Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Well then you just need to start listening to the So Cal equivalent of NINEY-FIVE-FIVE DA BEAT
    as soon as i pass a radio station like that i grow extremely angry... angry to the point where i could punch a new born baby...

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A, 00 FBVert, 78T/A

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    saw above^ thought...

Click for full size

BBBBAAAAAWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

It hurts to laugh.........

SO true...

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    See, this is what I'm talking about. If you hadn't have posting this... I would have never, ever heard this song

I do have a few songs, singles, on my Zune that are not the 'norm' for my listening genre. But, that is specifically for workouts.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    See, this is what I'm talking about. If you hadn't have posting this... I would have never, ever heard this song

I do have a few songs, singles, on my Zune that are not the 'norm' for my listening genre. But, that is specifically for workouts.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iov7USqEo4[/ame]

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

lol? LOL!!!

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I don't even know what Lady Gaga sings other than what you guys post up here. The stations I listen to don't play that stuff.
    KLOS or KTWV?

I know you know what The Wave used to be but I'll give bonus points if you know what KLOS used to be... Hint: I mentioned it once before years ago.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    Hell yea man, some of that old school stuff is pretty good.

Especially that group "Funkadelic", real good stuff
    Funkadelic! WOW! Blast from the past. Do you know what the other half of the group was called? And who the ring leader is?

Ever heard of Tower of Power?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    KLOS or KTWV?
    Some. I actually spend more time listening to XM. KLOS is more classics these days (funny how 'our' music from high school is 'classic' now ) I swear, they play Zeppelin every 5 songs. Which, in high school was cool. For some reason, now, not so much.

I still miss KMET and even the short lived Pirate Radio.

Always have been and will die a head banger

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    I have an elliptical and free weights

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Some. I actually spend more time listening to XM. KLOS is more classics these days (funny how 'our' music from high school is 'classic' now ) I swear, they play Zeppelin every 5 songs. Which, in high school was cool. For some reason, now, not so much.

I still miss KMET and even the short lived Pirate Radio.

Always have been and will die a head banger
    When KNAC was around they used to bag on Pirate radio big time.

"Yo ho, yo ho a pirates life for me..."

Outside of KPPC (are you old enough to remember that?) I think KNAC was the best radio station that LA ever had.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

When KNAC was around they used to bag on Pirate radio big time.

"Yo ho, yo ho a pirates life for me..."

Outside of KPPC (are you old enough to remember that?) I think KNAC was the best radio station that LA ever had.
    Pirate Radio was short lived. I remember the day they went off the air. We were all like WTF??? Just all of a sudden, gone and they never came back

I remember KNAC. But, my vote would go to KMET for the best. Shoot, I remember KHJ That was my go to station in elementary school

KPPC doesn't ring a bell. Where was it on the 'dial'

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Pirate Radio was short lived. I remember the day they went off the air. We were all like WTF??? Just all of a sudden, gone and they never came back

I remember KNAC. But, my vote would go to KMET for the best. Shoot, I remember KHJ That was my go to station in elementary school

KPPC doesn't ring a bell. Where was it on the 'dial'
    Does this ring a bell: "93 KHJ, boss hitbound!"

That's how they did it in the 60's. Factoid: George Carlin's idea for the skit "This is the boss DJ playing the boss hits that my boss told me to play" came from KHJ relentlessly saying that. I remember listening to The Real Don Steele in the morning taking a call: *caller* Do you take requests? *Steele* NO!

And KPPC might predate you by a bit. It was my initial exposure to album cuts being played all the time on the radio. KPPC was where I 1st heard the long version of Inagadadavida played on the radio, all 17 minutes of it. It was also the 1st time I'd ever heard of The Mothers of Invention.

Anecdote: I was listening to Light My Fire being played on KRLA (it was back in 1967) when the DJ broke in mid way through the organ solo and stated, "This song is entirely too long" (this was before they cut it up into a 3 minute song). I decided to randomly spin the dial on the (new for then) FM band to see what I could find. Lo and behold here was a radio station at the top of the dial playing, you guessed it, Light My Fire by The Doors. IIRC it was B. Mitchell Reed and all he played were album cuts.

This was also how I found another radio station playing Hendrix and other hard rock music. It was KABC-FM on 95.5 (they didn't become KLOS until 1971 or so).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KPPC_(defunct)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KLOS
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 04-16-2010 at 03:43 PM. Reason: added KLOS link

I absolutely will not listed to hip-hop radio stations. I avoid soft-rock radio, too, actually. Doesn't feel right in the car, and at home I only spend a few minutes on (TV) digital music channels. Too much wading through the cesspool for a few coins. (Much of my experience is with 94.7 The Wave.) Almost all pre-1982/1983 AC is garbage. The Seventies was so awful even its music is bad.
    Last edited by clovenhooves; 04-16-2010 at 08:09 PM.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post
    I absolutely will not listed to hip-hop radio stations. I avoid soft-rock radio, too, actually. Doesn't feel right in the car, and at home I only spend a few minutes on (TV) digital music channels. Too much wading through the cesspool for a few coins. (Much of my experience is with 94.7 The Wave.) Almost all pre-1982/1983 AC is garbage. The Seventies was so awful even its music is bad.
    94.7 The Wave, used to be KMET. The Mighty Met... All rock baby

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Does this ring a bell: "93 KHJ, boss hitbound!"

That's how they did it in the 60's. Factoid: George Carlin's idea for the skit "This is the boss DJ playing the boss hits that my boss told me to play" came from KHJ relentlessly saying that. I remember listening to The Real Don Steele in the morning taking a call: *caller* Do you take requests? *Steele* NO!

And KPPC might predate you by a bit. It was my initial exposure to album cuts being played all the time on the radio. KPPC was where I 1st heard the long version of Inagadadavida played on the radio, all 17 minutes of it. It was also the 1st time I'd ever heard of The Mothers of Invention.

Anecdote: I was listening to Light My Fire being played on KRLA (it was back in 1967) when the DJ broke in mid way through the organ solo and stated, "This song is entirely too long" (this was before they cut it up into a 3 minute song). I decided to randomly spin the dial on the (new for then) FM band to see what I could find. Lo and behold here was a radio station at the top of the dial playing, you guessed it, Light My Fire by The Doors. IIRC it was B. Mitchell Reed and all he played were album cuts.

This was also how I found another radio station playing Hendrix and other hard rock music. It was KABC-FM on 95.5 (they didn't become KLOS until 1971 or so).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KPPC_(defunct)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KLOS
    I think you told me about KLOS being KABC-FM before. That was before my time

On my radio, I think I've got KLOS, 93.1, 98.7 and this newish station Jack radio. I forget where it's at on the dial. But, I mostly listen to XM or my Zune when I'm driving.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Now now. Were you around for the 70's? Or the 80's? Or the 90's? I was. No age is given in your profile soooo...

I don't understand your comments. Do you listen to KTWV? FYI: KTWV has at least 1 sister station (there may be more across the nation) here in PHX - KYOT (The Coyote) 95.5. They play the same music as The Wave does in LA.

AFAIC, there is nothing wrong with it. I listen to metal also (KUPD here in PHX). Was a big time fan of 105.5 KNAC ("If it's too loud then you're too old!" and "Kickin yer ass so hard yer lips go vertical") when it was a metal station in LA (well Long Beach).
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 04-16-2010 at 08:35 PM.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

I thought some pretty good music came out in the 70's cars too

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    I thought some pretty good music came out in the 70's cars too
    At least the first few years of the 70's for cars

I also don't understand the fondness for old cars (except old Vettes).... I know some people consider the Seventies a high point for film and TV, and they have a point. I wasn't really around then.... I'm pretty familiar with the more recent decades. Specifically about those stations - after a while, the music blends into a depressing, formulaic mess, just something to provide a little mood stimulation. I want more than that, enjoyment.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I also don't understand the fondness for old cars (except old Vettes)....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information