Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Except I look better doing it.
    Not really.....................

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    you're pretty busy living in the past.....that's just silliness there. N.O. has beaten every one of those teams when we've played them the last 3 years. Dallas had 1 one and then we beat them the next year. Put any of those teams in the south and none of them win the division and probably don't make the playoffs.
    This is a pretty poor way of gauging a division. Especially considering the team you are using as a gauge has been utterly useless until the last three years. NFC East is a tough division because it contains some of the oldest teams in football. Which is why NFC east teams are such a threat even when they just barely make the playoffs. These teams have alot of playoff experience between them.

However, no, I don't think that if you put any of the NFC east teams into this year's tough divisions, they would have done anything. They'd probably have finished with even worse records. The NFC east was useless this year because the two teams that should have been good, NYG and PHI, fell on their faces. NYG because of injuries, and PHI because of boneheaded offseason moves. DAL and WAS are perpetually hopeless at this point, so their results were expected. That Dallas came so close to the playoffs is a testament to how bad the division really was. I agree with the sentiment that Philly could have been very dangerous if they had made the playoffs because they appeared to have gotten their act together, and same goes for NYG, now that the team is healthy, they have the potential to do some real damage.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Blakbird24 View Post
    This is a pretty poor way of gauging a division. Especially considering the team you are using as a gauge has been utterly useless until the last three years. NFC East is a tough division because it contains some of the oldest teams in football. Which is why NFC east teams are such a threat even when they just barely make the playoffs. These teams have alot of playoff experience between them.

However, no, I don't think that if you put any of the NFC east teams into this year's tough divisions, they would have done anything. They'd probably have finished with even worse records. The NFC east was useless this year because the two teams that should have been good, NYG and PHI, fell on their faces. NYG because of injuries, and PHI because of boneheaded offseason moves. DAL and WAS are perpetually hopeless at this point, so their results were expected. That Dallas came so close to the playoffs is a testament to how bad the division really was. I agree with the sentiment that Philly could have been very dangerous if they had made the playoffs because they appeared to have gotten their act together, and same goes for NYG, now that the team is healthy, they have the potential to do some real damage.
    The part I highlighted in bold is a poor way to guage a division as well. Just because the NFC east has some of the oldest teams in the NFL doesn't make it a threat or a tough division

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    The part I highlighted in bold is a poor way to guage a division as well. Just because the NFC east has some of the oldest teams in the NFL doesn't make it a threat or a tough division
    No but it's history does.

I'm not trying to say here that NYG, Philly, Dallas and Washington are somehow better teams or on another level. Not at all. I said "tough division", because it is GENERALLY a division that is not easy to win. In the vast majority of seasons, 3 out of 4 NFC east teams are "good" teams. That's not something you can say for every division in the NFL.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I'm not trying to say here that NYG, Philly, Dallas and Washington are somehow better teams or on another level. Not at all. I said "tough division", because it is GENERALLY a division that is not easy to win. In the vast majority of seasons, 3 out of 4 NFC east teams are "good" teams. That's not something you can say for every division in the NFL.
    Right now, none of those 4 teams are good, and its a piss poor division. 4 bad teams doesn't make a tough division, history or not.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

well....those 3 out of 4 "good" teams have managed 1 superbowl win in the last 15 years. That has nothing to do with where they stand in the division and everything to do with where they stand in the league. Just because your division sucks equally year in and year out doesn't make it a "tough" or "good" division. Every division is tough but for some reason you nfc east guys think your division is special. Just because you once were good doesn't mean you're good now....it just means you're living in the past because you're no longer relevant. I hear the same BS from the 9er guys. Oh...yeah.....9ers owned us when they were in our division and we had a terrible record against them. What those same guys fail to mention is we've now beaten them 8 out of the last 10 meetings and currently have 6 in a row on them. They forget about that I guess and prefer to throw around 20 year old stats.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

well....those 3 out of 4 "good" teams have managed 1 superbowl win in the last 15 years.
    The Super Bowl is ONE GAME. There are 18 others in any given season that a single team can play. You have to win alot of those OTHER GAMES to even get to the super bowl. If your knowledge of football, and judgement of teams is based on super bowl wins, you are omitting alot of facts from your judgements. Furthermore, thanks to the "seed method", the super bowl winning team quite often isn't actually the strongest team in a given season.

That has nothing to do with where they stand in the division and everything to do with where they stand in the league.
    ...just as what I said has NOTHING to do with where the teams stand in the league. NOTHING.

Just because your division sucks equally year in and year out doesn't make it a "tough" or "good" division. Every division is tough but for some reason you nfc east guys think your division is special.
    OK, let's get a few things straight.

First - i'm not now, nor have I ever been an "NFC East guy". I simply live in the heart of their market, so I get alot of news about the teams, ergo, I know alot about them. My affinity ends there. It's not "my division".

Second - You are completely, utterly, totally clueless if you really think the NFC east "sucks year in and year out".

Third - Just because I said that the NFC East is tough, that doesn't automatically mean that i'm saying every other division sucks. I wouldn't even say that the NFC is historically the strongest division. It could be, but I wouldn't bet on it. I would think the NFC and AFC North divisions would be as good or better.

Every division is tough but for some reason you nfc east guys think your division is special. Just because you once were good doesn't mean you're good now....it just means you're living in the past because you're no longer relevant. I hear the same BS from the 9er guys. Oh...yeah.....9ers owned us when they were in our division and we had a terrible record against them. What those same guys fail to mention is we've now beaten them 8 out of the last 10 meetings and currently have 6 in a row on them. They forget about that I guess and prefer to throw around 20 year old stats.
    Save your history rebuttal for the history dwellers...there's got to be a Dallas fan in this thread somewhere.
    Last edited by Blakbird24; 01-10-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

The Super Bowl is ONE GAME. There are 18 others in any given season that a single team can play. You have to win alot of those OTHER GAMES to even get to the super bowl. If your knowledge of football, and judgement of teams is based on super bowl wins, you are omitting alot of facts from your judgements. Furthermore, thanks to the "seed method", the super bowl winning team quite often isn't actually the strongest team in a given season.

...just as what I said has NOTHING to do with where the teams stand in the league. NOTHING.

OK, let's get a few things straight.

First - i'm not now, nor have I ever been an "NFC East guy". I simply live in the heart of their market, so I get alot of news about the teams, ergo, I know alot about them. My affinity ends there. It's not "my division".

Second - You are completely, utterly, totally clueless if you really think the NFC east "sucks year in and year out".

Third - Just because I said that the NFC East is tough, that doesn't automatically mean that i'm saying every other division sucks. I wouldn't even say that the NFC is historically the strongest division. It could be, but I wouldn't bet on it. I would think the NFC and AFC North divisions would be as good or better.

Save your history rebuttal for the history dwellers...there's got to be a Dallas fan in this thread somewhere.
    I am a Dallas fan, most people in this thread probably know that too. And I will state it again, the NFC east is a joke these days.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I had a big reply typed out......decided to just go with this instead.

Last edited by 0rion; 01-10-2012 at 07:35 PM.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    ...the NFC east is a joke these days.
    I wouldn't dispute this statement.

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

Take into account the AFC West here. The teams finished 8-8, 8-8, 8-8, 7-9. That doesn't make them "good" or a "tough division".

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Sunday yet?

red
    95 Z28

It was awesome to see Denver send Shittsburgh packing. I think the Pats definitely have the edge next week, but I'm hoping Denver can keep it close. They'll need to eliminate the mistakes and turnovers completely though if they want to be in it. Between the Denver win and LSU taking it up the ass, this was an awesome football weekend. Only thing that could have made it better would have been the Saints losing.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by LgndKller20073 View Post
    Take into account the AFC West here. The teams finished 8-8, 8-8, 8-8, 7-9. That doesn't make them "good" or a "tough division".
    I would also agree with this statement. Though I question what it has to do with anything I was saying.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    It was awesome to see Denver send Shittsburgh packing. I think the Pats definitely have the edge next week, but I'm hoping Denver can keep it close. They'll need to eliminate the mistakes and turnovers completely though if they want to be in it. Between the Denver win and LSU taking it up the ass, this was an awesome football weekend. Only thing that could have made it better would have been the Saints losing.
    please refer to the post 4 above yours........... I think Denver can keep it close.......if you consider 20 points close.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Pats>Den
    NYG>GB
    NO>SF
    Balt>Hou

IMO its either going to be the Giants or the Saints taking it to the house this year.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

IMHO, NE will wipe the floor with Denver..

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Giants...... ........Really, the Giants......

They fucking suck! WOW! Too much laughter

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post

giants are getting some love right now.....their D has been playing pretty good against the powerhouses of Dallas and Atlanta. They played GB to within 3 points in week 13 so people feel they have a shot in this game. IMO.....it'll be damn near a double digit win by GB. I would say somewhere in the neighborhood of 42-23 or something like that. They're gonna kill NY.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post

You're trying to jinx yourself, aren't you?

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information