Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Camaro

seriousblack
    Couple of months ago Motor Trend (issue with Bullitt & New Charger) said a new Chevelle & Camaro are Dead! Zeta platform not good enough, Sigma platform to expensive $.

Black
    99 SS

if it turns out like this i will turn to the ford side.

seriousblack
    if you saw the 99 concept Charger-you would REALLY hate this new one-The 99 CONCEPT WAS AWESOME

Black
    99 SS

i did see that concept pic, and yes i liked it, a 4 door muscle car makes no snese to me at all.

seriousblack
    Actually if you saw the pics Road & Track did on that SS You might think again, thats not a good angle. But they need to do it in a coupe! I saw it at the Miami Auto show last year.

Black
    99 SS

i know it needs to be a coup.

seriousblack
    Just viewed your pic -Nice O2 SS, I got an 02 SS in Black also! You Race yours?

seriousblack
    We'll see what GM Decides to do, but they need to get off their ass'es soon, or I'm bailing on them after mine is paid off next year! I heard the only car remaining using the zeta platform W/ Rear wheel drive V-8 will be the "next generation" GTO FOR 2008-Not including ther Corvette of course.

TheSilverDragon
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousblack
    Just viewed your pic -Nice O2 SS, I got an 02 SS in Black also! You Race yours?
    yeah, but only when i'm not supposed to actually, i kinda have stopped that too since i got my ticket, but every once in a while i let loose.
    i don't remember the charger concept, but i remember the mustang concept, and that one i liked, but when they actually came out with it, i nearly vomited. as long as gm doesn't follow the trend set by chrysler and ford, they'll be ok. i'm torn between whether they should go retro or not. if they did retro right it would own the 'stang, on the other hand, it would appear as if gm were copying ford if they did follow that path.

.... this is a little off subject, but i thought this was hilarious

sonnyred
    I Dont Know What To Say About The Zeta Platform.when I Was In New York Last Month I Read Gm Had Stopped Any Plans To Proceed With Zeta.i Love
    My Camaross.it Still Gathers A Lot Of Good Comments Any Where I Park It.i Had A Lady That Came Over Staring At The It The Other Day Wanting To Know The Make She Wanted To Buy One.the Demise Of This Beautiful Car Was Lack Of Advertisement.there Wasnt A Stang That Perfomed Or Looked As Good.have Faith Gm Will Wake Up And Get Thier Asses In Gear.

seriousblack
    Try to locate a website that has the 99 Dodge Charger Concept-That was HOT! if they did "that" Charger the new Mustangs would have been SLAM DUNKED! As far as Retro styling if GM can build a winner production camaro based on retro styling they will- not because they want to copy Ford But you can't ignore the success of the new mustang which translates into HUGE PROFITS $$$$$ for GM.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

seriousblack
    Thats the one! THANKS BRO I sent my friend those pics (he thought the new charger was hot!) NOT! now he dosen't

2006 TrailBlazer SS

I don't know if any1 read this article or not but it gives me hope for the return ofd the camaro

Found on GM insider news

Camaro/Chevelle- Chevy has an all new sporty coupe set to debut in 2007 on the Zeta platform. This car is very similar to the 2007 GTO, with the exception of tighter styling. At this point the assumption is that this car will be the all new Camaro. There is however an outside rumor that this car may be hastily redesigned and given a more appropriate name such as Chevelle. Then GM would design a Camaro on an all new midsized RWD platform loosely based on a lengthened Kappa platform. This platform (rumored to be called "Beta") was first previewed in the Holden Torana TT36 concept shown at the 04 Sydney International Auto Show. This would slightly delay a Camaro to possibly 2008. Either way, we will keep you updated!

Here is the link....also talkes about the return of the grand national....sweet

http://www.gminsidenews.com/futureguide1.htm

2006 TrailBlazer SS

Yooo....check this vid out
    chevy SS

http://www.gminsidenews.com/Movies/Chevrolet_SS.wmv

If it don't work go here

http://www.gminsidenews.com/m_guide.htm

seriousblack
    AWESOME WEBSITE MY MAN! Thanks .......But read my thread #61 re; Zeta Platform

2006 TrailBlazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by seriousblack
    Couple of months ago Motor Trend (issue with Bullitt & New Charger) said a new Chevelle & Camaro are Dead! Zeta platform not good enough, Sigma platform to expensive $.

Well there you have it.
    They are not gona use a zeta or sigma.Talking about a lengthened Kappa platform or a new Beta platform.
    Tell you the truth I wonder if the GN is comming back...How much power you think they can get out of a new turbo charged 3.6 V6? Could be fun and use less gas.300 Hp on a lightweight plateform,might make some nice numbers.:firedevil

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    What the hell happened?!! That Charger auctually looks good. What the hell happened at Dodge?!?! Oh well.... they still have the Viper, lol.

As for the video of the "so called" Camaro, I dunno... don't really like it. It looks cool as a car on it's own, but I would be pissed if they slapped the Camaro logo on it! Looks too much like a Cougar or something .

Rob

Black
    99 SS

i think that car is ugly, its not a muscle car, its looks like Mazda Rx8, chevy just needs to let the Chevelle rest and never bring it back, if they do i think it will discrase the name. nothing in my mind will be better the a LS6 454 4speed Chevelle, i mean they could run high 11's-12's right out the factory.

Black
    99 SS

why does evertyone want to make 4 door sports cars?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information