Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by getcha01 View Post
    you guys are all dorks...if the vettes have done what you have done you would get ate trust me....come here to saint louis, gateway internation raceway, so we can meet I will show you some real LS1 owners, they would never get on a website and try to make people think a stock Z28 is going to outrun a stock WS6...maybe in the 1998-2000 model years but not after that....and you cant keep up with vettes either man im sorry....they all have LS1 or LS6 but the small things that make a Z06 so much faster than a stock vette is the same reason a WS6 is so much faster than a stock T/A.......my boys here in illinois will show you a few things...how about my buddys dads 69 corvair its in the sept super chevy magazine for consistantly running 12.0X....it has went 12.80 and its a stock LS1 with the right suspension and its a corvair on a monte frame with LS1 with stock vette heads and 4:11 gears...and hmmm my other buddy that drives his 10 second 99 T/A 30 miles to the track and back home...and my buddy with a low 11's T/A WS6....01 I might add with a 6 spd, and still has stock coils...come getcha some...and my best friend has a 78 malibu wagon with a LT1 that runs 11.20's....okay thank.........
    Your on fire man! If you read closely no where did I say I could beat a modded corvette, I did say my modded camaro will beat on stock corvettes. Stock for stock duh a corvette will win, yes a hardtop can keep up with a ws6 or a ss, and a corvette z06 has a different motor than a regular corvette so yeah there is an actual difference in power, f-body's have the same motor and a catback with a ram-air doesn't make that big of a difference if at all especially in the quarter. I don't care about your other cars and what they do. I was talking about a modded camaro beating stock vettes, and hardtops (which way less) can keep up with your guchi ss or ws6.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by getcha01 View Post
    The hood just makes it look bad as H$%&.....why do the WS6 and the formula and T/A in 01 and 02 have atleast a half second difference with same drivers consistantly....and thats not true about all LS1 had the LS6 intake....it was just WS6 and SS....get a buddy that works as a mechanic at a gm dealer he will know everything about them...you did NOT run under 13.6 no chance in hell with ur stock car dude, you are really wacked out....the fastest stock F-body documented went 12.890 and it was a 02 WS6....with drag radials people tell me I will go 12.70-80's right now....I would race anyone you know with a stock Z28 or T/A for $1200 right now haus....your cars are bad im not saying that, but there has been documented races with WS6 vs the vette in magazines and were trying to figure out how the WS6 was so close...you are wacked out...ive never read anywhere a z28 or t/a is faster than a WS6 or SS until you 2 wack jobs....
    all 01 and 02's came with the ls-6 newb do some research.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

My WS6 hood is worth how much HP again? Somebody please tell me.

At least I can spell things correctly LOL...this thread is funny, people who can't spell getting in a fight on the web...those who cannot spell "wright" please tell me how to spell basic words, or how to spell hyphenated words. Thank you. Maybe I spelled "hyphenated" wrong, please get your panties all in a bunch and correct me.

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
    I don't think you are getting it. He's not saying a Z28 is faster than an SS or a WS6 T/A. He's saying there isn't much of a difference unless you are talking about the A4 cars. All A4 WS6 and SS cars got the 3.23 gears and had a slight advantage over the 2.73 geared cars.

All 2001 and up LS1 engines were made with the LS6 intake. All WS6 cars had a higher lift under the air cleaner than any other F-body, and there is a slight advantage to that. About 10% of the 01 cars had the LS6 block and about 60% of the 02 cars had the LS6 block. For 03 all LS1 motors for the Vette used the LS6 block.

I've owned a 2001 red Z28, a 2002 Pewter Z28 and now just bought a 2002 white Z28, all A4's. The 01 dyno'd at 298 stock. The 02 Pewter car was a bit of a freak and dyno'd at 318 stock and 335 with a catback, tune and lid. The guy that did the work on the car typically got 340-345 from cars with headers so the 335 is strong.

For the record, 01 Z28 ran 13.8 at 103 bone stock.

My 02 Pewter car ran 13.6 at 104 in mid 80's with high humidity. That was at an SVToA event with a bunch of new 03 Cobras and they were running 13.4-13.7. So bone stock my car was running with Terminator Cobras.

My 02 white car ran 13.54 at 104 with decent weather a couple weeks ago.

Oh there is also no dyno difference between an SS and a WS6. They do dyno slightly higher than stock Z28's and T/A's thanks to their better flowing exhausts.
    See you make a lot more sense....they are close, they are going to be close because its the same motor, the SS and WS6 just had extras and it wasnt to make them slower...he told me a hardtop Z28 LS1 stock, no specific year, would beat any WS6 or SS...all I ever read about is how much of a freak some of them WS6's were, thats why I got the car...people that had T-types always said bad shit about grant naationals and said the t type was faster because it was more plain bla bla bla, same thing about the fox body mustangs...LX was faster than GT because it was lighter...its al just people pissed off because they didnt get the best...im pissed off at all vettes, they mop our asses and 01 and 02 WS6 beats all Z28's and T/A's and most people say the WS usually beats the SS for some unknown reason

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    all 01 and 02's came with the ls-6 newb do some research.
    how am I a newbie you dorky ass computer fag, ur prolly ugly as hell and cant even find a decent looking woman, why would you get on here so much????? I'll compare girls with any of u guys too you pussy's....dont get ur information online....people like "me" could be telling you what you see about this or that....I have a very close friend that is a mechanic for GM you retard, he tells me shit that is way way different than what you all say...I was told that all 01 and 02 had LS6 intake...he laughed and told me quit lookin on the internet.....he said not even all WS6's and SS's got them even and no Z28 or T/A ever got them...they just did away with the EGR...I know a lot, I just dont get kicks out of getting on here telling people they are wrong...if u think im wrong let me be wrong who cares dude...the 01 and 02 WS6 stock put out the best dyno numbers and Quarter mile numbers out of all F-bodys even SS....some WS6's broke into 12's stock, and I seen 1 documented SS that broke in 12's stock........like the other guy says the 01 Z28 ran 13.8 stock......thats about right and I beleive with a good driver they can go 13.60's at best but a WS6 is going to run 13.60 missing 3rd gear.....sooooo how about F$%& off you fag...I get on here to mix people opinions with what my buddy from GM says, and I hate to say it but he is always right....so good luck convencing people ur plain jane is gonna blow away the bad bird stock....WAFI.......what a fu#King idiot....

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Your on fire man! If you read closely no where did I say I could beat a modded corvette, I did say my modded camaro will beat on stock corvettes. Stock for stock duh a corvette will win, yes a hardtop can keep up with a ws6 or a ss, and a corvette z06 has a different motor than a regular corvette so yeah there is an actual difference in power, f-body's have the same motor and a catback with a ram-air doesn't make that big of a difference if at all especially in the quarter. I don't care about your other cars and what they do. I was talking about a modded camaro beating stock vettes, and hardtops (which way less) can keep up with your guchi ss or ws6.
    No them year Z06 was still based on the LS1 you idjet....it had LS6 heads and cam which wasnt that big like .525 inch 212 duration......a SS and a WS6 is built better for strip and track man what do you not get?....everyone that has a plainer janer says the same thing "the hood dont even do much for you"....dude you dont have a clue at all...okay my buddy that works at GM knows way more than any of you and if someone on here is a GM mechanic then back me up....there was never a free flowing exhaust, that was added because saying it had better heads wouldnt sell to customer....the better flow is in the heads on SS and WS6, and them heads make more power....look at a Z/28 and a WS6 the exhaust isnt different....it was in the heads and it was about a 10 rwhp difference...LS6 intake on most WS6's and SS's is worth 10 more rwhp...and thats it....the hood he says does give you about another tenth from all from the 330ft to the end.....and if you take the 20 more rwhp and the hood, and optional 3:42 gears and aluminum drive shaft, thats why a WS6/SS runs 5-8 tenths faster than the others....have a good day good bye you homo....all I was doing is try to talk to other T/A owners...I guess everyone is jeleous of the WS666666....I always WAS too...my buddys all try sayin shit about my car too, like I paid too much and bla bla bla until I took it to the track....have fun leave me alone

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Sounds like someone's been smoking the wrong kind of stuff. What a thread!

black
    1999 T/A

did you ever stop to think that gm rated the ss and ws6 higher horse power wise because it was an expensive option and people like you believe whatever the factory says? "GM quoted it as having more HP so it must" any one can tell you that they all dyno about the same + or - 10 hp.

Sidewayz Hat Police LS1TransHed's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

Ill even give him the benefit of the doubt... a WS6 or an SS or Firehawk "should" have a marginal (if that) advantage over a base Trans Am/Formula/Z28, but in no way can he say that all of them are faster. One LS1 can dyno at 270hp... another 300hp... another 320hp.. etc... so sure, if they had two cars that dyno'd the same exact numbers and shipped one to ASC to get the WS6 "performance package", it "should" be a tiny... tiny... tiny bit faster than the base LS1. But lets say u had one that dyno'd at 270hp that got shipped to ASC... and another that dyno'd at 310hp that stayed as a base model... the base model will be faster in that case... so in no way can all ASC and SLP modified cars be faster than all base LS1 F-Bodies.

But all in all... who cares? U spend thousands and thousands of dollars more for these WS6s, SS's and Firehawks.... and then if you modify them (like most of us do) you're going to be replacing/upgrading every single thing ASC or SLP put on these cars... essentially wasting money for absolutely no reason from the beginning other than to have a badge on your car. The only reason to even justify buying one in this case is just to say that you have a "true WS6/SS/Firehawk" and 90+% of the rest of us could careless about a weak factory performance package.

Now if you buy one and keep it stock, thats another story because you're not wasting money at that point... but not that many ppl are going to be impressed by your car at that point either.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

we need tech to settle this-things are getting ugly

Ray Charles blue

Man this thread is awesome!

The kid with the "bad bird" cracks me up.

Why is it though that people think the Corvette's IRS suspension takes away so much more power? It has a drive shaft, a differential, then two axles. Same as my GTO, same as my friends 99 T/A. Granted the T/A has a live axle. Like any car I saw one dyno at 286 and another at 302 and another at 317. All different years as well. Same with Camaro's, Firebirds, and GTO's.

Also the kid with the baddest bird on the planet..........Your friend who works for GM needs some assistance. I bet you dont know the differences in block from year to year either do you? Some can be honed out more than others. The cams are slightly different, and if I am not mistaken my friends 99 Z28 DID have the LS6 intake. Same as my boss's 01 vette. Oh and the ZO6 block is slightly different than the LS1 blocks of the time. But some did find themselves in to F-bodies. And the 243 on the heads indicated Z06 heads (or LS2) heads. The difference between those is just the valves. Oh and ALL 04 GTO's got LS6 blocks and intakes that replicate the 01 and up Vette engine.

I love retarded folks (not actually people with a handicap just morons).....Gives me something to laugh at. Now I dont claim to know it all but I am learning.

However in this thread I am picking the T/A over the Corvette. Stock vs Modded.

Vette has wider tires, automatic for launching, but less gears and cuts through the wind better and is lighter.

T/A is a live axle for launching, 6-speed, slightly modded.

If the T/A doesnt win I will be suprised, and I am a DIEHARD VETTE MAN!

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

i just want to thank everyone for actually speaking up and showing him how dumb he is really being.. this thread should be put on a sticky in the newbie forum! haha.. this is great....this is priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!

"NO base model 01-02 got an ls6 intake, and a select few ram air models got them... because my "GM guru friend" told me"

i have heard gm mechanics talk before............ they arent the brightest of the bunch.. ESPECIALLY when it comes to fbodies, they are just like the rest of the people, like you, that *wish they knew what the hell they were talking about..

o and getcha... you can compare your girl to my girl anytime you would like.. that my friend is another losing battle... i promise you that...

one more, im glad, like someone else said, that you paid 2-3 times more than i did for me car.... i will dust your ass.. all ill be seeing is a shiny little hood getting small REAL fast.... muhahahahaha! cant argue with that one my friend! so keep talking your stockish car up like anyone gives a shit... again.... noob...

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

My base 2001 Trans-AM came with an LS6 intake, block and clutch. I suppose that maybe I just don't have an intake block and clutch.

It's good to know that the 02 WS6 I had with the low restriction factory exhaust didn't have that either.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    My base 2001 Trans-AM came with an LS6 intake, block and clutch. I suppose that maybe I just don't have an intake block and clutch.

It's good to know that the 02 WS6 I had with the low restriction factory exhaust didn't have that either.
    sucks that proven info for the past 6 or so years was just broke in half in about 3 posts by this ls1 guru and his guru mechanic huh...

i know my heart has been broke that i didnt by a ws6... or a vette at that.. i want one SOOOOOOOO bad.... lmfao!!! riiight...

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I'm so happy I've been edicated now.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I'm so happy I've been edicated now.
    i was mad at first... but now that i know the truth.. i can finally lay my head down at nice and rest peacefully knowing that i will get smoked by ss's, ws6s, and vettes... just because they are faster stock.. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

owell.. his life of a ricer sucks.. and yes i do consider him a ricer.. reason being is ricers are in their own world.. no matter who tells them what.. how many times... they pick and choose whatever makes their car superior to someone elses car and STICKS WITH IT!!!!! pure rice..

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

so who won the race? the ws6 or the vette anyone ever find out

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Thumbs down

This guy has problems getcha01, he posted this on my home page
    "dude do you live on here?....you got friends and this and that?.....wake up and smell the coffee you but sniffer....next spring if your still talking shit I will come where you are, I have a buddy in malibu and he would prolly pay for my car to be shipped their and fly me there.....you run 11's, we will see....Im trying to break the all bolton LS1 in an F-body record at 11.88.....I think I can do it.....nothing but boltons.....I will still beat you....you say ur car ran faster than 13.0 stock, your out there sonny boy"
    1.I never said my car ran faster than 13.0 stock chief read my past posts
    2.My car has upgrades but I never said what my times are in the quarter, I just said I can beat stock vettes
    3.all 01-02 z28 base f-bodies have the ls-6 intake, as soon as you said they don't you lost all credibility to everyone else on this site
    4. I don't care how fast your car goes, I was correcting you for your over exited behavior on how much that ram air hood of yours gave you such an advantage over stock.
    5. If your buddy will pay to ship you and your car out here then you must be more than just freinds
    6.Don't post stupid shit on my homepage again it just shows how much time you have and how immature you are for wanting to come all the way to California for me typing something in my spare time.
    7. There are no hot women in illinois, and no I won't send a picture of myself to you-you creep.
    Last edited by c5z28; 10-16-2008 at 03:50 PM.

Sidewayz Hat Police LS1TransHed's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

This guy has problems getcha01
    7. There are no hot women in illinois
    Aw, cmon!!!!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by LS1TransHed View Post
    Aw, cmon!!!!
    It was meant as a personal jab, i'm sorry call me bias but come out to california. I swear the closer to the water the hotter.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information