Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Red
    1996 Camaro Z28 M6

I wish I had some answers, but sadly I don't. I never have been that great around women (cars were always my thing), but now I've found a girl I really like and am actually making an effort towards hooking up. I know exactly how a lot of the guys here are feeling. This girl, a year younger than I am, will talk to me quite a bit for a few days, then not really make any attempt to talk at all on others. She always laugh's around me and seems to have a good time, but can be pretty distanced at others. I know she hasn't really dated anyone in a while, but I do know she talks to quite a few guys. This has been going on for quite a while now and it drives me insane, but when I do get to spend time with her it all seems worth it. Until the next day, when I beat myself up for all the things I could have said. Most I can say is, take it one step at a time and see what happens.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by ihv800 View Post
    I wish I had some answers, but sadly I don't. I never have been that great around women (cars were always my thing), but now I've found a girl I really like and am actually making an effort towards hooking up. I know exactly how a lot of the guys here are feeling. This girl, a year younger than I am, will talk to me quite a bit for a few days, then not really make any attempt to talk at all on others. She always laugh's around me and seems to have a good time, but can be pretty distanced at others. I know she hasn't really dated anyone in a while, but I do know she talks to quite a few guys. This has been going on for quite a while now and it drives me insane, but when I do get to spend time with her it all seems worth it. Until the next day, when I beat myself up for all the things I could have said. Most I can say is, take it one step at a time and see what happens.
    Funny: I almost get the impression it's the same girl, may be she got a twin sister in Colorado...
    Well, I guess I can fully subscribe to your statement above: "This has been going on for quite a while now and it drives me insane, but when I do spend time with her it all seems worth it." That resumes my situation perfectly.
    Good luck to you, too
    P.

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Women fuckin' suck.

/thread

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Or, you can just keep a few on stand by to see who is the KEEPER. That's what I'm doing, although, one is shadowing me currently. Last summer, she went to a few of my hangouts, but didn't stop by to say hello. I dunno WTF is up with her.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    my brother was engaged to a girl 10 years younger than him, they have a kid who just turned 2. The girl's a total psycho hose beast and I would advise against getting involved with someone that much younger than yourself.
    i agree.
    unless u have money, or are really really good looking for a 38 year old... i cant see a 26 y/o trying to be serious with you, im sorry but thats kinda how i feel. although there are women who would much rather have an older man, just because hes more mature, established... that kinda thing. hopefully u have one of them, id hate to see this girl just mess with you..because thats wrong.

good luck, nhra said it best, ignore her, completely act like u arent interested, sorry to say but it works all the time....

Yep, which is very hard to do... Some girls had problems with daddy and thats why they like older guys too. My gf the nite I met her I told her she wasn't that good looking and she couldn't believe I said that. I was totally joking and she took it serious lol. She wasn't use that at all.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Women want a fairy tale. They want a knight in shining armor. They want a guy thats in great shape, they want one that has money. Its such bullshit that all men are held to this standard. I would love to have a princess with long blonde hair and blue eyes that would support me behind everything I do not ask for a lot, make dinner and do all the shopping, and be a good mother. God forbid we fucking men ask for that but men are held to the prince standard. Fuck that shit men like that dont exist, or if they do they do it all so they can hit it and quit it then the girl is like wtf mate.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Click for full size
    oh my god i love that little chart, it cracks me up and so true!!! lol.....

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by korndawg View Post
    Women fuckin' suck.

/thread
    Isn't that the point though?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Mine is mad at me because I don't write her love notes or emails anymore. I feel like I don't need to constantly do that stuff anymore because its been almost 3 years now.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Angry

I guess the fairy tale thing is right and I guess it's ok in the beginning, but if even the beginning isn't a fairy tale at all, I think you can forget the whole thing .
    Last thursday she agreed to meet on Saturday, drinking some champaign and having dinner. I even waited one day before answering and I suggested we had the champaign to celebrate new year's eve and I proposed to make us some chili con carne (one of the recipes I really excel in doing...). She immediately agreed and the following morning she sent me mesages she had a sore throat and that she went to see a physician on friday afternoon and that she got some antibiotic prescription so that she could in no case drink any alcohol. She asked me if that didn't bother me, and I of course said no, as that was not the point, I just wanted to see her, that was it. In the afternoon another message came and she was telling me she was totally sorry but she was actually suffering from terrible headaches due to the antibiotic, so that she told me to cancel the whole thing. She asked me to postpone it, eventually to Sunday. I said ok, why not. Well, guess what? On Sunday morning she sent me another message telling me she felt somehow better, but still not good enough for dinner, and she consequently told me to have that dinner some days later...she was saying sorry, asking me I wasn't upset and so on...but promising me to make up some time later for it...
    Since then I haven't heard of her, no message, no call (anyway we mostly communicate by sms).
    I didn't see her at work on Monday, but I don't know...may be she was just being honest...
    Well that weekend I was drinking the champaign all by myself...and now I'm kind of confused, if not to say kind of annoyed...Did I do something wrong? I was very nice to her, full of understanding, totally comprehensive of her situation.
    I'm confused...may be I should show total disinterest, may be that'll work...I was probably going too fast and scaring her or putting her under pressure...just trying to get to understand her point of view...

Well, anyway, tomorrow evening there's a russian new Year's eve party in some fancy club, may be I'll go there and meet some of those russian or ukrainian cliché-girls (try and check for example russian singer Irina Saltykova on youtube), just drink and having fun, without thinking, without any issues...
    Last edited by Popeye1970; 01-15-2009 at 02:02 PM.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

girls want the fairy tale after they have dogged out tons of nice guys because they were having their fun with the scumbags. They go through a vicious cycle with d-bag after d-bag for a few years, then they hit 30 and they gained a bunch of weight. The d-bag doesnt want them anymore and they can't compete with the girls in their early and mid 20s. Now all of a sudden they wanna "settle down". What does that mean? It means the nice guy that only gets called on sunday afternoons and weeknights when d-bag fights with her suddenly gets a call. Why? Because hes a nice guy and probably has his shit together, has a decent job and maybe a condo or a house. Said girl is out of shape, has bad credit, a car that is falling apart, and needs nice guy to maintain her lifestyle. Nice guy has wised up and is no longer interested in some busted out of shape "once was hot". Now all of a sudden shes all bitter and wonders why theres "no good guys out there". She'll bitch to her girlfriends and they all gather around and say "you dont need a man hunny". Trying to act all independent and shit drinking cheap wine and eating ice cream, getting progressively fatter. Then one of their friends suckers a "nice guy" and she gets married. Said girl is jealous and proceeds to get sloppy drunk and fuck every single guy at the wedding. True story

98 Formula
    06 duramax

men marry women hoping they will never change
    women marry men hoping they will change.

There's your problem right there.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    i agree.
    unless u have money, or are really really good looking for a 38 year old... i cant see a 26 y/o trying to be serious with you, im sorry but thats kinda how i feel. although there are women who would much rather have an older man, just because hes more mature, established... that kinda thing. hopefully u have one of them, id hate to see this girl just mess with you..because thats wrong.

good luck, nhra said it best, ignore her, completely act like u arent interested, sorry to say but it works all the time....
    so 38 is an older man now??? Kiss my ass.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    men marry women hoping they will never change
    women marry men hoping they will change.

There's your problem right there.
    well put

Oh the drama of "understanding women"! All I know is that if they didnt control all the pussy, there would be a bounty on thier heads!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaholic View Post
    Oh the drama of "understanding women"! All I know is that if they didnt control all the pussy, there would be a bounty on thier heads!
    the have half the money and all the poonanner....once you have all the poonanner it's only a matter of time before you have all the money - Jay Hickman

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Mine is mad at me because I don't write her love notes or emails anymore. I feel like I don't need to constantly do that stuff anymore because its been almost 3 years now.
    Mine used to call and text me all the time after a year she hardly texts me anymore... so something I don't have to deal with. I'll send her flowers every now and then.

Red
    1996 Camaro Z28 M6

I find it hard to believe the similarities this thread is showing in the mentioned women. I've asked the girl mentioned above to go hang out with me numerous times, and though she never says no she doesn't want, there's always a very believable excuse. We only really hang out if our separate groups end up in the same place, but if that happens she will always come talk with me. I'd also love to try not paying attention to her, but whenever she's in one of her cycles of wanting to be around me I turn into butter and can't not pay attention. One of these days I'm just going to break down and tell her how I really feel and knowing my luck, that will be the last time we speak.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by ihv800 View Post
    I find it hard to believe the similarities this thread is showing in the mentioned women. I've asked the girl mentioned above to go hang out with me numerous times, and though she never says no she doesn't want, there's always a very believable excuse. We only really hang out if our separate groups end up in the same place, but if that happens she will always come talk with me. I'd also love to try not paying attention to her, but whenever she's in one of her cycles of wanting to be around me I turn into butter and can't not pay attention. One of these days I'm just going to break down and tell her how I really feel and knowing my luck, that will be the last time we speak.
    that would be a sign of good luck. Get the shit out in the open and lay it on the table. I'm not sure how old you guys are that's having these problems but as you get older these little problems become even smaller. You only live once, lay it out there and see what she has to say. If she says no then so be it. If she says yes then take it for all it's worth.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information