Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    It's been an on going problem for a couple years. Zach doesn't don't want to fight and was scared because they're all bigger than him. Even this time he said he was gonna move tables at lunch. I talked to him about it and told him eventually he'll run out of tables. Then explained the whole "it's not the size of the dog in the fight...." thing and told him to not telegraph any punches but when he throws the first one don't stop until someone breaks it up. I saw the video....he laid an ass beating on the kid. Punched him in the face then grabbed him around the neck and drug his ass out of the seat where he continued to beat his ass until some seniors broke them up. He got one last shot in to the face as they were being pulled apart. The lesson here is don't mess with Zach's fruit cup I told him he may be getting a t shirt out of he deal. He text me before it happened and said "he just stole my fruit cup.....to ahead and start the truck"
    Good job Zach. Hopefully his mom felt the same way you did about it.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

She does...like I say...this is not a new issue and we've tried to do it the right way. The schools make it hard to resolve disputes. Zach has been bullied for a couple years but the second he stands up for himself he gets a mandatory 3 days off. The other kid.....1 hour of detention. The lesson learned is it's better to raise your kid as a bully because no one can do anything about it. I told the principle "this shit is gonna stop one way or the other". Even if Zach gets expelled and I have to home school him we're tired of the horse shit. I'll have Zach beat someone's ass every day if he needs to.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

When my son had same issue we went in to see the Vice Principal about it. This guy had the gull to say that the shithead was not at fault because his family is going thru a divorce and was most likely acting out his anger. He damn near shit a brick when I told him the next time he acts out his anger on my son, he's going to give him a round house kick up side the head and not stop beating his ass till he's pulled off. And if you even think of punishing my son let me inform you of AL statue of Assault and Battery. Meaning I will press charges and file anything and everything I can on you and this school. Every year you guys get up front and preach about no bulling and punishment for doing it but when you have a case of it before you you let it slide. BS! You ether do your fucking job or my son will defend himself by force. Oh By the way he's been taking Kempo for the last 3 yrs and and has one hell of a kick and punch.

His reply Sir we can't condone violence...

I went off - Really sounds like as long as you have family issues you get to do what the fuck you want. We're done. Turned to Cody - if that shit head takes a swing, kick his ass and don't stop. You got my phone number, call me when it's done so we can go get you a steak dinner. Out I walked...
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 08-30-2017 at 07:31 AM.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Oh By the way he's been taking Kempo for the last 3 yrs and and has one hell of a kick and punch.
    Of all the styles I've studied/taken, Kenpo is by far absolutely devastating and king compared to the other styles. Lone kimono = dead. I loved taking those classes and sparing night was a fuckin blast!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Of all the styles I've studied/taken, Kenpo is by far absolutely devastating and king compared to the other styles. Lone kimono = dead. I loved taking those classes and sparing night was a fuckin blast!
    He earned his BB in his senior year. He wants to take Krav Maga now but with college and work just doesn't have the time. Nearest place that teaches it is in Pensacola and that's a 35-45 min drive from the house.

Funny Tim brought this subject up, this past weekend Cody and I have started teaching his sister some techniques like escape from being grabbed and counters.

My wife always worries on some of the stuff I teach them because my lessons have permanent results when applied. How to break elbow/knee joints, critical hit blows for escaping, but I always stress that those are for life & death never for just a BS fight over stupid shit.

Lately there have been more girl fights then boys. I'm like Last week in Mobile County there was a brawl in the first week. 16 students and 2 adults were arrested, school just started.

red
    95 Z28

He earned his BB in his senior year. He wants to take Krav Maga now but with college and work just doesn't have the time. Nearest place that teaches it is in Pensacola and that's a 35-45 min drive from the house.

Funny Tim brought this subject up, this past weekend Cody and I have started teaching his sister some techniques like escape from being grabbed and counters.

My wife always worries on some of the stuff I teach them because my lessons have permanent results when applied. How to break elbow/knee joints, critical hit blows for escaping, but I always stress that those are for life & death never for just a BS fight over stupid shit.

Lately there have been more girl fights then boys. I'm like Last week in Mobile County there was a brawl in the first week. 16 students and 2 adults were arrested, school just started.
    Krav Maga is great for strikes, but make sure they balance that with a good ground game (Jiu Jitsu). Since most fights end up on the ground anyway.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

I told him that too. Striking is great but being able to turn them around and use against your opponent is better.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Krav Maga is great for strikes, but make sure they balance that with a good ground game (Jiu Jitsu). Since most fights end up on the ground anyway.
    That's one reason I'm glad Zach wrestles at school. No way that doesn't help you in a fight when it goes to the ground.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    That's one reason I'm glad Zach wrestles at school. No way that doesn't help you in a fight when it goes to the ground.
    I dont even remember seeing an amateur street fight where two people stood up the entire time and traded any kind of effective blows back and forth

Usually two or three wild haymakers, none of which really connect, and then it goes to the ground. Or one person gets lucky, actually lands a solid punch, and the fight's over.

On a side note, reading your story reminded me of the one time I got suspended from middle school, almost the same thing as your kid. There was a kid in school that was just a general trouble maker, bully when he could be. He took a swing and hit me in the bathroom. I dont think I even moved. I responded by tackling him to the ground inside one of the bathroom stalls, and pinning his face down near the floor right next to the toilet. I may have shoved his head into the tile once or twice before someone broke it up. The floor was about as clean as a typical boys bathroom stall as well

I got suspended for that afternoon, he got suspended for a week. Good times.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

For many young men this is something they have to deal with. I had my own experiences with bullies but then again I have always had a smart mouth. I'm sure, thinking back there were some instances where I may have been labeled the bully. Not that I ever bullied one specific person for months or years on end but I dished out my fair share of razzing that some may have took to heart. Bullying will never go away completely... it's part of nature to assert dominance over others. What matters is how we deal with it when it's our turn to be on the receiving end. Good job Zach.... I hope my son handles things correctly when it's his "turn". He's only 2 so he's got some time but he will be prepared.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

The schools (from pressure of the soccer mom's) have made this issue twice as bad as it used to be. You can't whip someone's ass anymore so kids have no real way of determining the pecking order and don't know how to deal with tough situations. Every now and then you need to beat someone's ass and every now and then you need your ass beat. You learn humility that way. Kids now have no way to work out real problems other than tattling on people and hoping a Stern talk fixes the issue. At least when I was little if you tattled they got their ass tore up with a paddle. Don't even have that now.
    Zach is not a fighter....that's just not who he is. This was a good experience for him and he's learned a ton of lessons from this one incident. It sucks he was suspended but he knew going in that was the price to pay and he did it anyhow. Just all around good lessons that he'll remember forever.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

At least it's early in the yr that it doesn't effect Wrestling season.

I learned early I was too small to play football and not get seriously hurt in trying to tackle the big kids (I weigh 110-125lbs my whole HS yrs) so I went into Wrestling. Had great times. Like 5.0 said not to many fights ever stay on their feet after the 1st 30 seconds.

3 days off, sounds like some fishing time.....

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

My wife and I have been doing kickboxing and muay thai training for the last couple of months. My stepdad taught it and fought in a few amateur matches when he was alive, so I'm a little bit familar. I really wish I was a smarter teenager and absorbed more from him back then, instead of being an asshat. But I'm doing it now, better late than never I suppose. More to get back in shape than anything, but just going to a gym didn't keep me motivated like this has. I'm under 200 for the first time in several years.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

So a Jaguar fan clutch bolts right up to a Chevy water pump and fan. Go figure.

Stock fan clutch was just a bit too long. This one is almost an inch shorter and fits perfect behind the new radiator. Bye-bye electric fans.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    My wife and I have been doing kickboxing and muay thai training for the last couple of months. My stepdad taught it and fought in a few amateur matches when he was alive, so I'm a little bit familar. I really wish I was a smarter teenager and absorbed more from him back then, instead of being an asshat. But I'm doing it now, better late than never I suppose. More to get back in shape than anything, but just going to a gym didn't keep me motivated like this has. I'm under 200 for the first time in several years.
    I haven't been under 200 in over 15 years

98 Formula
    06 duramax

200 I remember that.....it was 7th grade

Zach is 14 and weighs 93 pounds. He eats a bowl of peanut butter and honey every night before bed trying to put on weight. Gonna be tough for him to wrestle this year...lightest class is 106. He just can't gain weight.....meanwhile I gained 3 pounds just typing this out

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

*** The Hot August Nights TRAIN ***

weight gain? two words: ketchup sandwiches lmao

red
    95 Z28

At least it's early in the yr that it doesn't effect Wrestling season.

I learned early I was too small to play football and not get seriously hurt in trying to tackle the big kids (I weigh 110-125lbs my whole HS yrs) so I went into Wrestling. Had great times. Like 5.0 said not to many fights ever stay on their feet after the 1st 30 seconds.

3 days off, sounds like some fishing time.....
    It's amazing... when you're grappling, 30 seconds feels like a fucking eternity, regardless of what kind shape you're in

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

*** The Hot August Nights TRAIN ***

No shit right there. 6 mins felt like a life time. Our practice were 3 hrs long. Gaining weight is tough. Protein is the key. Working out also so it's not just fat weight. Can he weigh in with clothes? In my senior yr I was a floater. I went were we needed in 125, 130, 135 classes. Going up not so bad as needing to cut back to 125. A couple of times I would step on the scale with sweats and a water bottle in my pocket to meet min weight.

In my Jr yr I had 1 rival. In practice I cracked 3 ribs a month prior. I thought I was ok to take the mat again. Well this a hole kept elbowing me in the ribs. I got so pissed I was about to throw a punch. Coach stop the match. Pissed off so bad, told him we'll meet again later in the season. We did and I could have pinned him in 1st period but wanted it to go longer. I got within 1 point of technical pin that's when I went for the pin. My coach chewed me out for toying with him. lol
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Viking Coilovers, YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.93 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - "Stockish" Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), C7 Snowflake 17" Wheels

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

The problem I had with high school sports was that it conflicted with hunting. I played everything up until about 15-16 then it was hunting from there on out. I'm still like that even with the kids. Told Chloe tonight she could play the first session of indoor soccer this fall but I wouldn't be there. It runs oct-dec every Saturday night. I'll be there for the 3rd session though.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information