Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I see both sides. If you have a numbers matching, all original, pristine car - I get it. I've owned a few. If you have a car that you built to be what you want - I get that too. Again, I've owned a few. Rarity of the car definately plays into whether I'd change anything. But in the end, it's my car and my choice. My choice might be stupid to everyone else, but as long as I like it - that's all that really matters.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I see both sides. If you have a numbers matching, all original, pristine car - I get it. I've owned a few. If you have a car that you built to be what you want - I get that too. Again, I've owned a few. Rarity of the car definately plays into whether I'd change anything. But in the end, it's my car and my choice. My choice might be stupid to everyone else, but as long as I like it - that's all that really matters.
    Agreed

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Agreed
    plus 1 !!!

Well, if you're gonna put it that way... I agree completely

I also find favor in cars that aren't controlled by computers. For the most part, the Camaro is the only car I've owned that is. It's the newest car I've ever owned and probably ever will.
    I agree, I've had other computer controlled cars that came and went. But I think these camaros are the last of it for me.
    I much rather prefer to drive our classics most of the time anyway. Cheap and easy to maintain. They aren't really that bad in gas, and when I figure the time and money I have invested in 4th gens, for computer tuning, software, and the cost of parts for an LS platform,,,,,I can buy a boat load of gas for a classic car I figure the money I spend in maintainence alone covers the gas difference, so it's really not that cost prohibitive.

I went through a huge computer tuning learning curve with these 4th gens, and I still haven't gotten a handle on it all. I think I'm getting too old.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 03-22-2010 at 09:38 AM.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I agree, I've had other computer controlled cars that came and went. But I think these camaros are the last of it for me.
    I much rather prefer to drive our classics most of the time anyway. Cheap and easy to maintain. They aren't really that bad in gas, and when I figure the time and money I have invested in 4th gens, for computer tuning, software, and the cost of parts for an LS platform,,,,,I can buy a boat load of gas for a classic car I figure the money I spend in maintainence alone covers the gas difference, so it's really not that cost prohibitive.

I went through a huge computer tuning learning curve with these 4th gens, and I still haven't gotten a handle on it all. I think I'm getting too old[.
    I hear ya That's what brought me to this site in the first place and honestly... while I've learned quite a bit, I'll never have a handle on it either

I hear ya That's what brought me to this site in the first place and honestly... while I've learned quite a bit, I'll never have a handle on it either
    Yep, that's why I'm here too. Orion and Frost have been a huge help for me learning this HPtuner stuff. Couldn't have done it without them.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Yep, that's why I'm here too. Orion and Frost have been a huge help for me learning this HPtuner stuff. Couldn't have done it without them.
    Heh... I didn't even get that far But, at least now I know what all that crap is under my hood that wasn't under the hood of my Chevelles or other cars for that matter

The days of me wrenching on my cars is over for the most part. But, I still want to be familiar with what's going on in there

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

I went through a huge computer tuning learning curve with these 4th gens, and I still haven't gotten a handle on it all. I think I'm getting too old.
    send the hp tuner to me then old man!!

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

THAT is a badass car.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Try roasting your crow. It'll be easier to get down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I like grilling mine with a nice brown sugar based rub

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by slphwk1 View Post
    This was on the power tour last year in Madison,Wi.
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    i mean THAT one.!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information