Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
    There is plenty of time... and there are lots of companies that specialize in these cars still out there. It's an american dream... one of the very best.

Good luck !!!

My next dream - but, I will still drive the bird more I'm sure. I'd hate myself if someone else rearended her or something:

Click for full size

Might take a few years though ... The lauch control is out of this world !!!

I rather be wakeboarding SexyWS6Mama's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by brendan.9 View Post
    where, when, and why did you buy you a trans am?
    June 2002
    San Antonio TX
    Bought it for aggressive, curvy looks, not to mention power

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by beach cruiser View Post
    I actually bought mine for my wife to drive. (Sneaky huh?) When Huricane Isabelle (east coast) took out her DD, we took the insurance money and went car shopping. She said she wanted something more sporty than her Sebring, and I told her we'll never buy a new car again. She drove 3000gt's Cobra Mustangs, Camaros, ect... every sport car you can think of. The moment she sat in the T/A she knew that's what she wanted. Just not that particular car. So I told her that we would find one just like she wanted and that we would get one that someone else would want to buy later when she was tired of it. So I found on Auto Trader a Mint NBM 2000 WS6 6 speed and that's the end of the story... Almost, She graduated up to a Vette, and I got the hand me down TA!
    im curious what you were driving while your wife was cruising a WS6? Cuz i wouldnt be able to handle that

white
    1998 ws6 trans am

I bought my 98 WS6 last summer. I sold my blowthrough mercury capri so I could by some modern muscle. I went shopping for mustangs (Cobra, 05 3 valve) when I came across my 98 at a little dealership when I stopped to check out an 05 Mustang. I could see it had SLP exhaust so I went over to take a look. The dealer said it was sold but showed me the car anyway. He showed me the carfax and the upgrades list and I was really interested. The price was right but as I said it was sold. A couple weeks later I drove by the lot to find the car was still there. The deal had fell through so I took it for a test drive and bought it. The car has a full BMR suspension, AFR heads, 42# injectors, LS6 intake, SLP headers, Comp Com, and HP tuner. The car is fun to drive and grabs alot of attention, more than nay mustang I have had. Not the easiest car to work on but a lot of fun.

Red, Black
    98 T/A M6, 79 T/A 6.6L

Jet Black
    1999 Trans Am

I bought my 99 TA from a friend who had it sitting in his body shop for about two years, they were using the car as break room(they start it up turn on the ac and take naps in it).So one day i asked what's up with the TA,he says man i dont have the time to invest it i asked if wanted to sell he yea(remember he's my friend)he sold it to me for $2500 it only had 60k and ran great(it needed interior,paint and alot of TLC)

The Baddest Astro Driver FreeBird89's Avatar

Fadeing Grey
    1994 Chevy Astro Van

Still trying to get my hands on one. But been inside one and it was fast, scared me for sure.

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

i bought mine because
    a-they are badass
    b-great gas mileage for something so powerfull
    c-they are so badass !!!

Black
    1998 Trans Am

^ Agree with the gas mileage. It gets 8 more mpgs than my old dodge.

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

im actually huntin another one.

Midnight Blue
    2001 WS6 TRANS AM

Looked at vette's... too many people own them. Then looked at mustangs, too slow. Then Looked at Camaro, interior was bery poorly assemled.. In winter of 02 picked up the 01 ws6 for 17,000 with only 3,000 miles on it... couldnt turn it down..

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by tiny47 View Post
    Looked at vette's... too many people own them. Then looked at mustangs, too slow. Then Looked at Camaro, interior was bery poorly assemled.. In winter of 02 picked up the 01 ws6 for 17,000 with only 3,000 miles on it... couldnt turn it down..
    both of mine had high miles but i bought em a lot less then 17g,s.really its probably like you got a new car.my 99 just got totalled so im tryin to find another ws6 with lower miles or not !

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

i was about 10 or 11 when i was sitting on the computer after school and i heard this sound like rumbling thunder appear outside. i looked out and there was my brother in this car he just bought. i never heard anything like it before. he took me for a ride and i was hooked! this 1985 trans am changed my life. from there on i was into cars and wanted my own trans am. i got out of high school and had 2 v6 firebirds. finally i got my 1st trans am with nitrous, heads and cam, hooker headers, and some laughing gas that powered it to 11.7's. then i had a 97 t-top with 6 speeds of freedom. red on tan leather, that was a sweet car! now they are gone and i have a crappy ass truck im stuck with. i saw the ls1 commercials when they came out and always wanted one of them, but with a child and more to come, that day will have to wait. now i turn my attention to a GTP to fill my speed needs and room for a growing family

black
    98 ws6

I don't know remember how old I was when the commercial for the new trans am came out. The one where the car eats the red car at the stop light. I couldnt get that out of my head. I bought a 89 Camaro when I was 16. Then I bought an 88 Mustang GT, then I got rid of them and got a lifted Z71. I looked for three years before I found the perfect car. My dad said that that car will never leave the family and it wont.

I guess I never answered. My main reasons, which made it the best known option:
    Affordable
    Looks good
    Physical comfort
    Should retain value well

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

Couldn't afford a Corvette.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldcuffs View Post
    Couldn't afford a Corvette.
    Probably, if being totally honest, most of us would say that.

black
    98 ws6

to be totally honest I think that the trans am looks a lot better than the vette. It almost looks like its moving even when it isnt, thats why i love it so much

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Simple it's the last breed of muscle cars

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I bought my first one (on #4 now) in 2004 in Killeen Texas. I had a Ford Probe GT at the time and always loved the Trans Ams. I saw a 2000 M6 on the front of the lot and test drove it and loved it. I actually had been looking at the GTO's at the time and the Trans Am just felt faster and looked better. I left the delership after they tried selling it to me at an outrageous price, they called me back a week later and knocked 5K off the price and I went and picked it up.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information