• Mail Order

11 7.91%
  • Tunercats

1 0.72%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 02BlackOnBlackSS
    ... however, the interface could be more "cushy." I can deal with it though.
    Yes, it's not as pedagogic as the others, but I find that it has the subtle advantage of forcing one to think a little more to understand the system. I have found in cruising some of the forums that the IFs of some of the other systems may be a bit too "cushy" and may be leading some people (i.e., novices) down a garden path or two. But, of course, the value of any tool is only as good as one's ability with it.

I'm still enjoying my TunerCat and I don't regret for one minute the money I have saved together with my cheap $90 scanner.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fran D
    Yes, it's not as pedagogic as the others, but I find that it has the subtle advantage of forcing one to think a little more to understand the system. I have found in cruising some of the forums that the IFs of some of the other systems may be a bit too "cushy" and may be leading some people (i.e., novices) down a garden path or two. But, of course, the value of any tool is only as good as one's ability with it.

I'm still enjoying my TunerCat and I don't regret for one minute the money I have saved together with my cheap $90 scanner.
    Again if it works for you thats great...I will say it again that they fill a void with ever LOWER cost tuning software. Again though they are only part of the market HPtuners & efilive both offer custom OS's with extra parameters as well as ridding you of the secondary VE table & giving you full use of both of the high/low octane tables. Not to mention with hptuners they offer v6 tuning which I do alot of. Understand im not bashing tunercat in any way as I now own it, but I'd rather not have newbies come in here & think they'll be able to just jump into tuning their own car with little to no tuning knowledge without breaking things. My feeling is still if you've never tuned a car in your life buy a product that has support for what your tuning. For someone who's tuned their obd1 car and is now just entering the obd2 market tunercat might be their too of choice, but I'll be honest with you I don't yet have the gto license & even with hpt being more expensive I very well might buy through them for the just in case factor for custom OS's and such.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

While I do not claim to be a tuning expert, I like to tune my own stuff, and, after looking at what was available, I chose HPTuners for many of the reasons listed above. Good info.

Silver
    2002 Z28 & 2000 Z71 ECSB

Predator here...

vortec350
    Tunercat and Hptuners here,I love them both

Tunercat, which is now being marketed in OBDII form by JET? I use the OBDI and OBDII versions. They always work great for me.

Junior Member 99taw6convertible's Avatar

Black
    99 T/A WS6 Vert

I just got the hand held Fast-Flash.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

diablo sport! lighly modded ls1, with auto, couldnt be happier. except the 100 bucks needed to unlock the tool from the first vehicle that used it. oh well worth it

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information