1 0.72%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Bernotas05
    i got the diablo sport predator

Red
    1998 M6 vert TA

old school here: Atap + Edit + wideband + Excel
    I never had a problem and the car is still alive
    Without Excel it's almost impossible to make a tune, so when you don't know this software it's better you get a tool that can scan and evaluate the numbers in an easy way.
    MODS: A4 > M6 conversion, SC raptor hood, Vortech V9 G-Trim SQ, homemade water-alcohol injection
    DYNO: 410 RWHP, 417 TORQUE @ 5 PSI

The Rookie
    how much does the HPTuner go for?

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

$499-Standard interface & 2 year licensed vehicles
    $649-Enhanced interface with 4 inputs & 2 outputs & 2 year licensed vehicles

www.hptuners.com

theeulogy
    So when you order HPtuners you tell them what 2 model years of car you want? Is it USB?

On the Tour Bus...Waking in a new town every day

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

USB coming soon..beta testing is going to hapen here in the next few weeks..('m a beta tester )

yes you tell them what 2 years and vehocles you want....
    meaning you can have 02 v8 fbody and 04 GTO if you want..and then you can tune Every vehicle for the years you get

and with the USB just around the corner...you will be able to do GM, FORD, and DODGE..
    all on the same cable and all on the same software

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    USB coming soon...
    How soon? February-March?

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

i think were just as anxious as everyone else

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

the vinci handheld on both of my cars.

EFI Live scanner and Tunercat to tune. Pretty nice setup because I can do other peoples tunes for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    I've looked into tunercats recently and heres my opinion on it
    Pro's
    Price...for $379.00 you get one definition file which generally contains 2 full years worth of vehicles. Also Each definition file after that is only $79.00

Con's
    No real forums for them...i found two forums that revolve around tunercats and there were like 3 posts in the last month on both of them. Email support is iffy at best as well.

No scanner...even though they are and have been working on a scanner in beta for about a year now they still dont offer anything...so work that into your price.

Non user friendly...just from playing with the demo version you can tell its not a program you'd like to use full time...yes its functional but difficult to navigate and just not user friendly.

Amount of parameters to change...I dont know exactly how many but if the two demo files are even close to what they offer id be scared.

again for the price if you already have a good scanner & dont mind the navigation as compared to hpt or efilive or you need to be able to tune lt1 cars its a good choice...if you dont have a scanner though just go with hpt or efi and you'll be a happier camper imho.
    I know this is an old post, but just for future references, anything that you can do with EFI Live's basic v7 I have been able to do with Tunercat. It is just a little less user friendly. I got the demo version of EFI Live V7 and I just read off of the descriptions on what everything does from there and applied those concepts to tunercat. Sure it takes a little getting used to, but I think that is worth it since it is not vin locked.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by 02BlackOnBlackSS
    I know this is an old post, but just for future references, anything that you can do with EFI Live's basic v7 I have been able to do with Tunercat. It is just a little less user friendly. I got the demo version of EFI Live V7 and I just read off of the descriptions on what everything does from there and applied those concepts to tunercat. Sure it takes a little getting used to, but I think that is worth it since it is not vin locked.
    except for custom operating systems for 1,2 & 3 bar SD tunes, Nitrous custom operating system, valet mode operation, a scanner with histograms with indepth custom filters, flash demos, & pdf how too files on SD tuning. Yes tunercat is cheap but there are many things it doesnt offer that efilive & hptuners do offer.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

help with EFI??

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me
    Efilive for me, 30 programmed computers a day. Couldnt do it with any other software. Lots of cool goodies being released weekly, and Updates faster than a guy can download. I love it..
    Could you help with a .tun file. Car is running fine now...or so I think. But would like another opinion. Could I send you my tune file for you to "checkout"??? I kinda need some help on what areas to watch. I have a LS6 intake with 28lb covette injectors (instead of the 26lb on my LS1 now), and some brand new LS6 heads to put on before spring. If you could provide some guidance on what to watch for and areas that I can fix now before the change it would be greatly appreciated. After I do the heads and intake, next will be the XR275HR comp cam. (using this split cam in preperation for ATI procharger later down the road.) I read from another post that when changing the injectors it is really important to make sure it is tuned properly. It sounds from your posts that you do a lot of these.
    Last edited by ws6togo; 01-21-2006 at 06:51 AM. Reason: forgot signature
    '00 Pewter WS6 12.8@112 Gtech PRO (w/o EFI,stall,gears)
    BG Ram Air, Lid, K&N, SLP Ypipe, MSD wires, NGK's, cutout, 160*
    BMR STB, BMR SFC, UMI LCA's, BMR PH bar
    Rebuilt 4L60E. 3000TCI, Hayden Cooler, 3.73's, TA girdle and EFILive

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

nice setup for the laptop

[QUOTE=Ed Blown Vert]I do the same thing

Hey Ed Blown Vert:

cool setup....where did you get the parts to mount the laptop? It is pretty akward setting it in the passenger seat.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Dreaming of an LS1 senior gomez's Avatar

Teal
    91 teg (stock,notmodding)

wow i just checked out the hp tuners site and looked at screenshots and damnit there are alot of little things to mod and stuff. will it be insainely hard to start using a tuner and scanner (no clue the diff yet) for someone who has never used one?

except for custom operating systems for 1,2 & 3 bar SD tunes, Nitrous custom operating system, valet mode operation, a scanner with histograms with indepth custom filters, flash demos, & pdf how too files on SD tuning. Yes tunercat is cheap but there are many things it doesnt offer that efilive & hptuners do offer.
    Well, I assumed that you knew it didn't come with a scanner, thats why I was using EFI Live's scanner. I also said something about the basic version (not the custom OS's), so besides the how to files and flash demo's and valet mode, it has everything, and when used in combination w/ EFI Live's scanner, it is a very nice thing to have. Plus there is the potential to make your money back. It's nice to have all of the extra luxuries, but I just don't see spending almost $700 on something that can only tune 2 cars. Just my opinion (from the broke college student perspective).

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by 02BlackOnBlackSS
    but I just don't see spending almost $700 on something that can only tune 2 cars.
    I was just pointing out there are things with that tunercats doesnt have the capability of doing that hptuners & efilive do. Tunercats is a cheap alternative but can easily frustrate new users. And the lack of a scanner brings the pricing up past hptuners introductory price in most cases & probably very close the their enhanced version. I've used the tunercats demo and it makes me cringe in comparison to hptuners & efilive as far as userbility.

I was just pointing out there are things with that tunercats doesnt have the capability of doing that hptuners & efilive do. Tunercats is a cheap alternative but can easily frustrate new users. And the lack of a scanner brings the pricing up past hptuners introductory price in most cases & probably very close the their enhanced version. I've used the tunercats demo and it makes me cringe in comparison to hptuners & efilive as far as userbility.
    Keep in mind that the demo version of Tunercat on the website is just their OBDI tuner and it doesn't have near the amount of parameters to modify as the OBDII one does, however, the interface could be more "cushy." I can deal with it though.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Good info.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information