Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

black
    2000 pontiac trans am

i like it. Yuengling is my favorite, sucks that i cant BUY it in Connecticut??? i cant wait to move out of this hell hole so i can buy my favorite BEER...

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Can't get yuengling here either... I wanted to try it

99 Z28 04 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by derbs View Post
    Sam Adams thats how beer is suppose to taste hops makes the beer. You saying 10 dollars a six is wrong everytime I get it it's 7.69. Goose Island makes good beer also. Sam Adams boston lager is 5.4% acl I've had some Goose Island beers that had 7.4% to 8.2% . And joe your a puss hahaha
    whatever homo, everytime you take a drink of sam adams you make a face like you took a shot of piss. colt 45 is 8% too, dont mean it tastes good.

IBM
    04 GTO

drinking keystone light is drinking piss you cheap ass haha

Black
    2000 Pontiac Formula

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    I think it's the high carbonaton in high life that lets you drink alot. More bubbles means less less actual liquid. That's why it's the champagne of beers
    CO2 doesn't take up any space in any beer.

I'm not sure on this, but there's maybe the equivalent of and once or two in a keg of beer. I go through about 25 kegs of beer before I have to change out my 5lbs tank of CO2, and that includes carbonating the beer. I loose most of my CO2 through "pushing" the beer through the lines.

99 Z28 04 Corvette

How much does one of those keg fridges cost? Will it fill a full size keg?

Well I still have a 3rd of a case of high life and the more I drink the more I hate it! I'll stock with miller lite... it was free, but this time even free isn't good!

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Z28 View Post
    CO2 doesn't take up any space in any beer.

I'm not sure on this, but there's maybe the equivalent of and once or two in a keg of beer. I go through about 25 kegs of beer before I have to change out my 5lbs tank of CO2, and that includes carbonating the beer. I loose most of my CO2 through "pushing" the beer through the lines.
    Okay, it's bubbly as hell, I don't mean in the head, I mean the body. And fermentation naturally carbonates beer...

Black
    2000 Pontiac Formula

Quote Originally Posted by 1986camarojoe View Post
    How much does one of those keg fridges cost? Will it fill a full size keg?
    I made mine. It's just a regular mini fridge that I cut open to install the tower, which is where the faucets are. Then I modded the interior a bit to allow for the installation of my two kegs and the CO2 tank.

I bought my fridge for $175, then another $360 or so in parts. But $160 of that is just my faucets, which are a forward sealing faucet, best investment ever. Because I never get a sticky faucet now. My fridge will not accept a 1/2 barrel, but I can fit a slim 1/4 barrel.

There are other places that sell pre-built kegerators that will fit a 1.2 barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Okay, it's bubbly as hell, I don't mean in the head, I mean the body. And fermentation naturally carbonates beer...
    Um, no fermentation does not naturally carbonate beer. Most large scale breweries will collect the CO2 that is given from the process of carbonation, then force carb the beer. That's what they mean when they say naturally carbonated. Others will use the addition of CO2 from another source, one other way is to add sugar right before bottling, which will kick start the yeast that is left over to, "naturally" or "bottle condition" the beer. You will have some residual CO2 that's caught in the yeast cake, but not enough to fully carbonate a beer.

But yes, High Life is a little more carbonated then most. Try a porter, and you'll find the next level.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information