Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    DisCrete
    Quote Originally Posted by Big$ View Post
    Boxers are usually very friendly...
    I doubt it was a boxer... they are not aggressive in nature... much less if a puppy is involved.

My friend has a light weight german sheperd... maybe 45-50lbs... got into a fight with the neighbors dog... which happend to be a pitbull.

needless to say the german sheperd won.... and the owner of the pit.. had to carry her dog home... didn't kill it... but ripped the pit apart.

It was not capable of walking.

DisCrete
    Dogs, are inherantly territorial... and to clarify the post above... the pit came onto my friends property...

I guess "home court advantage" played some role in that confrontation.

DisCrete
    In addition to that... I had a collie once... whom got into a fight with a large golden lab... not sure on breed but it was short haired...

Again... the lab came onto our property... and my dog did not hesitate... and just attacked it... and killed it.

Ripped it's throat out... According to the law.. the police/animal control have to be notified... which they were... and the police looked at my dog whom was sitting by our sliding door...

Looked up at the cop... and lifted his leg... ( not to piss as he was laying down on his side) He lifted his leg so he could have his belly scratched... apparently collies are known for this.. and the cop asked my mom... "This is the dog that did that?"

My mom replied, "Yes."

And that was the end of it.

DisCrete
    Collies are the farthest thing from being aggressive... but knowing what I know about collies.. it's not the bite that is the killer... it's how they go about doing it... Being they are sheep herding in nature... when a collie bites... it bites several times.. not just one time... for example a pit..

These multiple bites... essentially is like a chainsaw... and is known to shred flesh/bones... which is what makes collie bites so severe... again.. they are the farthest thing from being aggressive.. but they are territorial as much as any other breed.

DisCrete
    The collies I've had all my life... are not small either... not 50lbs as most people are used to seeing... my collie was 95lbs... and was of large breed... a specific blood line called Perader, or Perador, are known for their size.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information