Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

for pussy

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

im joking..i bought my T/A because i have always loved them and still think they are one of the best.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

When i was 8 or 9 i was in my grandmothers car and i saw an LS1 WS6 pass us and i just remember thinking how aggresive and frightning that car was with the lights up. I had no clue what it was but that image always stuck in my head until a few years ago when i found out what kinda car it was and decided i needed to have one. When i turned 19 i found one for $3500 and decided it was mine. Its not a WS6 but... its still a T/A.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    im joking..i bought my T/A because i have always loved them and still think they are one of the best.
    this

black
    02 Camaro SS 35th 20k mi

The LS1 line came out when i was in grade school and early high school, but i never had any interest in them. Finally after i got sick of always tooling on the old crap when i was 19, I found one that was really cheap.. so i bought it to flip. It was unlike any car i had ever owned for some reason.. so now i buy a different 98-02 T/A every year or so because i just cannot get enough of them !! NOTHING COMPARES TO An LS1's reliablility, performance, gas mileage, and looks... All in one CAR you can drive every day !!

Black
    2002 WS6

Wink

I bought mine in May of 2007 after hoping someday I could find what I was looking for. When they decided to continue them in 2002 I was hoping someday to be able to but one. Couldn't afford one then and still wonder sometimes if I can afford mine now.

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

I wanted something that would shut my mustang friends up and something you didnt see everyday (mustangs).

Black
    1999 Trans Am

where, about a nieghbor hood or 2 away. when, today and why did you buy you a trans am? cause its simple badass and v6 is gone, and simply wasnt cuttin it anyways

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

I ordered/bought mine because it looks so aggressive, just sitting there. Looks like Lightning McQueen with a cocky show off stance...kachooga, kachooga...!!! Like it's saying by just sitting there...."Yeah, I know I'm bad, I'm just waiting to roar to life and consume everything in my path, Don't mess with me, because you WILL go down in defeat"...!!!!!!

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Always loved the looks of these cars since I was in high school, I remembered seeing them cruis'in around back in 98 and loved them. First I started out with a v6 bird cause it was all i could afford, that just made me itch for a V8 bird even more. Finally in '03 I was able to afford my 99 LS1 and have enjoyed it to the fullest ever since. They look good, they are fast, easy to mod and make faster and about as American as you can get, all around they are great cars.

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Orignal post: where, when, and why did you buy you a trans am?

Well I bought my '98 Formula back in Nov '99 because I didn't like the Mad Wing of the T/A in '98. Back then it looked ricer to me. I bought my bird without sun roofs because many of my friends with Gen 3 versions had leaks and I expected to keep mine 20 years or longer. Even then, I knew this was that good a car for the money and a long term keeper. I still like the Formula.

To this day I get in the car for a attitude adjustment and just say, "WOW !!!"

However, I'd love to own a Triple Black Firehawk or one with Tan Leather and Black Exterior. I expect I will someday. I'd have to supercharge it too though. You think the stock car is awesome. Add a couple hundered horsepower to one of these monsters. Then you get to test your limits all over again.

Truely, the best built sports car ever built for the money !!!

Where can you get 500HP and 30mpg for under $30K... or less.

Can't say enough about these cars....

Point - I've thought about a Vette but, for the money, looks, performance, easy of working on the car myself and cost; the Bird outshines the rest of the cars out there....

Any car, period !!!

Even the '67 Maro with a 454 doesn't hold a light to this one after you take it into a corner or two.

For ref:

Maro

Bird

This is all you can see of the actual supercharger. Kind of stealthy huh?

1998 Trans Am

wow man that looks like a really clean formula

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

It's very dirty right now. Just took pict a few minutes ago of the engine compartment as you see in the previous post above.
    Need to blow it out. use the paint brush to get in those tight spots and wipe her down some more.

Only one rock chip in the left eye lid. Touched up and 99.9% of the people would miss it.

My buddies really want to get their hands on it .... I willed it to them... They get to fight it out. They don't know this though. LOL !!!

Oh and I do drive her hard! She the hardest car to break that I've ever had though.

Blew the tranny once drag racing from torque... Twisted the S#!t out of the input shaft. They say that almost impossible on our cars.
    Now I have a hardened one with a few other goodies inside the tranny. ;-)
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 12-09-2009 at 11:35 PM.

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
    It's very dirty right now. Just took pict a few minutes ago of the engine compartment as you see in the previous post above. Need to blow it out and wipe her down some more.

Only one rock chip in the left eye lid. Touched up and 99.9% of the people would miss it.

My buddies really want to get their hands on it .... I willed it to them... They get to fight it out. They don't know this though. LOL !!!
    haha i've been meaning to will mine out to my friends, but not my brother since hes a 'gangster' little druggy,

did you procharge it yourself?

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    haha i've been meaning to will mine out to my friends, but not my brother since hes a 'gangster' little druggy,

did you procharge it yourself?
    Yes, but had it tuned and a couple of custom parts by others.
    Then, I had to work some magic to get it exactly right.

You know you think you can pay someone to do it right... Then you end up
    doing it yourself anyways... doh!!! And it takes longer too !!! double doh !!

If you build cars you know what I'm talking about. It's all of the hours tinkering to get that little something extra out of there or to add a little clearance so it works/looks just right etc...

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
    Yes, but had it tuned and a couple of custom parts by others.
    Then, I had to work some magic to get it exactly right.

You know you think you can pay someone to do it right... Then you end up
    doing it yourself anyways... doh!!! And it takes longer too !!! double doh !!

If you build cars you know what I'm talking about. It's all of the hours tinkering to get that little something extra out of there or to add a little clearance so it works/looks just right etc...
    yeah my v6 was always breaking down, i learned more about cars from that pos, i couldnt afford to get it fixed so i HAD to do it myself so i wouldnt have to walk to work, i cant wait until i'm out of college and have some cashflow, my dream is to bust my knuckes on the weekends restoring a 67/68 droptop, i just love firebirds, i always have

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

There is plenty of time... and there are lots of companies that specialize in these cars still out there. It's an american dream... one of the very best.

Good luck !!!

My next dream - but, I will still drive the bird more I'm sure. I'd hate myself if someone else rearended her or something:

Might take a few years though ... The lauch control is out of this world !!!

1998 Trans Am

ZR1

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

If only money was no object!!!!!

Blue
    2000 WS6 Ram Air Trans Am

I actually bought mine for my wife to drive. (Sneaky huh?) When Huricane Isabelle (east coast) took out her DD, we took the insurance money and went car shopping. She said she wanted something more sporty than her Sebring, and I told her we'll never buy a new car again. She drove 3000gt's Cobra Mustangs, Camaros, ect... every sport car you can think of. The moment she sat in the T/A she knew that's what she wanted. Just not that particular car. So I told her that we would find one just like she wanted and that we would get one that someone else would want to buy later when she was tired of it. So I found on Auto Trader a Mint NBM 2000 WS6 6 speed and that's the end of the story... Almost, She graduated up to a Vette, and I got the hand me down TA!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information