Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

white
    2002 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aide View Post

sorry, but i am still giggling over that gas discharge you had. Scary, but I'm just a giggler by nature, gets me in all sorts of trouble too.
    LMAO! At least we can entertain each other! I can't wait to exchange 4th of July stories. Maybe I'll stay away from the fireworks this year. Don't blow your hand off!

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

lol...they don't let me buy the good stuff. As a kid I "accidently" caught one of those big metal trash dumpsters on fire with fire crackers, oops.

It was full of trash. It got so hot it warped the dumpster, lol...

white
    2002 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aide View Post
    lol...they don't let me buy the good stuff. As a kid I "accidently" caught one of those big metal trash dumpsters on fire with fire crackers, oops.

It was full of trash. It got so hot it warped the dumpster, lol...
    LMAO!!!

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

the link on the first page no worky.........I need the info asap.

Thanks

heres a guide for the front.

http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=6

heres a guide to the rear

http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=8
    Last edited by 2MuchFun; 09-10-2008 at 12:48 PM.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

very nice how toos, but do they include shooting parts out of the garage? Blasting your face of with pressurized gas? Or how about a 36 hour marathon of swearing it is impossible?

seriously though, nice links, thanks. I got to enjoy my shocks one more time over the holiday, replacing control arm bushings. I can honestly say I am loving every penny i spent on them, lol....

white
    2002 B4C

Here we go again! LOL!

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

oh yeah, one busted ball joint and enough swearing to make a sailor plug his ears, lol... although i am disappointed, not shooting parts, but I had to squeeze the car into the car because this was not a few hour fix, lol...

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

luckily my upper ball joint popped apart easily......I got both front shocks installed and new front brakes today.......just gotta do the back now

white
    2002 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by 2MuchFun View Post
    luckily my upper ball joint popped apart easily......I got both front shocks installed and new front brakes today.......just gotta do the back now
    Back shocks are easy. Maybe 1/2 hour if you drink a few beers in between.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by TedsB4Csled View Post
    Back shocks are easy. Maybe 1/2 hour if you drink a few beers in between.
    sounds about right, .

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Convertible Rear Upper Shock Nuts

This is a great thread, does anyone know how to get to the rear upper shock nuts for my convertible?
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Thats a pretty good write up, very impressive.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Thanks much everyone!

I finally got P.O.'d and did it myself. It took me four days, but I got it done.

Thanks to everyone.

Wish kids today had the interest in doing things themselves that we all grew up with. I know some do, and that is great for our hobby and keeping it alive.

JC

Silver
    98 Camaro convert. M6

what is a isolater !!!

i'm trying to replace the front struts on my 98 Z-28 convert and the prior own was a hack not a normal but totally moronic mess . This guy left so many parts out of the front suspentionn that i had to go to Chevy to look up what was missing.
    The Question is were and if theres this triangle rubber isolator .
    In chevy parts they have it between the upper inside of spring and the upper spring seat i cannot figure out how this can Be!! Thers no room.

Also do you guys get alot of rust on the upper mount were it bolts to the body ? Some surface rust on car were they meet cleaned that but the control mount has rust onit should I replace or just clean and paint?
    Thanks

white
    2002 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by boxster964 View Post
    i'm trying to replace the front struts on my 98 Z-28 convert and the prior own was a hack not a normal but totally moronic mess . This guy left so many parts out of the front suspentionn that i had to go to Chevy to look up what was missing.
    The Question is were and if theres this triangle rubber isolator .
    In chevy parts they have it between the upper inside of spring and the upper spring seat i cannot figure out how this can Be!! Thers no room.

Also do you guys get alot of rust on the upper mount were it bolts to the body ? Some surface rust on car were they meet cleaned that but the control mount has rust onit should I replace or just clean and paint?
    Thanks
    Yeah rust does happen there. I would replace it if you are that concerned. I sanded and painted mine. You have pics? I remember my 2002 had that rubber bushing/isolator between the upper control arm and body I believe. I think a 98 would be the same. There was a "seat" between my spring and coil over top mount as well.

Silver
    98 Camaro convert. M6

Quote Originally Posted by TedsB4Csled View Post
    Yeah rust does happen there. I would replace it if you are that concerned. I sanded and painted mine. You have pics? I remember my 2002 had that rubber bushing/isolator between the upper control arm and body I believe. I think a 98 would be the same. There was a "seat" between my spring and coil over top mount as well.
    Great thanks for the info.

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    This is a great thread, does anyone know how to get to the rear upper shock nuts for my convertible?
    Apparently us vert guys don't get any love. Well if you figured that out let me know... I ripped my carpet up looked inside where the top mechanism folds and haven't found anything. I'll look harder tomorrow maybe even take a picture.

EDIT: Well I just switched the rear shocks. To any other convertible owners out there that were wondering where the hell the shocks mounts are they aren't in the back where the top folds down so don't bother looking there like I did. The acces for them are right behind where your back seat rests, so fold it down. Now that your seat is down look about 2 - 3 inches belower where your seatbelt housings are. You will feel a soft spot in the carpet and there will be some perferated slits in the carpet. If you don't want to cut your carpet, take the whole seatbelt assembly apart from under the carpet and then fold your carpet forward. I opted not to do so because it wouldn't have gained me any room since my sub box is at precisely the same height and folding the carpet forward would infact lose me room unless I took out the subbox which was more work then I was ready for. So I cut the slits open, dug around in there moved the foam and started taking the nuts off. If I remember I'll post a pic tomorrow.
    Last edited by Bouvers; 04-28-2010 at 08:28 PM.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Great writeups fomr LS1HT - Thanks!

Red
    2000 Trans AM

I plan on doing a complete suspension overhaul, I haven't decided which shocks/struts Im going to go with yet but what else would I need other the control arms and spring seats?

White; Navy Blue Metallic
    '01 SS Vert.;'02 RS Coupe

Thanks! Where are those pics? ;-)

Took too long, here's a pic:

Quote Originally Posted by Bouvers View Post
    Apparently us vert guys don't get any love. Well if you figured that out let me know... I ripped my carpet up looked inside where the top mechanism folds and haven't found anything. I'll look harder tomorrow maybe even take a picture.

EDIT: Well I just switched the rear shocks. To any other convertible owners out there that were wondering where the hell the shocks mounts are they aren't in the back where the top folds down so don't bother looking there like I did. The acces for them are right behind where your back seat rests, so fold it down. Now that your seat is down look about 2 - 3 inches belower where your seatbelt housings are. You will feel a soft spot in the carpet and there will be some perferated slits in the carpet. If you don't want to cut your carpet, take the whole seatbelt assembly apart from under the carpet and then fold your carpet forward. I opted not to do so because it wouldn't have gained me any room since my sub box is at precisely the same height and folding the carpet forward would infact lose me room unless I took out the subbox which was more work then I was ready for. So I cut the slits open, dug around in there moved the foam and started taking the nuts off. If I remember I'll post a pic tomorrow.
    Last edited by libertyforall1776; 10-01-2010 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Added pic
    01 Camaro SS 'vert:SLP FlowPac & Dual-Dual Exhaust,SS Brake Lines,Konis,UMI CM SFCs welded,Hotchkis STB,DDM HIDs,USA Spec,ProClip,Gentex 50-GENK60
    02 Camaro RS:Borla Cat-Back,SLP CAI & Bilsteins,Whisper Lid,UMI 3pt CM SFCs welded,BMR CM STB,DDM HIDs,USA Spec,ProClip,Gentex 50-GENK60

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information