Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah they didnt make Trans Ams or camaros in 2003, the new camaro will make 430hp and weigh 3400-3500 and dont tell me that cant run with the 390 cobra, besides they always tried to put the cobra in the same league as the z06 but it was never there. The cobra is ford highest sports car and the z06 is GMs, oh yeah and its too bad they dont make a cobra that can run with the 07 z06. You jackass

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

The new Camaro will be on the order of 3700 lbs. It may or may not run with a 03/04 Cobra - the car doesn't even exist yet (Jan 09 is still many months away).

The Cobra was never aimed at the Z06. Regular Vette...perhaps....Z06....nope.

No car is going to run 8's with "bolt-ons".

A stock 650 HP 2900 lb Vette isn't going to run 9's on stock rubber. Even better, how are they going to get 200 lbs out of the current ultra-light Z06 while still adding a blower and all the stuff that goes along with it? Bueller?

The difference between running 9.99x and 8.99x is several hundred HP. Good luck doing that with a "pulley, tune and exhaust".

"Old" drag radials typically hook better than new ones, so trying to make a point about a Z06 going xx ET on "old" drag radials doesn't help your case. BTW, I have no problem believing the 10.8 Z06 on DRs.

Camarolvr....when you're only 17 years old, a lot of things seem pretty easy. But as you get older, you'll find out that this is often not the case.

Have a nice day.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

In every car add or magazine they always hav put the z06 against the cobra, they are put up against eachother in every year they were made, the vette always out performed the cobra so dont tell me they arent aimed to be in the same class. You act like ford doesnt know what they are going to put there car up against when they send them to these magazines. The cobra is there best car and the Corvette is GMs it only makes sense to put them against eachother, unless you consider the GT40 which you can hardly call a production car, not to mention the price tag is outrageous, not to mention on a straight line atleast i know the c6 takes it. As for you saying that you Corvette is your chick car, i dont know about you buddy but i see girls in mustangs all the time, Mustangs and Jettas the biggest college girl cars.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 08-16-2007 at 07:43 AM.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

I never claimed GM made crap, 2000T/A. In fact, I love the corvette. I think saying that ford was targeting the Z06 when it made the Cobras is bull, though. The price range was always more comparable with the base model vette, and it absolutely did run with them. I'd still rather have a vette, or I would've bought a cobra instead. BTW, at the time, the Cobra was NOT ford's highest sports car, and I think the GT would handle a stock Z06 just fine.

The new Camaros damn well better run with the old Cobras. Give me the OLD cobra before a camaro though, because the internals on that 4v motor are awesome! Supercharger be damned, I'd just put on my own turbo kit for a quick and easy 900hp and be done with it.

Chris

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

chris arnold!
    listen if you had boughten a real corvette Ie a zo6 chances are that your fox body doesnt run 10.8's but i may be wrong, i dont know your cars. and even if your fox body is faster than that i doubt you could pick up your chick sit in the a/c drive down the freeway and still get 24+ mpg!

and last time i checked your beloved cobra all ford guys always talk about was developed at svt which yeah is ford but nonthe less a division dedicated to only special vehicles such as the lightning and the new gt,

as for a z28 hmmmm, Gm would be the correct answer. and also the ss, and if you say the ss was done by slp you would be correct but i dont remember the last time slp dropped a 32 valve blown motor into any car.

and for the record my 99 with 4.10's hits 12.9's on Dr's i have dusted my fair share of cobras pulley or not, you know why cause irs sucks for drag racing.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    In every car add or magazine they always hav put the z06 against the cobra
    Car "Add"? Show me a Ford Cobra car Ad that compares the Cobra to the Z06? Would also like to see a magazine comparison - not that it makes any difference.

they are put up against eachother in every year they were made, the vette always out performed the cobra so dont tell me they arent aimed to be in the same class.
    Well then, put your dark sunglasses on so you can't see this: They aren't "aimed to be" in the same class. In fact, they are two totally different cars.

Let me ask you this....is a Firebird WS6 "aimed" at the Corvette Z06?

You act like ford doesnt know what they are going to put there car up against when they send them to these magazines.
    I think you have it backwards; you act like you DO know, when in fact, you haven't a clue.

I'll be waiting for your Googled results.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    chris arnold!
    listen if you had boughten a real corvette Ie a zo6...
    Wow....those millions and millions of non-Z06 Corvettes aren't "real" Corvettes. Poor owners...I bet they didn't even know.

and last time i checked your beloved cobra all ford guys always talk about was developed at svt which yeah is ford but nonthe less a division dedicated to only special vehicles such as the lightning and the new gt
    And this has what to do with.........anything?

as for a z28 hmmmm, Gm would be the correct answer. and also the ss, and if you say the ss was done by slp you would be correct but i dont remember the last time slp dropped a 32 valve blown motor into any car.
    Ya...like Ford did.

Say, do you know what SVT REALLY was? Might want to Google it before you answer.

and for the record my 99 with 4.10's hits 12.9's on Dr's i have dusted my fair share of cobras pulley or not, you know why cause irs sucks for drag racing.
    ...and on the 8th day, God created a no-cost 8.8 Straight-axle swap for 99+ Cobras.

Oh....my 99 T/A went quicker than that on original street tires with stock 3.42s years ago. I dusted my 'fair share' of this, that, and the other too. What's your point?

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

Its gonna 2900 lbs through the use of more lightweight materials: http://www.johnchow.com/spied-650hp-super-corvette/

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Lol i have atleast 2 car and drivers with the cobra against the z06 lol, you retard, and no the WS6 was aimed for someone who wants a powerful v8 but didnt want to pay for the vette, the c5 z06 made 400hp and the cobra made 390 so tell me how they woulnt put the 2 cars in the same class, its simply fords best against gms best otehr than the GT40 liek i said which with its 140k+pricetag the new c6 z06 still takes lol. Bob you never showed me that slip of you 88lx running a 14.09 lol im stil lwaiting on that evidence.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Wow....guru went back and did an edit.

Ford hasn't made a GT40 in over 40 years. But I know what you're trying to say. And even though it was produced at a factory in quantity, it wasn't really a "production car". Gotcha.

And ya'll got him completly WRONG on the "chick car" comment. Tooooooo funny.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by camarolvr69 View Post
    Its gonna 2900 lbs through the use of more lightweight materials: http://www.johnchow.com/spied-650hp-super-corvette/
    I suppose anything is possible - but I wouldn't bet the farm. You might.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

All im saying is pay 140k for a car when you can get the z06 with 505 hp for 80k that can beat it or you can wait until they release the new vette with 650hp for 120k and still pay less. Also not to mention still get over 24mpg freeway.

Thanks,
    John

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Lol i have atleast 2 car and drivers with the cobra against the z06 lol, you retard
    Ok. Pull em out. Scan em. I'd like to read em.

and no the WS6 was aimed for someone who wants a powerful v8 but didnt want to pay for the vette
    Oh. And didn't it cost about the same as the Cobra? Wasn't it a 2+2, like the Cobra? Wasn't it based off a regular T/A, much like the Cobra was based off a regular Mustang GT?

the c5 z06 made 400hp and the cobra made 390 so tell me how they woulnt put the 2 cars in the same class
    Actually, it made 405, but whose counting?

Lets see....2 seater vs 4 seater (or 2+2). Plastic body vs sheetmetal. Dedicated sports car vs GT (not the model of the car, but rather the type).

But they have the same HP, so they must be in the same class. Gotcha!

its simply fords best against gms best otehr than the GT40 liek i said which with its 140k+pricetag the new c6 z06 still takes lol.
    The Vette is far superior to the Cobra in virtually every metric. Never said anything different, nor implied the same. However, they are not direct competitors. Ford took aim at the non-Z06 Vette for its performance goals, but that's it.

Bob you never showed me that slip of you 88lx running a 14.09 lol im stil lwaiting on that evidence.
    You're going to have to wait a long time. That was 19 years go, and it is long gone. Here's something you can chew on though, circa September 1990 (were you born then?).

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

All im saying is pay 140k for a car when you can get the z06 with 505 hp for 80k that can beat it or you can wait until they release the new vette with 650hp for 120k and still pay less. Also not to mention still get over 24mpg freeway.

Thanks,
    John
    That is hardly "all you were saying", but I agree that the 2006+ Z06 is by far the best hardcore, new car performance bargain on the market today. It is an awesome machine.

As for the "supervette".....we shall see.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Nice to have you on my side in this shit-storm, Bob. I doubt if you even know who I am anymore, but since 2000 when I became a member at the Corral, I've been watching your mustangs and BSing with you often arguing against the same internet bench racers/wannabes. My name on the corral was "FastDriver"

My 11.9 H/C/I 5.0 wasn't impressive at all compared to you doing it without removing the valve-covers. My setup also had the assistance of Ed Curtis, god bless him.

Anyway:

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    chris arnold!
    listen if you had boughten a real corvette Ie a zo6 chances are that your fox body doesnt run 10.8's but i may be wrong, i dont know your cars. and even if your fox body is faster than that i doubt you could pick up your chick sit in the a/c drive down the freeway and still get 24+ mpg!
    You mean my 76mm turboed Dart blocked, billet internaled 8.5:1 comp 331 with AFR 205 heads and TFS-R intake that can max out a 1200hp rated turbo won't go 10.8s? Maybe if I'm towing a Z06 behind me it won't! And, it does have a/c, and it has hydraulic rollers, and a very mild "turbo cam" from ed curtis, and a stand-alone engine management system. So, it'll probably run even more streetably than the Z06. Can't speculate on the gas mileage, but if I want that, I'll go buy a honda hybrid. My current vette gets 32 mpg on the highway, too.

and last time i checked your beloved cobra all ford guys always talk about was developed at svt which yeah is ford but nonthe less a division dedicated to only special vehicles such as the lightning and the new gt,
    SVT was a Ford owned performance division.
    Last edited by Chris Arnold; 08-16-2007 at 08:17 AM.

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Yeah they didnt make Trans Ams or camaros in 2003, the new camaro will make 430hp and weigh 3400-3500 and dont tell me that cant run with the 390 cobra, besides they always tried to put the cobra in the same league as the z06 but it was never there. The cobra is ford highest sports car and the z06 is GMs, oh yeah and its too bad they dont make a cobra that can run with the 07 z06. You jackass

that will be an N/A 430hp at that....and yes i agree the term cobra was never more than a pumped up mustang to me, a bad ass car nonetheless...but HELLLLL NO it isnt, nor can be classed with a ZO6..

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah like the Ws6 is anything compared to the cobra vs GT, the ws6 and base T/A made the same power, the GT made 260hp and the cobra was a completely different motor with a supercharger on it, not to mention IRS, and a 6 speed the difference between the ws6 powertrain and normal T/A powertrain, not a damn thing. We are also taking the c5 z06 not the c6 z06, but mentioning that the new Cobra with 500hp dont you see that also with the z06 and the new viper in car adds, magazines everwhere, but the truth is it doesnt compare anywhere near those cars, its always been like that.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 08-16-2007 at 08:12 AM.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Or did you have the valve covers off? It was still a factory stock combo, wasn't it?

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Yeah like the Ws6 is anything compared to the cobra vs GT, the ws6 and base T/A made the same power, the GT made 260hp and the cobra was a completely different motor with a supercharger on it, not to mention IRS, and a 6 speed the difference between the ws6 powertrain and normal T/A powertrain, not a damn thing.
    When the were both produced, they both cost around $30k, they both made about 320 hp, they were both 2+2s. They were in the same market segment. The Mustang Cobra was never in the same market segment as the 70k Z06, or the old Z06.

And as I recall the only comparison in a magazine between the Cobra and the Z was the old Z, not the new one. That comparison actually made a little sense since the Cobra's underrated 390hp plant held a fart's chance in a windstorm of performing similarly. I don't recall any direct comparison between the old Cobra, and the new Z06.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Thanks,
    John

That's a completely different argument than the one we started down. It had nothing to do with Z06s vs. GTs. Even on this one, I disagree though. The Z06 does not outperform the GT on road courses. To date, I have not seen a stock one outperform the GT in a straight line either, though they trap very similarly, and I think it's about a driver's race. The only vid I've seen of a GT getting spanked by a vette, the vette was modded. But for your sake, and for the sake of preventing endless argument, let's not play the modded vs. modded game.

Chris

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information