Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

Car is in garage still. Fuel pump assembly is off to Lonnies getting twin pumps installed in the bucket and also getting new lines, rails and reg and filter.
    Can't move car without fuel pump!

I also orded my dana 60 strange and its shipped and on the way.Usually they take months but mine was done in a week! 3.54 gears.

Ordered 4 inch pipe to replace the maf and switching over to speed density.

Local guy is supposed to buy my t56 and tex twin disc and when he gives me money on that will order my 4l80e. Just ordered harness to go from m6 to 4l80e. Only thing really left to get for 4l80 swap is shifter and pedals and pedals are optional.

So still hoping to have car running by beginning maybe if fuel system gets to me in week or so. So things are happening just not as quick as would have liked.

I am super hyper to drive the 99 again it was wicked the few weeks last year I did get to drive it before it went away for winter.

Trans Am owner
    former

are you gonna put a ratchet shifter in it? I would. it would make the car more fun to drive.

some guys use the b&M one for 3rd gens, and it fits pretty close, just take s alil adjustment apparently

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

No stock shifter. I am not putting in a manual valve body. So don't need to manually shift it . Hard to beat the computer for shifting especially when set up right in tuning.

I am pretty sick or six speeds. Had lots of 5 and 6 speed manuals and live in city and sick of them in traffic and sick of clutches,hydraulics,slaves and masters..sick of twin disc floater rattle,sick of factory shifter rattle.
    No more stick cars for me!

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Such a shame, i love my 6 speed. but i live in rural america... there are less than 10 stop lights in the 3 county area and they are all just stop then drive through.

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

awesome build, very nice job. But my dad is the same way, he's 50 now and says "ya know, if i ever get the money to buy another vette, its gonna be an auto, im gettin too old for driving a stick and it starts to hurt my knees and ankles after all the city driving" haha.

Onyx Black, M6
    2001 SS Convertible #4498

Need videos now!!!!

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

awsome build!!!!

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

Update for you guys.
    Been working on car hard for week or so now. Have my new Lonnies twin pumps installed and new fuel system is pretty much all in just have to tighten up a few fittings.
    The fuel system is good for 1000rwhp or so and has 8 an feed line, 6 an return, a nice billet fuel filter, big billet rails and boost referenced regulator.
    Also figured since close to what 60 pound injectors can do it was smart to upgrade. So also got 120 pound injectors ,low impedence with plug and play harness and aem conversion box.

Would have had car up and running but decided to also put on zex direct port nitrous system. Just fnished up installing it on my fast 90 intake and today working on think mounting bottle and running nitrous line to front of car.
    May wait a few days for fast burst kit to come in ,its safety setup and good idea I think.
    Then will install intake back on the car and fire it up. Unless decide to skip using the nitrous till get the burst kit and then can reinstall intake now . Switching over simultaneously to 3 bar speed density.

Installation of new strange dana 60 is going to wait a bit until do the 4l80e swap in a month or so as sold my t56,tex twin, old rear end and some other parts to local buddy with 2001 z28. Will be going to stage 5 FLT trans. Have yank PY3400extreme stall already and have everything but pedals for the m6 to 4l80e conversion.

Also going to be ordering an alc injection setup looking at an AIS trunk mount setup but not sure have room to install it so might have to go to front compartment type.
    Not sure if want to run meth or water/alc mix. Hearing pros and cons for each.

Here are couple pics of stuff.

New dana 60 and my fast with the zex direct port installed.
    Have to shorten driveshaft so waiting until do 4l80e to install the strange.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

jesus man you looking for 1K rwhp? sounds like you'll be well above it!

Steve

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

Yeah should easily be able to hit 1000rwhp with spray and boost combos. Actually think nitrous shots act bigger on fi engines. so a 100 shot might act like a 150 shot. But yeah the direct port can do like 300 hp and the turbos can do like 1000 hp but thats engine hp max potential unless as said the combined effect would give a bit more. Main reason not going past 1000rwhp is even though my 408 is all forged up its still just a 408 iron block and nothing fancy done to block like no concrete in it type of stuff,girdles..just arp mains and callies crank,rods, wisecos, good piston pins. So not sure how much it would take past 1000rwhp. I think much past 1000rwhp time for lsx block which is what would do if ever do another motor and would likely go 427 or 454 or something.But that would be so crazy ,car is already crazy.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

good luck hooking all that is all i can say.

from what I've read Nitrous is almost exponential in a boosted application. It's one of those amazing things that happens. as it cools the charge even more ...... Talk about a tuning nightmare will make a man out of the tuner for sure hehehe.

good luck can't wait to see how it all comes out!

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

I realize likely only going to hook when runnin et street radials or m and h street radials which are my two tire choices but not sure want to run them 24/7. I am also looking into getting a racelogic traction control ,buddy may make me up a custom harness for it.They use them in things like twin turbo vipers and many other exotic cars. Remember the vipers have no factory traction control at all.Its a variable system really neat check out racelogic site.
    As for tuning yeah could be a a bit challenging but nitrous is frequently combined with turbos in the dsm community where you use the spray to spool up large laggy turbos.

I just want to hit 1000rwhp from mix of spray and boost as eventual goal. But 800rwhp is fine for now with current turbos. So get say 700 out of them at think 10 to 12psi and add on difference in spray. Or even run the turbos at 650 rwhp maybe 8psi baby boost as that 125 shot might even give 800rwhp the way they combine.

Later on would go bigger on turbos rather than increase shot I think. Nitrous is multi purpose on the car,it should be good for car shows, it looks intimidating as hell ,more so with the purge kit I have for it and it can instant spool turbos and supercool the mixture. Used properly with all safety measures ,full throttle switch, window switch, etc it can be safe and engine is fully forged crank,rods, pistons.
    Last edited by 99TAWS6; 05-11-2009 at 07:18 AM.

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

msd window switch for ntrous

full throttle nitrous switch is under vac manifold.

ebay billet vacuum manifold

aem low impedence injector box mouted beside rad on drivers side.

lingenfelter two step mounted up

Zex nitrous and fuel solenoids on passenger head. Need to order some longer lines from drivers side distribution block.

Zex bottle all mounted up with lines run.

Fast intake mocked up on car pre injector install.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

A lot of money in this build.

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

Having major problems with car. It won't go down on pulsewidths and it loads up and runs crappy can't take it anywhere idle goes pig rich. Got good local tuner to work on it with no luck really. Can't get these 120s to idle down can't figure out how to get the pulsewidths down on hptuners. Am thinking to give up on the 120s and go to 60s again but they are bit small, 80s would be better but not sure how they run being high impedence if these low impedence injectors dont' want to work how can 80 high work?

Anyone out there run the new 80s with hptuners or big 120s like mine? I need to know some tuning secrets.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 99TAWS6 View Post
    Having major problems with car. It won't go down on pulsewidths and it loads up and runs crappy can't take it anywhere idle goes pig rich. Got good local tuner to work on it with no luck really. Can't get these 120s to idle down can't figure out how to get the pulsewidths down on hptuners. Am thinking to give up on the 120s and go to 60s again but they are bit small, 80s would be better but not sure how they run being high impedence if these low impedence injectors dont' want to work how can 80 high work?

Anyone out there run the new 80s with hptuners or big 120s like mine? I need to know some tuning secrets.
    Frost would be the guy on here to ask that. send him a pm and see if he can help you

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

I have had this intermittent cam sensor problem since last fall but car got put away for winter. changed out came sensor recenlty but not the problem is still back and not intermittent.Side effects besides worse starting include tach going dead and the car goes into batch fire mode instead of sequential.Think that is why can't run the 120s right now. So will try to fix the cam sensor problem and then see how the 120s run and if they still don't tune easily get some 80s most likely or even run my 60s for awhile and push them hard if necessary with my adustable fuel reg.

Sunset Orange
    2001 Procharged Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    Frost would be the guy on here to ask that. send him a pm and see if he can help you

Frost is one of the best tuners out there.......give him a call and see what he can do to help you.

Nice build!!
    01 SOM SS D-1SC Tuned by Steve: TunedByFrost.com

FQuick Garage 764 rwhp / 645 tq

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

What kind of fuel rails are those?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information