Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I wonder how people would feel about our military if a force ever landed on our ground???

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan
    If they wanted it they would be trying to get it right now. That means working with each other instead of blowing each other up. Iraq is going to get ugly, i predict a civil war (some say it's already started) and the country will be split up in the end to a couple different countries that will just invade each other for the next 6000 years.

That's just my opinion.
    There has always been someone in power that has prevented even the thought of democracy.

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by Capster78
    There has always been someone in power that has prevented even the thought of democracy.
    Open an american history book lately?

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Open an american history book lately?

Are you serious. Your going to tell me that our little problems with democracy here in the states compare with what their going thru overseas. When I hear people complain about our system I just wana slap the shit out of them. Sure, its not perfect. It never will be. Its run by people and people are far from perfect. People are greedy, especially in the kind of enviornment we are in where its every man for himself basically. So how perfect can you expect it to be? Does that mean we should not always try to make it better, of course not. We have the ability to do that and that is what makes our system better than anyone elses.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

so we win because we have the cleanest dirt????America gets into a war/battle about ever 10 years or so. You call that a good record..??

Mexican killed my car

Are you serious. Your going to tell me that our little problems with democracy here in the states compare with what their going thru overseas.
    You didn't get the point i was making.

I asked if you had opened an American history book lately because we were once ruled by a king. We wanted to be free of that so the people stood up and took care of it. If the people of the middle east wanted democracy they would be standing up also. Even the places that do have democracy over there are full of people who vote religious nuts and our enemies into power. Example, Hamas and a brand new pro-iranian iraq government.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

You didn't get the point i was making.

I asked if you had opened an American history book lately because we were once ruled by a king. We wanted to be free of that so the people stood up and took care of it. If the people of the middle east wanted democracy they would be standing up also. Even the places that do have democracy over there are full of people who vote religious nuts and our enemies into power. Example, Hamas and a brand new pro-iranian iraq government.
    Yes and if you had read the history books you would realize it was more a religious war than anything else. It was the aboloshment of christianity that caused them to come here and create the united states. It was one group of guys fighting for the freedom of religion and various tax rights, not 5-6 groups that will never agree with each other fighting for that same right. They are afraid that if one group gains control of the country there will be a mass genocide of the other groups. This has happend back and forth in that part of the world for thousands of years. Someone needed to step in and smooth things out before someone got ahold of a nuke or Chemical weapons. Then we would have a real problem. There is no "one" group of people that can resolve this over there. If we are having such a hard time sustaining the peace over there what makes you think the people could do it themselves?

Mexican killed my car

If we are having such a hard time sustaining the peace over there what makes you think the people could do it themselves?
    They can't. These people can not think for themselves yet.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

which is the best reason we should not be over there . Nothing is going to solve this.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
    which is the best reason we should not be over there . Nothing is going to solve this.
    It can be solved. It's just a slow and painfull process.

Prety crappy attitude if you ask me. There are alot of things in the past that were thought of as unsolvable. You dident see thouse people just tuck tail and run. They were persistant and eventually it paid off. That just unamerican if you ask me. You think we diden't think the english were unbeatable? Did we just say fuck it and give up?

You see, they think that we are a bunch of pussies here in America. That is why they send insurgents after us. They think if they kill a few americans we will just tuck tail and run. Then the country can fall back into the hands of insurgents. War lords can make millions of $$ off the countries oil while the people live in poverty and fear. Little problems then turn into bigger problems. Someone gets a big head and decides they want more than just iraq and starts Invading Iran and then Jordan, or Israel. Thats the type of people we are dealing with. We have learned from several conflicts in the past that preventativness is the best policy. Attack in the early stages of a problem, saves lives in the end.

Alot of americans just cant see this. We only see the short term and never look at the big picture.

Mexican killed my car

It can be solved. It's just a slow and painfull process.

Prety crappy attitude if you ask me. There are alot of things in the past that were thought of as unsolvable. You dident see thouse people just tuck tail and run. They were persistant and eventually it paid off. That just unamerican if you ask me. You think we diden't think the english were unbeatable? Did we just say fuck it and give up?
    You can not break the will of religous nuts.

Years and years and years of bad foreign policy has given us this problem with the middle east. It is not going to be solved by killing some islamic wacko because he has two sons that just saw the great white devils kill daddy. So now these kids have not only lost their father because of america, but his wacko preacher is telling him that we are infidels and to blow himself up in an american city so he can get 72 virgins in heaven.

We can not win the middle east as long as islam is under control and trying to convert them all as christians will make it the crusades part 2 and that will just piss them off more.

Peace there will not happen in the lifetimes of our children.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

It will end just like Nam... We will have to leave with our tail between our legs. The US wont step up and do the right thing. They will just send enough troops to keep the war going

Mexican killed my car

It will end just like Nam... We will have to leave with our tail between our legs. The US wont step up and do the right thing. They will just send enough troops to keep the war going
    You can't make someone like you by way of force. It all comes down to the people. South Korea is a good example of this. We have a shitload of people there protecting these people and now the south is starting to work with the north more and more and the people of the south are starting to say we are the cause of most of the problems in the region.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

what do you think will happen to our little war in the East if Korea really heats up???

Mexican killed my car

what do you think will happen to our little war in the East if Korea really heats up???
    Korea isn't going to heat up.

What i mean is we are not going to invade/bomb korea anytime soon.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

maybe. what I mean is I KNOW we are not going to try to fight 2 wars at the same time....Right????

maybe. what I mean is I KNOW we are not going to try to fight 2 wars at the same time....Right????
    What did you call Iraq + Afghanistan?
    Germany + Japan?

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

well Germany and Japan we did not fight alone , and the country felt differint about that war

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

but were are not fighting a person in the East we are fighting terroism. And We did not do so good against Korea the last time

but were are not fighting a person in the East we are fighting terroism. And We did not do so good against Korea the last time
    We had the entire Korean peninsula captured until the Chinese stepped in.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information