Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 51525414243444546474849 ... LastLast
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Good man....

silver
    1998 town car

Hi Sarge, glad you are back with us, just came off a 1200 mile run in my lincoln and couldn't ask for a better running car. Still using tcw3 synthetic oil mixture and engine is smooth as silk and mileage is great....over 3000 miles on oil and it is as clean as the day I changed it, so this tells me your formula with tcw3 really works to keep an engine clean and running great. I use Pennzoil Platinum synthetic 5-20, what my engine calls for......

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Thank you for your input Mr. Burnett. Many people have to adjust the dosage to fit their particular motor/driving habits. 1oz to 5 gallons seems to be the "average" sweet spot though.
    Last edited by Sarge; 12-25-2010 at 04:27 AM.

96 Dodge Ram 1500 sport

MERRY CHRISTMAS morning all !!
    We have a white one here in Southern illinois.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You also............

Black
    2002 Z/28

What does the Pennzoil MarineĀ® Full Synthetic Ultimate Protection bottle look like?

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by prater_1 View Post
    What does the Pennzoil MarineĀ® Full Synthetic Ultimate Protection bottle look like?
    big, filled with fluid, has a lid, and a handle if you buy the big jugs

long and strong Willfully Armed's Avatar

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Ding Dong , muthafucka, Ding Dong!

Black
    2002 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Willfully Armed View Post
    Thanks for the info guys it really helped!

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by prater_1 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys it really helped!
    yea let me know if you need anything else

silver
    1998 town car

The 1 gallon size is a big yellow bottle clearly showing pennzoil synthetic marine oil...Got mine at Walmart about $26.00...Expensive compared to the other brands, but well worth the difference in price...Make sure ut us marked TCW3......

White over Blue
    94 Mustang GT Convertible

For you Wis. and min-e-sno-tah residents, Fleet farm stores have both a low and high priced spread of the TC-W3. Did not try it as I'm working off the Valvoline right now. May try the Pennzoil version - even tho I don't much like the company.

long and strong Willfully Armed's Avatar

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by Willfully Armed View Post
    suede, thats an hommage to your avatar, should be what line he saying at the time of the pic.....kinda hoping youd pick up on that......

Blue
    1999 Kawasaki 500

Greetings all from the UK

After reading all about the addition of 2 stroke oil to your fuel I gave it a try on my motorcycle. Its a parallel twin with separate CV carbs. No fancy injection or anything.

I cant offer any scientific data but one thing is very obvious, the mpg has improved. I get an extra 3 or 4 mpg. Also after a couple of tanks of fuel the idle was higher and I had to adjust it down. After the summer I removed the head and there is very little carbon anywhere. There is a very light film of oil to the upper surface of the piston and walls. Its not visible but when you wipe your finger over its definitely an oil film. Plugs are the cleanest I have ever seen them.

TC-W3 is available over here but its mainly sold as marine oil and has a high premium for some reason. The spec here to look for is JASO-FC or FD. Also ISO-L-EGC or D. This actually exceeds TC-W3 spec and has very high lube and ashless properties.
    You may have this stuff over there as the specs are international. People use it in diesel a lot to make up for the low sulphur content. Its reported to help mpg and lube all the HP pumps. It also cleans out all the crud and keeps the EGR clean. Safe for DPF as well.

Cheapest I could find was 'Ryobi' 2 stroke oil. It meets the JASO spec and is sold for brushcutters, chainsaws etc. You may have it over there.

I like the extra mpg and for me the benefit is in longevity of the engine with consistent performance. I also found that it keeps my carbs clean. I used to have some corrosion in the carbs with the odd stuck float needle now and again. Since using this oil its all clean as a whistle. I could have used dry fuel to combat this but the oil seems to do equally well.

Its all metric system over here. This means to use your correct ratios its 2ml of oil to every litre.

Nice one sarge

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Welcome. I lived in Windsor for many years myself. I know what beans and mash are I wish we ( The USA) could convert to metric....but as we all know...Americans are lazy and will not learn anything......it hurts our brains......
    Thank you for sharing your experiance and again welcome to the forum.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

And a add if I may. The key is to use a 2 stroke oil that is "ashless". Minimum of TCW3 rated. Now here is where folks get confused. TCW3 is a marine rating and not a automotive rating. TCW3 is a stringent raised bar that requires significant additives to pass. These additives are mostly for complete burn and cleanliness.
    So when we venture outside the marine rating structure it gets difficult to compare and insure we are using a similar product like the TCW3. So we stick with TCW3 as we know what it is. Here is a good read explaining TCW3............
    http://www.saltwatersportsman.com/ar...oke-Engine-Oil

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

It is that time of year when I would normally run a bottle of Chevron Techron through each of our cars -- especially as Chinazone now has it on sale 2 for the price of 1. As I have been faithfully running the TC-W3 regimen, is there any need to use a fuel system cleaner?

Blue
    1999 Kawasaki 500

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    And a add if I may. The key is to use a 2 stroke oil that is "ashless". Minimum of TCW3 rated. Now here is where folks get confused. TCW3 is a marine rating and not a automotive rating. TCW3 is a stringent raised bar that requires significant additives to pass. These additives are mostly for complete burn and cleanliness.
    So when we venture outside the marine rating structure it gets difficult to compare and insure we are using a similar product like the TCW3. So we stick with TCW3 as we know what it is. Here is a good read explaining TCW3............
    http://www.saltwatersportsman.com/ar...oke-Engine-Oil
    I took a look at that link, all very interesting stuff. I did a lot of trawling on the net before I decided on the JASO spec. One notable item I found was this http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=128249&page=1
    Its quoted from Spectro oils. I get your point about the ashless spec of TC-W3. In a liquid cooled car engine that revs low in comparison to a 2 stroke having an ashless detergent will prevent any gumming up. My bike revs pretty high so is able to keep itself clean. For car use I can see why TC-W3 is a must.

I do have some TCW3 which I use in my outboard engine. Might give some of that a try

Windsor eh.....very up market and posh.......

I fix American made aeroplanes for a living so oz, inches , quarts and us gallons are an every day thing for me.

Thanks for the welcome, not sure what I can contribute as compared to your American cars most of ours are powered roller skates in comparison. I wont tell you what car I drive, you will all laugh !!!
    Last edited by Spindizzy; 01-23-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    It is that time of year when I would normally run a bottle of Chevron Techron through each of our cars -- especially as Chinazone now has it on sale 2 for the price of 1. As I have been faithfully running the TC-W3 regimen, is there any need to use a fuel system cleaner?
    Sure...water in your gastank......TCW3 isnt going to do anything with water/moisture.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spindizzy View Post
    I took a look at that link, all very interesting stuff. I did a lot of trawling on the net before I decided on the JASO spec. One notable item I found was this http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=128249&page=1
    Its quoted from Spectro oils. I get your point about the ashless spec of TC-W3. In a liquid cooled car engine that revs low in comparison to a 2 stroke having an ashless detergent will prevent any gumming up. My bike revs pretty high so is able to keep itself clean. For car use I can see why TC-W3 is a must.

I do have some TCW3 which I use in my outboard engine. Might give some of that a try

Windsor eh.....very up market and posh.......

I fix American made aeroplanes for a living so oz, inches , quarts and us gallons are an every day thing for me.

Thanks for the welcome, not sure what I can contribute as compared to your American cars most of ours are powered roller skates in comparison. I wont tell you what car I drive, you will all laugh !!!
    You are talking to a guy that has two 6 foot roll-a-ways. One metric and one SAE
    Yeah...the lil old ladies in Windsor out "hat shopping" was about all the excitement we had. Of course when Her Majesty was there...the place changed a little with the press and all being in town.....pubs picked up a bit.
    Aircraft? I have a helicopter background.

Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 51525414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread Information