we watched get destroyed? How many past monstrosities have been dealt by the dishonorable and weak? But we don't make a media frenzy over those. We don't get out the ol' flag every time we remember the Oklahoma bombing, or Columbine, or any other awful event. We respect it, keep it to ourselves, and keep looking to better days.

/opinion
    Thats you opinion, but since this is about 9/11, lets just keep it at that. Which means if you dont like talking about it, or grieving about it, then just dont even post in a thread like this. In fact, dont even open it.

This thread has gone from remembering 9/11 to people just bitching about it. Thanks to the few of you for ruining what this thread is about.
    Last edited by Y2K_CAMARO; 09-16-2008 at 04:30 PM.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

/opinion
    Are you kidding me?

First off, how do you know who has and whom has not lost someone due to the 9/11 attacks on this country, and how dare you tell us how we should grieve or remember the loss!

I don't know about you, but all those other monstrosities as you put it, still very much matter as well. To many, many people. Trust me, none of the people who have lost loved ones in any other attacks or incidents will get over it.

It's just those that were not directly affected who are 'over it' and moved on.

But at the same time, somehow, 9/11 was different and on a much larger scale!!! This was an attack on our country. On all of us. Every single one of us!

This was an act of War on our country. And, it ain't over yet my friend. We should never forget 9/11 or put it behind us. It would make us weak to do so.

Just my opinion...

Yellow
    2002 CETA

Are you kidding me?

First off, how do you know who has and whom has not lost someone due to the 9/11 attacks on this country, and how dare you tell us how we should grieve or remember the loss!

I don't know about you, but all those other monstrosities as you put it, still very much matter as well. To many, many people. Trust me, none of the people who have lost loved ones in any other attacks or incidents will get over it.

It's just those that were not directly affected who are 'over it' and moved on.

But at the same time, somehow, 9/11 was different and on a much larger scale!!! This was an attack on our country. On all of us. Every single one of us!

This was an act of War on our country. And, it ain't over yet my friend. We should never forget 9/11 or put it behind us. It would make us weak to do so.

Just my opinion...

Exactly my opinion as well. While Columbine and OK city were terrible events that should be remembered and learned from, they weren't attacks on America by outside entities. That's why we get Patriotic, wave flags, and cruise to remember those that sacrificed their lives. It could have easily been you or one of your loved ones and then I guarantee that you wouldn't be so nonchalant. I'll go every year, video tape it, and post it. You should choose not to open the thread if you're not interested...
    Last edited by DKITCHEN; 09-16-2008 at 07:53 PM.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i hate seeing these threads turn into flame / politic wars, such a bad taste considering what we are trying to commemorate here, and im not pointing fingers, just saying

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

^^^ I agree

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

/opinion
    I guess you dont live in Oklahoma? I do and every year the OKC bombing is honored. As a human I choose to honor all that have died for our freedom. As a human I honor thoose from all wars 1812,Civil,WWI,WWII,Korea,Vietnam,DS/DS,OEF,IF. I have a great day on the days honored. I doubt people sit in fear and cant MOVE forward on these days. We just choose to honor thoose fallen.

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    We just choose to honor those fallen.
    I wish everyone could see it like that, but some people just dont get it

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Those who ignore history and doomed to repeat it.

That's the biggest problem in America in my opinion. Too many of us just worry about our personal interest and ignore events that don't target them as an individual. The problem is, YOU could be next. When that happens, it's too late to start caring, and it's up to others to give a damn. These terrorists know that, and until Americans rally into the UNITED States, they have a weakness to exploit.

I'll never forget 9/11. Period.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    Those who ignore history and doomed to repeat it.

That's the biggest problem in America in my opinion. Too many of us just worry about our personal interest and ignore events that don't target them as an individual. The problem is, YOU could be next. When that happens, it's too late to start caring, and it's up to others to give a damn. These terrorists know that, and until Americans rally into the UNITED States, they have a weakness to exploit.

I'll never forget 9/11. Period.
    well put to many people have no use for history these days, and its sad.

I know I will never forget...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information