Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: owned by evo

i always wanted to volunteer for something

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    challenged wasnt the word he used, i believe it was "pickin on stock LS1s". It wasnt a challenege because obviously he'd beat me, volunteered as in i can get a video of getting beat by an evo? yea pickin on the stock LS1 sounds about right. its easy as shit for import guys to talk big to people like me who are stock... run with the big boys and you gain respect, not talkin big to girls in stock cars like mine.
    I just saw you post in saying youre only stock but youd race, i didnt know that it was part of a previous conversation. No modded EVO should call out a stock LS1, I agree completely.

I was reluctant to race a guy on this board bc he told me he only had intake/exhaust but he wanted to do it, turned out to be real cool guy and he comes down to my area to race now. Turned out to be a good thing.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    Wesman=

lol
    Yea, I'm really crying

Or just watching the discussion because nobody said anything that I really diasgreed with in the last couple pages.

Until you chimed in with your stupid comments, everything was going fine by me

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    I think Wesman really isnt explaining very well what he is trying to say. A car like that Evo with tons of top end power and nothing down low really isnt a fun car to drive, to me and I think to Wesman to. With the evo modfied like that, you have to go WOT and bring the boost up to do anything with it. With cars that make more lowend torque with either engine power or gears in the rear end, you can have fun all day long at half throttle lighting the tires up, dicking around, etc etc, without ever having to do up to 6k+. If you do not build boost in 4 cylinder cars, they dont go anywhere.

That I think is why he is saying its not a usuable power band for a street car. For a track car, who cares about low end, you are at your upper power band the entire length of the track.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    yep, thats what i believe hes gettin across and thats why i agree with him....for fun, drivin a evo < drivin a bolt on m6 lt1/ls1 w 4.10's
    I'm glad you guys took what I am trying to say in context, thats exactly what I'm talking about.

Obviously Evos and STIs are "driveable". I'm not trying to say that they aren't. Hell, a 55HP Geo Metro is "driveable". But there is just no comparison to the powerband of a V8, regardless of what power adders or mods you have. Nothing like hammering the gas at any RPM and having it shove you back in the seat with torque and then pull strongly to redline. And nothing beats the sound of a V8 Muscle car, either. I could care less about open wastegates and such, that may sound kind of cool the first few times, but its nothing that impressive IMO.

I've driven a lot of cars...and like blackzlt1 said, nothing beats a bolt on LS or LT with an M6 and 4.10's for pure driving fun. No "waiting for boost", no gutless low end, no farting sounds, no bull. Just pure, unadultered raw Horsepower and torque with a mean muscle car sound. And thats what I'm a fan of.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Yea, I'm really crying

Or just watching the discussion because nobody said anything that I really diasgreed with in the last couple pages.

So you do watch the O'reilly factor, you bastard! jfwy

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Yea, I'm really crying

Look at the "lol" at the bottom of the post WESMAN

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    challenged wasnt the word he used, i believe it was "pickin on stock LS1s". It wasnt a challenege because obviously he'd beat me, volunteered as in i can get a video of getting beat by an evo? yea pickin on the stock LS1 sounds about right. its easy as shit for import guys to talk big to people like me who are stock... run with the big boys and you gain respect, not talkin big to girls in stock cars like mine.
    Don't get your hopes up, he won't. He didn't have much to say about running me, which I don't understand being that 500 hp, whether you are RWD, AWD, etc. is nothing to be taken lightly. There are cars down around me and then some that would be up for a race.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

what are you talking about dude? I'll run you I don't care lol. Unlike some people I could give a shit whether I win or lose, I just like to run em hard.

I'm not scared of your car, if you win you win. You'd have to have a motor in it first to run me though don't you think? I see it's gonna be a 408 with 200 shot, that's what I need, some squeeze! =p

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    what are you talking about dude? I'll run you I don't care lol. Unlike some people I could give a shit whether I win or lose, I just like to run em hard.

I'm not scared of your car, if you win you win. You'd have to have a motor in it first to run me though don't you think? I see it's gonna be a 408 with 200 shot, that's what I need, some squeeze! =p
    you're right about one of the two. it will be a fun race. i mean come on man..i think you're a little above running a stock LS1 now don't ya think lol.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss View Post
    you're right about one of the two. it will be a fun race. i mean come on man..i think you're a little above running a stock LS1 now don't ya think lol.
    sounds like yall got a race.

I can atest for one thing Wesman keeps saying..the car looks like shit. It really does. It doesnt look masculine at all and the only personality it has reminds me of the black fag on Revenge of the Nerds.

Power means nothing compared to looks. For instance, I think the GTOs are terrible. Regardless of its power, I wont buy one for that price cuz of its looks alone.

Silver
    03 Cobra

the awesome sound of an LS1 is way better when accompanied by the even better sound of piston slap, and lots of valvetrain noise too.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by EVO 9 View Post
    the awesome sound of an LS1 is way better when accompanied by the even better sound of piston slap, and lots of valvetrain noise too.
    which will always out do the sound of a weedwhacker on four wheels. don't be hatin' yo.
    you must have been reading. stop trying to buck the system.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Silver
    03 Cobra

i drive a mustang with flowmasters

Thats not on all the engines. Ive had 2 motors and neither have it.

I really did laugh, not like the smiley though.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

yes, i know.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

i know of an fbody driver that can slap my piston any day haha wait.. off topic sorry yall

why are there so many evo junkies on an ls1 site? LS1 yall.... thats the motor... in most of our cars... get it?

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Most people in this thread wouldn't know piston slap if they heard it, and couldn't tell the difference between valvetrain noise and an exhaust leak (or most especially piston slap vs valvetrain).

"Evo Junkies"....

It is not at all uncommon to see folks with a different car than the one a forum is built around frequenting the site. However, what is unusual is those folks coming into that different site and posting "kills" of cars totally unrelated to anything but themselves.

That seems to be a trend around here lately. Mostly by the Evo crowd. No big deal - nobody is forcing anyone else to read what they post, and it probably makes them feel better.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Are you seriously trying to pretend like your car sounds good?? Piston slap?? What a pathetic argument. Most cars don't have that problem, and once they motor warms up it goes away anyhow.

Your car sounds like attack of the killer bees...you are the very last person would should be trying to make fun of the way a motor sounds.

Damn ricers...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information