Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

So would this call for the engine to stagger how it is

Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

Possibly at idle- definately will cause a mess! Start by replacing that hose and close up the leak. Then you'll know if that is the cause of the stutter. I'd still look at replacing the PCV, but for diagnosis purposes just replace that hose for starters.

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

so does the pcv make the engine stagger a bit?

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

sorry for the double pst

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

It's a vacuum leak -- introduces unmetered air into the engine and cause issues by leaning out the air/fuel mixture. Rough idle, stumbling, popping, etc... all probable symptoms.

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

exactly its stumbles a bit it doesnt missfire i know for a fact, i have to replace that starter tho, and then do the pcv fix

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

my magnaflow ate it at the freeway today i punched it and i guess the backpressure together with the missing braked made the exhaust jiggle around and finally she decided to come lose and hit the floor and well huge dent in my tip luckly the muffler is ok but the tip look horrible. dnt have the money for a good 6 months to replace it i dnt wana just let the car sit there but what can i do..maybe someone has a spare magnaflow tip they can donate or something i dont know, i have been fixing so many things on her lately cus the previous owner didnt know how to take care of it so this 18 year old boy in college buys her to try to restore her and well im hitting alot of obstacles...

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

here is a pic not very good one thos

this incident pretty much put me down...hate it whent hings liek this happen.

Bright Red

Sorry to hear about that- it's always the little things that can pile up to be one heaping pile of crap. You just have to make the most out of the crap you're dealt. My philosophy- if it breaks that's my chance to improve it! My suggestion: hold off replacing it for now. Just get the car running nicely and save up for a set up tips you really like. Keep your eye out for something to show up on eBay- you're not in any rush but you need to focus on getting your ride running great again!

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

amen to that one, im not the downer type of person just got to me there for a bit cus im puttin all into this project, and well i kinda shook it off im outside right now just straighten up the tip i have fixing to put the exhaust back on tighten it until my muscle pops out of my arm and get it going i will do the pcv fix this weekend have her back in shape do a little tune up then maybe take her to get tuned and move on

Bright Red

BTW- I know how you feel. Every time I turn around there's something else that could have been taken care of and avoided but the previous owners of my car just let them go. I've got a door panel separating that I have to fix that should have been fixed long before it became and issue! I've replaced a clutch, rebuilt the rear end, done the brakes, and now I'm about to do the exhaust (would have waited even longer but a crushed Y pipe and a leak are driving me nuts). I just look at mine as my "Rescue Bird." Good luck!

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

yea i exactly knwo what u mean mine had a horribly tranny, i checked the fluid and well guess what, no fluid, ac was messed up..the dor sills are still bad, the doors had alot of stuff missing on the inside, ac vents gone, more to name now it looks decent inside working on performance.

Bright Red

Almost sounds like we bought the same car!

I don't like trying to one-up anyone, but I have the one-up story to top all-

So, I'm driving my car home after handing the guy the cash for the car, doing about 70 on a highway with a median that has a 15 foot ditch between the two lanes. As I'm listening to the grinding of the rear end (sounded much like a semi truck was sitting in the back seat), I notice how loose the tilt column is. I shake it ever so slightly and the friggin' STEERING WHEEL comes off IN MY HANDS. So there I am, traveling 70 mph, steering wheel in my lap, ruining the only pair of underwear I had with me and the car starts to drift into the median- remember, the median with the nice, gradual 15ft ditch? Knowing full well that if I slam on the brakes I'll have no way of controlling the direction the car decides to go, I slowly press the brakes, let traffic pass, and finally get the steering wheel back on as I begin my desent into the ditch. As I hit the bottom, I cut the wheel sharp, gun it and power slide all the way back up the other side where I come to rest nicely facing the opposite direction and sitting on the inside lane. I pick up the phone and call the guy I had just bought the car from and say: "Guess what just happened?" He offered to buy the car back and was extremely apologetic. Guy was white as a ghost when I showed up and all he could say is "I had my kids in that thing." Needless to say, upon further inspection we noticed that the steering wheel nut was MISSING- yes, removed, no longer there, gone. He gave me a ton of parts, we called it even and I kept the car... I really just wanted a clean pair of drawers. :-)

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

holly crap dude doesnt top my story but what happend to me is i actually bought it from a DEALERSHIP!!! supposibly the car underwhent 18 points or i dnt even remember of inspection well i was driving in the highway going about 85 next thing you knwo a loud pop, the rear end broke off the tranny blew and locked it self in reverse some how so there i am 17 just got my car skidding down the highway, i walk my way to the damn dealership they tell me car was fine when i left i was liek bs i need to talk to the owner of this place so i do i explain to him guess what he does writes me a 1000 dollar check i leave and take my car to a shop they negotiate in puttin in a new tranny for 1000 and here she is now with the magnaflow back on

Bright Red

We did buy the same car!

Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

If you are gettin headers I would recommend gettin stage 8 locking header bolts. Helps out A LOT. Did yours not come with new copper gaskets?

Bright Red

I've put Stage 8's on four different cars and love them. Cutlass posted a pic of the Stage 8's in this post that shows that the locks don't reach some of the pipes, so it defeats the purpose for the middle locks. I bought a set of Percy's split bolts to test out- I'll let you know how those work out.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by bberretta View Post
    I've put Stage 8's on four different cars and love them. Cutlass posted a pic of the Stage 8's in this post that shows that the locks don't reach some of the pipes, so it defeats the purpose for the middle locks. I bought a set of Percy's split bolts to test out- I'll let you know how those work out.

I installed Stage 8's on my Kooks back in February. I either bent or ground the tang slightly so that I could give it just a bit of a turn past 18 ft-lbs and then back it up to make good contact with the header. I was worried about all the little clips rattling on the headers.

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

well guys brand new starter and no crank still could it be that the alternator is messed up whats going on? its still just there sitting :s

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Did you test or swap out the starter relay?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information