Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post
    Brains translate well to performance in QB's. Hence the importance of the Wonderlic. Meanwhile, don't count on any deep playoff runs by Vick or Newton

The Redskins almost beat the Falcons early in the season, despite a then-horrible secondary. As for this past Sunday's game, Washington was about to be up by 14 points. I expected Seattle to get back in the game (never blown out, and I know the Redskins' style), but I think most viewers and experts would agree without the injury, Redskins win. Regardless of the better Seattle defense. Which probably would be better even without the cheating.

But those dudes play dirty, and I don't like it. Honestly I prefer offense to defense, but not shoot-outs. I want to see some hard hits (like Roca on that Cowboy returner), but manhandling people away from the ball (often preventing pass attempts) or late hits is just garbage and I look down on anyone who is okay with that (which is like being okay with bounty programs). I doubt Seattle will be as extreme next week, if only because Sherman is done, but if happens, I want it shown on TV for everyone to see the cheating, with no star player injury to distract from it. Someday the media and NFL will force Carroll and his merry men to play closer to the rules.
    dude....please tell me you just didn't reference the wonderlic as a way to judge how good a QB is??? RB3 scored exactly the same score as Jamarcus Russell Wonderlic test is worthless. You look down on anyone that's ok with late hits and things like that and yet you were happy some seahawks got injured? I'm gonna leave you alone now....it's been pretty entertaining watching the sandy vagina but this is getting too easy.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    dude....please tell me you just didn't reference the wonderlic as a way to judge how good a QB is??? RB3 scored exactly the same score as Jamarcus Russell Wonderlic test is worthless.
    So perhaps we need to refer to RG3 as JmR 2.0 instead of MV 2.0.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Blakbird24 View Post
    So perhaps we need to refer to RG3 as JmR 2.0 instead of MV 2.0.
    wonderlic......please.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

RGIII might be out into next season...

Torn ACL
    ACL in question as Redskins' RG3 has more tests - Yahoo! Sports

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Just stop man. The Redskins lost, get over it. Seattle didnt cheat, and if there was such dirty play, why hasnt the league stepped in after the fact with fines. The league has done exactly that several times, even on plays that werent flagged in the game. The skins got their asses kicked, and it's going to continue to happen if Mike Vick 2 (I'm going to call him that from now on ) keeps getting hurt. And if he loses his ability to be a running quarterback, you better hope he gets alot better passing, and the Redskins actually get some better offense on the field (O line and receivers).
    Why hasn't the league stepped in? That's why I keep talking about this! Maybe there will be fines after the fact - as I see happened to Seattle players a few times earlier this year. But I doubt it, because the dirty play didn't involve big hits. I'm not used to this kind of thing. As far as I know, dirty teams haven't been much of an issue in the NFL the past few decades, certainly not among the NFC East, which I follow most closely.

I think the Redskins will make some minor upgrades on offense (I personally think Morgan should be cut) - but if Griffin misses much of next season, it hardly matters I had no idea his Wonderlic was so mediocre or that JaMarcus Russell wasn't bad on his, but we all know Russell couldn't play and that RG3 knows how to quarterback.
    Last edited by clovenhooves; 01-08-2013 at 08:52 AM.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

I had no idea his Wonderlic was so mediocre or that JaMarcus Russell wasn't bad on his, but we all know Russell couldn't play and that RG3 knows how to quarterback.
    BUT THAT'S EXACTLY THE POINT! At this time, there is absolutely no (concrete) reason to believe that RG3 will be any better than the aforementioned QB's. These are all guys that were super-hyped coming out of college, were drafted high, and had dynamite first seasons. These are all guys that had fans just like you setting up shrines in their homes thinking their teams' savior had finally arrived. Coincidentally, all of them faltered in their second or third season. Some are still pretty good, like Vick, and others are useless, like Russell. The point is that we all agree RG3 looks like the real deal, but he's going to have to prove it, and that's going to take a few seasons. That means that right now he's roughly equivalent to guys like Jamarcus Russell and should not be even mentioned in the same sentence as a veteran like Mike Vick regardless of how you may personally evaluate his level of play. Revisit this subject this time next year and our opinions may more closely match yours...but now? For God's sake give it a rest.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Its pretty clear who the lowest scoring individual is on the NFL fanlic test. 25W bulb in a box of 100W seems to be an appropriate description.

I'm not the one who brought up Vick. I resent the comparison. Only Wilson has more than a little in common with RG3, in my opinion (and Wilson has been made to play like Griffin). Russell was not hyped as much, and his one solid season wasn't his first. Unlike most of the hyped rookie QBs, Griffin got his team to the postseason, and most people would say the biggest difference between the 2011 and 2012 Redskins was him. I am not a fan-boy, but I do believe he is a good QB and Washington's best option for the foreseeable future.

Packers baby. That is all.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

I'm not the one who brought up Vick. I resent the comparison. Only Wilson has more than a little in common with RG3, in my opinion (and Wilson has been made to play like Griffin). Russell was not hyped as much, and his one solid season wasn't his first. Unlike most of the hyped rookie QBs, Griffin got his team to the postseason, and most people would say the biggest difference between the 2011 and 2012 Redskins was him. I am not a fan-boy, but I do believe he is a good QB and Washington's best option for the foreseeable future.
    Washington got to the playoffs because they beat Dallas. Not exactly a tough task. Yeah they won their division but they had a 6th-seed level record. Above all this, had the Giants not fallen apart, Washington would have missed the playoffs regardless. That has nothing to do with Griffin.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I just blew a snot bubble Skins get their ass beat and you're here blaming a dirty team, pete carrol, the turf, the league, Vick, the wonderlic test, Jamarcus Russell, Cam Newton, and everyone except the team that got their ass beat. How about a D that can't keep seattle from putting 24 points on them? Or having Lynch run all over them? Or how about an offense that puts up 14 points in the first quarter and then doesn't score a single point the rest of the game? Hurt QB or no hurt QB....they weren't winning that game. Seattle was the better team.....they just had to prove they could win on the road and they did.

Repeating something doesn't make it true. The Redskins didn't get "their ass beat." As I predicted it was a close game until late (with an unnatural turnover leading to a possible extra 3 points). That's with Washington having no QB after 9 minutes and therefore no offense (which led to the defense wearing down, versus a solid Seattle attack). If any of the things I complained about had gone differently (or if one of Wilson's near turnovers had been a turnover), we're probably talking about Redskins in Atlanta now.

I'll concede that, maybe in a decent division, Washington wouldn't have gotten a playoff spot, but still RG3 made the team several wins better than had Grossman or some typical virtual rookie been starting. RG3 2013 season is now the question. Very demoralizing, on multiple levels.
    Last edited by clovenhooves; 01-08-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Fan-boy would imply the Redskins were proud to have fans like you, excuse-boy is more like it. You have used most of the common excuses and even a few new ones, so I sarcastically applaud you for that. Rooting for other teams to get injured after they beat your team is pretty worthless. Trying to support your ridiculous claims with internet resources really doesn't help your credibility either. Referencing the wonderlic for the sake of your arguments only further proves my previous conclusion of your NFL/sports aptitude.

Rooting for other teams to get injured after they beat your team is pretty worthless.
    Except I never said that. (Although I won't feel bad for any dirty player who gets hurt.)

If you can't concede when I have a valid point and instead insult me, we're done here. NFL Playoffs Week 2 - go Falcons.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

what's so "unnatural" about a center snapping the ball 2' low and to the right of where it should be?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

I thought the skins D did a great job despite being on the field the majority of the game and played hard to the very end. I'm very proud of what we've done this year and it has nothing to do with their record or division title. They showed the last half of the season that they still have heart even after all of these years of losing. Heart combined with talent (the very definition of RG3) will make us unstoppable in the coming years.

Seattle played a good game and they deserved the win...again I do hope Atlanta stomps their ass though As much as i'd love our back-up QB Cousins staying with the skins IMO he's a starter and needs his own team. I just pray to god he doesn't go to Dallas or Philly because he is that good.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

It finally dawned on me tonight. It was Sean Payton's fault you guys lost to Seattle. Had he of not gotten suspended for the year you guys would've taken an ass beating week 1 and then Dallas would've won the division. It's Payton's fault.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    It finally dawned on me tonight. It was Sean Payton's fault you guys lost to Seattle. Had he of not gotten suspended for the year you guys would've taken an ass beating week 1 and then Dallas would've won the division. It's Payton's fault.
    So then the Saints would have lost to Seattle instead?

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Redskins got stomped pretty good. I called it after watching for two minutes. That was a back alley, fist fight of a game from both sides from the get go.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Blakbird24 View Post
    So then the Saints would have lost to Seattle instead?
    Probably

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information