Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Too much TV. Too many video games. Modern technology has done this to millions of people. The trick is to grow up, learn to concentrate, meditate, slow down and let your mind be still. You'll either kick it or you'll just identify with your "disorder" forever.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I was prescribed ritalin and aderall a while back. Started on R, then got pissed because it seemed like I needed more and more. Aderall made me more fidgety, so I ended up just quitting altogether. My biggest downer is that I'm a caffeine addict, and that's the worst thing to drink (6+ a day).

On a good note, my officemate might have it as well. He'll start talking to somebody about something, and I break out the yo-yo. I don't think he's been able to finish a conversation yet.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by ReBop View Post
    Too much TV. Too many video games. Modern technology has done this to millions of people. The trick is to grow up, learn to concentrate, meditate, slow down and let your mind be still. You'll either kick it or you'll just identify with your "disorder" forever.
    well, modern technology has advanced us, true. but i don't play video games, and i watch about 2 hours of tv a day.

i've tried...not thinking anything.....lasted for about 11 seconds, of not thinking anything.

i see you're not digging into the whole "disorder" stuff. being ADHD is like being Dyslexic....it's mainly a learning disablity. for personality disorders....yeah, you can live with that....things like Bipolar mania, those ppl need to be on medication

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    oh yeah, it's cool. i see my dad going through it as well. i hate seeing the commercial talking about how it's a disease, and now your child has hope to become something...

well, anyways, i just found a mini pot pie in the microwave that i put in there 3 hours ago....yeah, totally forgot about it, now to find something else to eat. haha.

you have adhd right? how do you cope with it?
    Nope, I have MS. Most people think of Richard Pryor when they hear Ms. But, I can walk and hope a wheel chair will not be part of my future!

However, I can totally relate to your pot pie in the Microwave Sometimes I end up in a room and have no idea why the hell I'm in there! I have suffered some physical set backs during relapses. Like I've gone completely numb on my whole left side of my body before. But, so far it has not been permanent.

But, I do have cognitive issues sometimes like you do. Forgetfulness, and shit like that.

It's all good though. I'm walking, I'm driving and you would never know by looking at me that I have Multiple Sclerosis

Like I said, we do the best we can do with what we've got

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    I was prescribed ritalin and aderall a while back. Started on R, then got pissed because it seemed like I needed more and more. Aderall made me more fidgety, so I ended up just quitting altogether. My biggest downer is that I'm a caffeine addict, and that's the worst thing to drink (6+ a day).

On a good note, my officemate might have it as well. He'll start talking to somebody about something, and I break out the yo-yo. I don't think he's been able to finish a conversation yet.
    haven't read a study on it, but i did hear from a doctoral student that caffiene didn't have much of an affect on ADHD ppl. idk if there was a study on it, but she had a teenage son with ADHD. it could have been just her observations.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Nope, I have MS. Most people think of Richard Pryor when they hear Ms. But, I can walk and hope a wheel chair will not be part of my future!

However, I can totally relate to your pot pie in the Microwave Sometimes I end up in a room and have no idea why the hell I'm in there! I have suffered some physical set backs during relapses. Like I've gone completely numb on my whole left side of my body before. But, so far it has not been permanent.

But, I do have cognitive issues sometimes like you do. Forgetfulness, and shit like that.

It's all good though. I'm walking, I'm driving and you would never know by looking at me that I have Multiple Sclerosis

Like I said, we do the best we can do with what we've got
    the important thing is to live your life without the changing of "adjusting." i have a couple of friends with MS. one girl's spine was bent. she was already 5'10-11, when they straightened it out....she's now 6'1. haha.

sounds like you're doing pretty well, to be at such a mature level and mobility is not difficult at all. i went to class with one guy who was about 20, he was mostly bound to a wheel chair, unless he pulled out his crutches that strapped to his arm...looked painful to walk....but he was actually doing amatuer wrestling. amazing...simply amazing.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

the important thing is to live your life without the changing of "adjusting." i have a couple of friends with MS. one girl's spine was bent. she was already 5'10-11, when they straightened it out....she's now 6'1. haha.

sounds like you're doing pretty well, to be at such a mature level and mobility is not difficult at all. i went to class with one guy who was about 20, he was mostly bound to a wheel chair, unless he pulled out his crutches that strapped to his arm...looked painful to walk....but he was actually doing amatuer wrestling. amazing...simply amazing.

I really am doing well. Like I said, I've had set backs. As a matter of fact, one of the big reasons I did choose the A4 over the M6. I don't know what my future holds for me.

I'm in the hospital at least once a year. I go through weeks or even months of exacerbations and so far, I've walked away from all with almost total recovery...

I do go through pain though. But, you learn how to deal with that. What drives me nuts, is the same thing that drives you nuts. The cognitive. So, I completely understand where you are coming from...

Well, if I was 60, I guess I could just blame it on age. But, I'm not so I just deal with it.

There are several people who have MS that would trade with me in a heart beat. I know it could be worse. As a matter of fact, that is how I live my life. Someone always has it worse than I do! Life is good

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I really am doing well. Like I said, I've had set backs. As a matter of fact, one of the big reasons I did choose the A4 over the M6. I don't know what my future holds for me.

I'm in the hospital at least once a year. I go through weeks or even months of exacerbations and so far, I've walked away from all with almost total recovery...

I do go through pain though. But, you learn how to deal with that. What drives me nuts, is the same thing that drives you nuts. The cognitive. So, I completely understand where you are coming from...

Well, if I was 60, I guess I could just blame it on age. But, I'm not so I just deal with it.

There are several people who have MS that would trade with me in a heart beat. I know it could be worse. As a matter of fact, that is how I live my life. Someone always has it worse than I do! Life is good
    i like your spirit very motivational. i know it must be painful for you, but it's great to see you can still hold your head up, and see life to it's fullest . A4s are more fun anyways!!!!....okay, maybe not, but i drive one, too. haha.

yeah, the cognitive processing of my brain is interesting. i love going into class learning there's a test...and that we were told about it the last two days...and somehow i never remembered any of it. one girl told me that she'd love to do a study on how i thought, because i never remember anything that was mentioned in class, or what the teacher had said.

but anyways, you're an inspiriation. i always tell my friends to put a smile on their face. if you're alive, you still have a purpose. that may be a lil spiritual, but yeah, it's something I believe. God wouldn't have us down here for no reason.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by ReBop View Post
    i've been in martial arts for years... i've studied min zin as well... it is something that can not necessarily be helped by just what you said...

Black
    1999 Trans Am

My mom has to take aderall and my sister takes vitamin something....It think R maybe

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Yea i got the bug, I tested possitive for it, but my parents refused to put me on drugs, lol theyd just slap me upside the head and tell me to sit still or knock it off. I learned to live with it, and am actually fairly smart, I got a 30 on my act and a 148 IQ (Mensa) going for a two majors in engineering, but i found that once i found something that i really liked i could keep my mind on that for hours, example motors, I love to learn about them and how they work, I catch hell bc its just like the mechanic off F&F movies.... Ill think about it somemore, im bored typing now...

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

i like your spirit very motivational. i know it must be painful for you, but it's great to see you can still hold your head up, and see life to it's fullest . A4s are more fun anyways!!!!....okay, maybe not, but i drive one, too. haha.

yeah, the cognitive processing of my brain is interesting. i love going into class learning there's a test...and that we were told about it the last two days...and somehow i never remembered any of it. one girl told me that she'd love to do a study on how i thought, because i never remember anything that was mentioned in class, or what the teacher had said.

but anyways, you're an inspiriation. i always tell my friends to put a smile on their face. if you're alive, you still have a purpose. that may be a lil spiritual, but yeah, it's something I believe. God wouldn't have us down here for no reason.
    Aw, thanks Keep the positive attitude ... it'll take you far!

And I also believe that God has a plan for all of us! And, I believe he has a sense of humor too

Live Laugh and Love my friend!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Yea i got the bug, I tested possitive for it, but my parents refused to put me on drugs, lol theyd just slap me upside the head and tell me to sit still or knock it off. I learned to live with it, and am actually fairly smart, I got a 30 on my act and a 148 IQ (Mensa) going for a two majors in engineering, but i found that once i found something that i really liked i could keep my mind on that for hours, example motors, I love to learn about them and how they work, I catch hell bc its just like the mechanic off F&F movies.... Ill think about it somemore, im bored typing now...
    Sounds like you have a good handle on the situation! That's the key ... do what you love, and enjoy yourself

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

i was on ritalin from age 7 to 9, which is when my parents pulled me out of school and i started homeschooling. i got spanked if i got out of line. graduated "homeschool highschool" at 14, took about a year off to study a little of Jazz and Art, took the entrance exam to college at 15, and the month after i turned 16, i started college. and now i'm 20 graduating in december with a Bach. of Science for Psychology. i just hate how the commercials show that there is a hope for kids with ADHD, that they can become someone important. like, if you didn't take the medication, you'd just be a waste to society! they make it sound like a horrible disease!

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

i have adhd... dont take any meds currently... i been able to control it in a mind over matter thing.... did some therapy that taught me to be stronger than it... its not easy but most of the time im fine untill night comes around and im off the walls wild

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    i have adhd... dont take any meds currently... i been able to control it in a mind over matter thing.... did some therapy that taught me to be stronger than it... its not easy but most of the time im fine untill night comes around and im off the walls wild
    i'm okay with the hyperactivity. yeah, sitting in class, i'm tapping my fingers/feet, messing with my pencils and stuff. my problem is the inattention. i'm stareing at the teacher, watching their mouth move...but i can't understand what they're saying, i hear the words, but they're not processing in my head. i catch phrases, and then i start thinking about those phrases...like..."wow, that's cool...hmm i wonder if? oh crap...what did he just say?"

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

i'm okay with the hyperactivity. yeah, sitting in class, i'm tapping my fingers/feet, messing with my pencils and stuff. my problem is the inattention. i'm stareing at the teacher, watching their mouth move...but i can't understand what they're saying, i hear the words, but they're not processing in my head. i catch phrases, and then i start thinking about those phrases...like..."wow, that's cool...hmm i wonder if? oh crap...what did he just say?"
    Man i know that feeling, somedays it was bad, worse than others, i found that excessive heat and boredom made it worse. One time that comes to mind was last summer one of the guys i work i with was giving directions....

Him- alright you go 2 miles down this road till you hit the T in the road, then you turn right and go till theres a tree on the right side and take the road that goes left for.....
    Me- *reaching up* Got your nose....
    Him- Can't you pay attention..... fuck....

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Man i know that feeling, somedays it was bad, worse than others, i found that excessive heat and boredom made it worse. One time that comes to mind was last summer one of the guys i work i with was giving directions....

Him- alright you go 2 miles down this road till you hit the T in the road, then you turn right and go till theres a tree on the right side and take the road that goes left for.....
    Me- *reaching up* Got your nose....
    Him- Can't you pay attention..... fuck....
    haha, yup, yup....those are the days i don't even open my notebook, i just fade into the background of the class (which doesn't help, because i like sitting on the front row) and pretend i'm listening. ADHD ppl are also very alert( believe it or not)... that's why you find yourself looking around the room at anything that moves. if i'm in a room with ppl, like a classroom, i make sure i make a mental note of what everyone in that room is doing. idk why....but i just can't focus on what the teacher is talking about.

All colors
    1993-2002

I have it too, they put me on concerta a few years ago and it made me crazy paranoid and I could not sleep. I was up for over 72 hours. That stuff is just legal speed. I had to spend three days in a damn mental institute to detox. They determined that it was the concentra and I was crazy. I told them I allready new I was crazy, but I still wanted to be able to sleep. LOL. I still have the aadhd, but screw those damn drugs. I do not mind going off on a wild tangent or miss placing things, that mental institution was no joke, you have not seen crazy people until you go in there. F that. I aint going back. As for the side effects I know what you are talking about, they really sucked and it hurt like hell to pee.

All colors
    1993-2002

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    No joke, me too. I can be dead tired and as soon as the sun sets, I am wired and can not go to sleep.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information