Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    What number with an X on the box are you referring to?

|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    04M6 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by rickssz View Post
    What number with an X on the box are you referring to?
    Looking at the box, turn it side-ways.
    A part number appears (provided it's the official DiabloSport Predator box).
    When reading the number, if an X appears in the begining of the 4-12 digit number (depending on whom you got the unit from), then you can be sure it's a new release, with the up-to-date software.

This is important. Also, if buying from a private seller, such as e-bay, you must be certain you get a unit that displays the 'Unlocked' message. A locked unit will do you know good.

The company offers excellent tech support and i'm sure if you called and asked, they would answer any question you have. The company's HQ is based in Boca Raton, Florida. But, they have no sales floor there. It's more of a corporate office.

1-877-396-6614
    That's the dirrect line to the Boca Raton office.
    If this post doesn't help, you should call. They can explain it better over the phone, maybe.
    Happy tuning.

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    what part of the tune you posted is for a 2004 GTO A4
    It's for a goat...

The portion of this tune I question is the idle;
    The PCM will over ride any changes to a idle with the Diablo.
    I tested it numerous times...
    When I first start the car, when its warm, the idle drops and then the PCM sez; NO, NO, NO I do not like this and overrides it.
    After that you can install the tune.
    You need to monitor your knock sensor, at the very bottom, as scroll through down monitoring/logging live data - thats the key as well as the O2 senors which need to be between .890 and .910.
    That is a shot in the dark (best to take it to a shop with a sniffer)

To change the idle you need to use other software (HPTuners/LS1Edit).
    You have to have access to specifc cells and the associate language/programing to change idle...there are 26 cells each running specific pieces/portions of the motor.

Therefore if you mod your vehicle and install a new cam you need to go to a Diablo supported shop or use other software so you can tune the idle and other specifics for driveability. You don't want to sit a light and have to slip into 'N' and rev the motor to hold an idle.

If you use a Predator, the shop will work with Diablo exhanging files to tune the vehicle, thus it's not a canned tune, it's vehicle specific because your using a wide band tuner (sniffer up the tail pipe to monitor a/f ratios)

There are folks on various sites that talk...

At the end of the day you can tune it yourself with software over and above Diablo (it will absorb all your time) or you can take it to a shop, get it done once and move on...
    Major mods to a motor will require tuning...either on the intake side or exhaust side.
    After that it's all about beating the tree huggers and gov...screw emissions. I'd just soon hear my tires screaming as I try to push my foot through the floor coming out of corner.

When Sarge posts to these threads, read closely as he knows what he is talking about...
    As he posted earlier, other websites have ball swingers - they talk tough typing...
    Ain't like the old days when it was face to face!
    Last edited by The Silver Goat; 07-12-2008 at 04:36 AM.

04M6 GTO

According to Diablo Sport, the Predator is capeable of setting idle speeds out-of-the-box.
    When you say you've tested this before, do you mean you've tested it with the Diablo unit, and it doesn't work?
    Or did you mean the car doesn't respond to analog idle settings?
    It's important that I know, because I plan on buying the unit this weekend. If I can't accomplish what I want to in one-fell-swoop, I may skip buying the unit all together.

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

I have a U7193 and can not change the idle.

Ask Diablo

Laser Blue Metallic
    2006 Monte Carlo SS

hmmm.. you should be able to adjust the Idle (+ 500rpm / -300rpm)...

what revision is your 7193 on?

04M6 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Goat View Post
    I have a U7193 and can not change the idle.

Ask Diablo
    Yeah, I don't understand completely, I don't think.
    DiabloSport says you -CAN- adjust idle speeds with the unit.
    To avoid any headaches, I suppose I will just try it and make a post after this weekend accordingly.

I plan on using the custom tune, as seen on page 1 of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
    This is accurate, as per a sales rep I spoke with this afternoon.
    Like I said, though - I'll Tune n' Test this weekend and maybe we'll help each other get fixed.

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

what revision is your 7193 on?
    I had one upgrade, the unit sez it can, but it's never held when I've tried to lower the idle...
    I'm probably an update behind as well.

I also through research had read it somewhere, but that was about a year half ago.
    I just had it dyno tuned at local shop using the predator and I'm going to have a new cam and heads installed. When I'm there this fall I'll ask the owner to upgrade it or check to see if I'm on the latest version.

I think they are the best thing since sliced bread - they can manage/handle most mods.
    Last edited by The Silver Goat; 07-13-2008 at 06:05 AM.

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

[QUOTE=ne0fiend;1551746]Yeah, I don't understand completely, I don't think.
    DiabloSport says you -CAN- adjust idle speeds with the unit.
    To avoid any headaches, I suppose I will just try it and make a post after this weekend accordingly.

I plan on using the custom tune, as seen on page 1 of this thread.

This is accurate, as per a sales rep I spoke with this afternoon.
    Like I said, though - I'll Tune n' Test this weekend and maybe we'll help each other get fixed.[/QUOTE

Let me know - if you can I may stop the local shop and have my upgraded.
    Monte knows these tools inside and out and if he is suspect of my statement I am more than likely to version/upgrade behind.

Laser Blue Metallic
    2006 Monte Carlo SS

Hey Silver... if you can copy the tune outta your car and email it to me, I can take a look at it and create you a custom tune with the rpm's set in it to where you want it.

although, I do know that the lower idle depends on how low you want to go, as the PCM only allows it to go only so low, otherwise it DOES override it... but I can look at the tune file and check that too...

how much lower were you trying to go??
    Last edited by 06MonteSS; 07-13-2008 at 06:26 AM.
    06MonteSS
    2006 Monte Carlo SS -- CAI, Poly mounts, STB's,
    Flowmaster Super 40's, Custom DiabLew Tune!
    Email: 06MonteSS@diablewtune.com

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

I appreciate the offer Monte, but I'm not sure how to down load the file and
    I do not think my suite of software will recognize a csv file.

Laser Blue Metallic
    2006 Monte Carlo SS

you don't need to read a csv file... I'm not talking about a data log - yours can't save log files anyway...

I'm talking about the actual tune file... I have the software necessary to open up and view the entire tune file itself, so don't worry about that...

if you hook up to your car, go to OPTIONS > TROUBLESHOOTING there should be a selection in there to READ EXTRA TUNE or READ CURRENT TUNE.... that will make a copy of the tune that's currently in your car.

then you use the latest version of DSDownloader to copy out the current tune from the predator and save it to your PC. Then you can email me that current tune file.
    Last edited by 06MonteSS; 07-14-2008 at 05:53 AM.

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

you don't need to read a csv file... I'm not talking about a data log - yours can't save log files anyway...

I'm talking about the actual tune file... I have the software necessary to open up and view the entire tune file itself, so don't worry about that...

if you hook up to your car, go to OPTIONS > TROUBLESHOOTING there should be a selection in there to READ EXTRA TUNE or READ CURRENT TUNE.... that will make a copy of the tune that's currently in your car.

then you use the latest version of DSDownloader to copy out the current tune from the predator and save it to your PC. Then you can email me that current tune file.
    The sled is in getting body work done, dents on the right rear q panel from the wifey opening her door... (3 right in a row), road rash on the nose & a scratch on the right front q panel from yours truely pushing it back into the garage after dusting it off. The Diablo is with it...

The Woodard Cruise here in Michigan is coming up and I want the sled to be perfect for this one.

I had Walsh Motorsports tune it. Mike knows who I'm talking about.
    331hp & 346 ft lbs of torque on a dynojet at his shop. My neighbor raced with Don's dad. I was trying to lower the idle to get a little shake going...ego.
    As soon as I get it back I'll try to down load the file.

As it stands today I fail a lean code over time (history) because I'm running it at 12.5 / 1 and as we know the the PCM doesn't like that over time. But it can't do anything about it given what I've done to the intake. If you recall I was the guy who had modified the MAF and was struggling for awhile to figure out why I was getting lean codes. Turns out the I didn't have a clamp tight enough and the sensors were dirty. I cut the screen out every where except right in front of the sensor so I could hold an idle. Cleaned it all up and secured all the clamps and I'm good to go.

I've had after market MAF's on other vehicles and they didn't work worth a $hit. I sat a lights trying to hold an idle so i can up with this bright idea...

But i can't drop the idle even 50 rpm...it does initially, but over time it goes right to 800-850...
    Last edited by The Silver Goat; 07-25-2008 at 05:56 PM.

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

Monte - Got the goat back today - just in time for a cruise three blocks from my house on a local main drag in michigan called telegraph.

She's beautiful - took her to a shop that does frame off restorations and mine was filler work...

any way i plugged the diablo in and i had the idle set to -300 (dee de deeee)
    if i recall my wife knocked on the window while I was tuning and she startled me... thus the bone head move and my thumb continued to press the back arrow.

I set the idle to -50 and went out on the cruise checking live data and at the lights she was at about 750...

Wanted you to know I had not forgotten...
    Thanks for the offer and I always appreciate your advise when it comes tuning

black
    2002 camaro z28

I have a basically stock 2002 z28 a4 . borla catback slp lid and high flow cats. I installed the diablo tune . Does anyone no how I could get a little more performance out of it by editing the fuel or spark. If so please advise . Thanks

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

Look through the pages of this thread - all sorts of advise. I've tried all the methods. By the seat of the pants with the wifey monitoring the read outs I got to 326 hp & don't recall the torque. I know this because I took her to a shop where I got the best results. If you know somebody = $200, if you're a walk in $300 - $400...

The results of my tune @ the shop were 331 hp and 345 on the torque on a dynojet which I think needed a little maintenance itself. those numbers are too high for a uncammed vehicle in my opinion...

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

Hey Silver... if you can copy the tune outta your car and email it to me, I can take a look at it and create you a custom tune with the rpm's set in it to where you want it.

although, I do know that the lower idle depends on how low you want to go, as the PCM only allows it to go only so low, otherwise it DOES override it... but I can look at the tune file and check that too...

how much lower were you trying to go??

Monte - never did get back to you - it was user error prior to my checking which mode I was attempting to reduce.
    I lowered my idle by 50 and it took. And I have vacuum leak somewhere which I can't isolate, thus I'm replacing all the sleeves for CAI and using a bottle of soapy water to find the leak.

Laser Blue Metallic
    2006 Monte Carlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2002blackz28 View Post
    I have a basically stock 2002 z28 a4 . borla catback slp lid and high flow cats. I installed the diablo tune . Does anyone no how I could get a little more performance out of it by editing the fuel or spark. If so please advise . Thanks
    gather some data and get your injector slope adjusted correctly so that your average LTFT's are in the 0 to -2 range...

here's info:

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...iewtopic&t=917

doing so will give you better throttle response, better acceleration, stronger/harder pull, and better mileage...

Laser Blue Metallic
    2006 Monte Carlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Goat View Post
    Monte - never did get back to you - it was user error prior to my checking which mode I was attempting to reduce.
    I lowered my idle by 50 and it took. And I have vacuum leak somewhere which I can't isolate, thus I'm replacing all the sleeves for CAI and using a bottle of soapy water to find the leak.
    aaaah, ok... cool...

well, at least ya figured it out... hahaha...

black
    2004 gto

sorry for sounding ignorant but if the purpose of getting a new low temp thermostat why would you raise the fan temps?

Thread Information